Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 5,926

Joeynator3000

It's like, ever since the Rayman "leak", leaks have been going berserk or something. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

@Iggly
You can use it to craft a Hearing+4 decoration. I racked up a nice little supply just for that reason alone.

I take it you like playing solo a lot. It's definitely more challenging that's for sure. I'll run Gore with you a few times if you still want to though. I'm all done with my set, my glaive, finished G3 Urgent.. I just wanna fight some friggin Apex monsters soon! After beating Gogmazios, no new quests were given. Instead, I got a scroll that needs to be deciphered to open new quests (presumably Apex quests?). Every time I complete a quest it translates another letter on the scroll. Elder dragon quests translate multiple letters though I heard. Gosh darn it why does it have to be so difficult to fight Apex monsters? Zenith Wyvern gems are almost 100% drop rate for Apex, and I only need two more to hone my glaive.

We'll probably have to wait for DLC for Apex monsters. That or do 10 quests just to decipher one scroll, which unlocks who knows what.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Iggly

@JaxonH I usually didn't solo often in 3U, though I started solo'ing more in 4U since the randoms I usually hunt with are less helpful than my palico. (Which is pretty sad) Plus it's a pretty good way to know if I need some new equipment/upgrades if I can't solo the monsters I need to hunt. We can farm Gore Magala tomorrow around 12:30 or so since I got a half day tomorrow. Also you hunt your first apex monster (Seregios) after you decipher your third scroll.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Iggly
I work until 3pm, home by 4pm (central time). But then I'm available. And I have Good Friday off so it's gonna be a 3 day weekend. You know, with all the hunting we do together we may just get a Cosmic VE Ticket soon. I already got a golden ticket (presumably from hunting with you, since I've hunted with you more than with anyone else). That cosmic ticket can be traded for my Seregios Lens to final upgrade my Regios glaive, and I'm pretty sure it could be traded for your Gravios Pallium. We both win. All we have to do is hunt together a little more

And ya, I had just look that up online about the Apex Seregios after 3rd scroll. But I was reading on Kiranico the drop rates for Zenith Wyvern Gems for pretty much every monster in the game, meaning there should, theoretically, be an Apex quest for almost every monster in the game. But I only saw Regios and Rajang from scrolls. Need to get ahold of some frenzied guild quests (if they even exist). May be the monsters become Apex after a certain level?

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

Phew...I've been farming Heavy armor spheres for hours. My defense without food buffs is currently 489 and I'm 4 heavy sphere's away from maxing out my armor at 505 defense. I'm so close.

Then I can at least survive until I get ACTUAL G rank armor

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Iggly

@JaxonH Roughly around only 9 monsters or so can have an Apex form, why there's data of apex forms for monsters that can't become Apex is beyond me. (Unless they make some event quests) To answer your Guild Quest question, yes the monsters can become Apex after a certain level though I'm not sure what level does the quest have to be.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

TeeJay

Welp, I did it. I maxed my armor on Heavy Armor Spheres. Anyone know when I can start collecting True Armor Speres?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Haru17

Sanya wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Anyone else wish that instead of the insect glaive they added the falconry... falchion? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falchion)

...It's basically a small sword....we already have that with the shield. lol
Not to mention, isn't Rathalos' sword called a Falchion? lol

Well, madam, I think you are grossly underestimating the merits of the Falconry Falchion!
1) It's called the F$^@%*# Falconry Falchion!!!
2) FALCONRY; It's like a boomerang with a beak!
3) ...how 'bout that alliteration?

But seriously we need more weapons that incorporate live monsters into their design, that's a cool concept.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

Welp, I did it. I maxed my armor on Heavy Armor Spheres. Anyone know when I can start collecting True Armor Speres?

Dunes (night) has best odds from blue mining nodes. Next would be blue nodes in the volcano. And of course, eating for Explorer skill is something you want to do every single quest right now because you're almost guaranteed to get one or two from any secret area in G rank. I got all mine early on just from beating Purple King Crab on the 8 tropical berries quest in G1. But keep in mind they are hard to come by even later on in G rank. They're the rarest armor spheres you can mine (TRU and Divine can only begotten from high-level guild quests, crafting rare ore with armor stones that are virtually non-existent in the game thus far, or TRU can be obtained from polishing Rarity 8 or higher relics and selling them off). So you may want to hang onto them for your G armor set. Just a thought.

