Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,681 to 2,700 of 5,926

Haru17

Anyone beat Gogmazios yet? It's weapons look kinda like basic geometry + chains and spikes, but the female gunner set is positively wicked (if not very customizable).

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JaxonH

Haru17 wrote:

Anyone beat Gogmazios yet? It's weapons look kinda like basic geometry + chains and spikes, but the female gunner set is positively wicked (if not very customizable).

Yeah I have. Don't like his weapons, no purple sharpness even with Sharpness+1

Armor is ok if you want an Awakening set. The Arcana and Avarice would be a great combination if you didn't have to use relic weapons and talismans (if they even exist) to activate the skill

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

Thanks for the help Jaxon!

It was really lucky that we got some G pink rath pieces, since I could make a part of her armor and combine it with my current set for extra defense xD

I'll keep doing the berry quest a bit to finish upgrading my HR armor pieces to boost my defense some more.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

JaxonH wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Yeah I have. Don't like his weapons, no purple sharpness even with Sharpness+1

Armor is ok if you want an Awakening set. The Arcana and Avarice would be a great combination if you didn't have to use relic weapons and talismans (if they even exist) to activate the skill

Yeah... I just think it looks pretty. It's like this ornament my family has. It was made out of volcanic ash, so it has this weird iridescent carbon shine to it. That and the claws? Dopetastic. And yes, I wish the weapons looked more like the armor and were more viable.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Eel

Haaaaaaaaaaaa that took forever, and an Apex Rajang tried to prevent it, but I could defeat that frenzied plum hermitaur in the berry mission all by myself.

Now I need to rest a bit.

I also got materials to create a much better version of my support horn (the second to last upgrade of the metal bagpipes), and found a talisman with Thunder resistance +10.

That was a good mission.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Spoony_Tech

Sanya wrote:

This Apex thing scares me...I gotta deal with a Seregios one fairly soon, huh. o.o

I was terrified as first and surprised at least how easy the one I faced went down. At least the caravan one.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
The caravan one is just an introduction. Really not all that hard since it's at high rank level technically. And Seregios is notoriously the easiest Apex there is. He still puts up a fight in G rank, but a good team can bring him down. We were farming him in 10-12 minute runs yesterday. Apex Rajang on the other hand, he was flooring hunters with 800 defense like they were asphalt. Few hunters at 700 defense were triple carting repeatedly. Finally got a good team and was taking him down in about 25 minutes.

Once you've fought a few, and have both Lv 2 wystones, and have at least 700-750 defense and a good team, they're not really that hard. Granted Apex Rajang will always be a nightmare (and I imagine Deviljho too though I haven't fought him in Apex yet)

@MorphMarron
You must mean frenzied Rajang (you won't have access to Apex monsters until after your G3 Urgent with Gogmazios, and even then you have to unlock several scrolls just to get Apex Seregios- Apex Rajang is unlocked at one of the final G crown scrolls).

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

dkxcalibur

Can anyone tell me how many blocks a downloaded MH4 takes up?

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

Iggly

@JaxonH Apex Monsters can show up as intruders even if you haven't reached G Crown.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

JaxonH

Iggly wrote:

@JaxonH Apex Monsters can show up as intruders even if you haven't reached G Crown.

True, but it's only in a few select quests and highly doubtful for a G1 Berry Gathering quest. I ran into a Rajang on that quest myself, and he was not Apex, which leads me to believe that it wasn't in fact an apex monster he saw. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would be amazed if that's the case.

Edited on by JaxonH

Iggly

@dkxcalibur The game should be roughly around 21,330 Blocks, though I'm not fully sure if that's the exact size since I own the physical version.

Iggly

JaxonH wrote:

Iggly wrote:

True, but it's only in a few select quests and highly doubtful for a G1 Berry Gathering quest. I ran into a Rajang on that quest myself, and he was not Apex, which leads me to believe that it wasn't in fact an apex monster he saw. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would be amazed if that's the case.

You probably ran into a regular Rajang, but it looks like the Apex one is also available on the Berry quest. http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/quest/guild/8/birthday-berries So I wouldn't be surprised if Morph actually ran into an Apex Rajang.

Eel

I'm very sure the icon said "APEX", it was also a different color. More pink than purple.

So yeah, the first apex I see and it was a darn rajang. I totally ran around it like a scaredy cat, so I don't really know much of how it behaved or how strong he was... Since I didn't give him the pleasure of OHKO-ing me.

I did see him throw boulders at my general direction and using electric attacks on my cats though, it was entertaining.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

TeeJay

Apex Rajang was the first thing I saw in the berries mission, even before the Purple Hermitaur. I actually thought Jaxon had made a mistake and quietly cursed him** as I tried to run away for dear life. But the thing would have none of it. It sumersaulted in the air and came down on me like a speeding train, OHKOing me. My Seregios' s armor's weakness to lightning didn't help matters.
**Didn't actually happen

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

@Iggly
If he actually did that woulda been pretty funny to watch. Fresh outa high rank, gathering berries and the (arguably) toughest monster in the game comes strolling through.

Best he didn't try to take him on. Even a frenzied Rajang would have made short work of him in 450 defense armor lol... And an apex would have vaporized him on the spot

JaxonH

MorphMarron wrote:

I'm very sure the icon said "APEX", it was also a different color. More pink than purple.

So yeah, the first apex I see and it was a darn rajang. I totally ran around it like a scaredy cat, so I don't really know much of how it behaved of how strong he was... Since I didn't give him the pleasure of OHKO-ing me.

I did see him throw boulders at my general direction and using electric attacks on my cats though, it was entertaining.

Ya then it was definitely an APEX you saw. It's just extremely rare- I knew there was a resident Rajang on patrol occasionally but I was almost sure he was a normal one. Guess I was wrong. I wasn't trying to set you up I promise [cough cough... Thought it would be good practice for ya]

Edited on by JaxonH

Eel

I was lucky the hermitaur seemed to be as scared of the Rajang as I was, since he usually left the area when it appeared

Bloop.

TeeJay

Extremely rare? I must have been incredibly unlucky because it showed up 50% of the time. I'm on to you Jaxon.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

MorphMarron wrote:

I was lucky the hermitaur seemed to be as scared of the Rajang as I was, since he usually left the area when it appeared

That Rajang would have been eating King Alaskan Crab legs for dinner. Hermitaur knew what time it was- time to get the **** out!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.