Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,661 to 2,680 of 5,926

MisterMan

If anyone is free and wants to help kill Gore on the G2 urgent I'd appreciate it:
01-5591-5874-6031

EDIT: Finally got it done, it took a few tries but I finally got a good group together.

Edited on by MisterMan

MisterMan

potatomage7

Tried Heavy Bowgun last night for the first time, it's actually pretty fun! Might play with it every so often. The main thing preventing me fro making it a sub-main is the incredibly annoying blademaster/gunner armor split. It's hard enough to make one set of armor, making two is just too much.

Edited on by potatomage7

potatomage7

JaxonH

I did it!

I maxed out my new Crimson Fatalis Blast glaive and honed it for defense with those dang Zenith Wyvern Gem L from Apex Rajang. And still managed to keep Evasion+3, Sharpness+1, Windproof Hi and HG Earplugs in the process. Nice!

With that added +60 to defense through honing, now I don't mind using the glaive so much. My normal one had +110 so there was no way I was gonna take a drop in defense that large just to use another weapon. But a mere drop of 50? Sure, I can dig that.

I did end up dropping the Bomb Boost skill though. I don't want to downgrade Evasion and Windproof just to add a little extra oomph in my blast status. I can always eat for Felyne Pyro if anything. Besides, this glaive has a whopping 560 blast status- I don't think it needs any help applying the status effect lol...

EDIT: And my goodness, Apex Rajang... Ya, you guys are gonna have fun with that one hahaha.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

This Apex thing scares me...I gotta deal with a Seregios one fairly soon, huh. o.o

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

From what I hear, it's like a super form of the frenzy virus.

The monsters that didn't die of the virus apparently learned how to fully use it

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TeeJay

Would anyone like to help me do G1 Key quests? It's more fun with others

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Joeynator3000

isn't in G-Rank yet TwT
Also, gotta upgrade weapons and make Teo's stuff, because explosions. lol

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

I kinda want to get G armor, though I'm not too sure any of the starting missions will be easy to solo with my current set.

Any suggestions for my starter set? ... Kecha...?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

TeeJay

MorphMarron wrote:

I kinda want to get G armor, though I'm not too sure any of the starting missions will be easy to solo with my current set.

Any suggestions for my starter set? ... Kecha...?

I'm still in my high rank armor. I followed Jaxon's advise and farmed Heavy armor spheres in the berry quest.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MisterMan

@MorphMarron I used Tetsu X for G1 until I got Regios X at the end of G1. It served me well and I benefited from the extra defense.

MisterMan

Eel

Oh that's right, I could get armor spheres! I'll try to find that fabled berry mission.

I guess I could also try to get a better HR armor too. Wanna hunt some Teostras, Sanya?

Is that Tetsu armor G or HR?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

SnowyGlaceon

MisterMan wrote:

If anyone is free and wants to help kill Gore on the G2 urgent I'd appreciate it:
01-5591-5874-6031

EDIT: Finally got it done, it took a few tries but I finally got a good group together.

I helped

ALL HAIL THE GLACEONS!
Nets truly are wondrous things...

3DS Friend Code: 0447-6300-7598

MisterMan

It's G rank. It should be one the early missions in G1.

MisterMan

SnowyGlaceon

Farming Desert Seltas Queen. Why? Gunner armour.
39-3248-0622-0095

Edited on by SnowyGlaceon

ALL HAIL THE GLACEONS!
Nets truly are wondrous things...

3DS Friend Code: 0447-6300-7598

JaxonH

MorphMarron wrote:

Oh that's right, I could get armor spheres! I'll try to find that fabled berry mission.

I guess I could also try to get a better HR armor too. Wanna hunt some Teostras, Sanya?

Is that Tetsu armor G or HR?

What I did was max out my HR armor as far as it would go (until it needed strong armor spheres). That, combined with the Armor Charm and Armor Talon, combined with a weapon that adds bonus defense, was enough to start scouting G rank quests for strong armor spheres. I found quite a few in the "Deliver 8 Tropical Berries" quest in the rewards box by taking out the Plum D Hermitaur that crashes the party. It's not a guarantee- sometimes I got just 1, sometimes 3, but after a few quests I was able to upgrade my armor 2 full rounds with 10 strong armor spheres. Mind you I did this solo, so with a group it shouldn't be a problem whatsoever.

Then I simply ran through the G1 key quests until I got to the Seregios Urgent. Farmed him for my first G rank set. Then I upgraded it until it could go no farther (without Divine Armor Spheres) and used it for most of the G2 and G3 quests. It wasn't until I reached Chameleos and Kushala Daora that I made my permanent mix armor set.

So ya, that plan of attack worked for me anyways. Think TeeJay also followed that blueprint for G rank as well...

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

I just did the berry mission, and tried my best to deal with the hermitaur, but it killed me twice so I left it.

At least I got some materials could mount it.

I also got a ton of minerals.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

JaxonH

@MorphMarron
Post the Hall ID. I'll help

You gather berries. I'll take out the Hermitaur. Just come help when you have all 8 berries (if I haven't killed him yet)

Edited on by JaxonH

Eel

Oh that would be great! (And I actually like his armor, so the possibility of making it would be really nice).

35-5795-9475-0488

I actually increased my defense a lot with that one trip, so I shouldnt be as defenseless in the case I get caught in the battle.

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.