TeeJay

@Haru17 Isn't the Insect Glaive essentially the same concept?

@JaxonH Yeah I suppose it's useless to use such rare armor spheres on a temporary armor set. I'll save them for my G Rank set.

Edited on by TeeJay

nacho_chicken

TeeJay wrote:

@JaxonH Yeah I suppose it's useless to use such rare armor spheres on a temporary armor set. I'll save them for my G Rank set.

The Pirate J insect glaive we won't ever get has a robo-parrot as a kinsect.
Untitled

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

TeeJay

@nacho_chicken That looks amazing! Why can't we get it?

nacho_chicken

TeeJay wrote:

@nacho_chicken That looks amazing! Why can't we get it?

Capcom would likely have to pay out the wazoo to get the license from Shonen Jump in the US. The Pirate J sets have been a thing since MHP2nd in Japan. We've never gotten them. There's been plenty of anime/manga-related armor we've never gotten.
MH3U x Attack on Titan:
Untitled
MH4 x Silver Spoon:
Untitled

Fortunately, we're getting most of the crossover weapons/armor. Like the Taiko no Tatsujin HH and the Final Fantasy Palico armor.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

JaxonH

@nacho_chicken

Do. Want. Robotic bird glaive.

Must. Have. Giant. Spoon.

EDIT: Ok forget the glaive and the spoon, I want the Captain Hook felyne! "Kitty meowaul you with my hook!"

Too bad they didn't make a glaive with a Kinsect that upgraded to a Dung Beetle that worked like a dung bomb on monsters if you shot them while having all 3 colors of juices.

Edited on by JaxonH

Haru17

nacho_chicken wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

The Pirate J insect glaive we won't ever get has a robo-parrot as a kinsect.
Untitled

It's a shame we'll likely not see that glaive, but that doesn't mean more insect glaives couldn't have other, non-beetle avians as potential insects.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JaxonH

So, I'm kind of bummed by just how few G-rank quests there are compared to low and high rank. Not even all the monsters have a G rank quest (Gore Magala, for example). And only a handful of monsters being Apex, and only TWO of them not being guild quests... Idk, I was just expecting a lot more after Gogmazios. Hopefully there's an abundance of G rank DLC quests on the way.

I suppose I still need to play all the rest of the G-rank quests first, and finish the 10 star caravan quests, and unlock all the scrolls, and do all the DLC, and tackle the arena, and grind some guild quests... Yes, there's still plenty to do.

TeeJay

Anyone up for helping me do key G1 hunts?

JaxonH

Haha. Just fought Apex Seregios online and got my Zenith Wyvern gems, which I used to hone my glaive. FINALLY. Not only that, but I carved another Lens from his corpse, which means I can do the final upgrade on my Seregios glaive. Reason that matters, is it has Sharpness+1 built into the weapon, which means if I fully upgrade it, I can use it with a different armor set that does not require Sharpness+1. Maybe I could go for a new set with fencing in place of S+1. I do need one more Conquerers Seal though.

Also, deciphered my first scroll and unlocked G-rank Molten Tigrex. Also discovered that to unlock an Apex quest, you have to fight the monster a total of 35 times and the apex quest will show up in the G3 list. Also carved a Gore Magala mantle a bit ago on an expedition, AND got some armor stones from Mohran DLC quest. Flutterflies make TRU, but Cosmicite ore just makes strong. Things are really going my way today!

So here I stand. 840 defense with Extract Extend and Divine Protection from my glaive, with HG Earplugs, Evasion+3, Sharpness+1 and Windproof Hi. I am the apex monster hunter

JaxonH

@TeeJay

Let's do it. It's late but I've got time for a few.

Vizard18

JaxonH wrote:

@Vizard17

If you're looking to make armor for G rank you probably don't wanna go with anything that's High Rank. Even G rank Rhenopolis armor will max out higher than HR Kushala or Seregios. You could just make a basic G starter set (Rhenopolis armor, Bnahabra armor), or farm one of the G1 monsters like Cephalos, Kecha Wacha or Daimyo Hermitaur, or, what most people do, is max your armor out with armor spheres until your defense hits as close to 500 as you can get (armor charms/talon and weapon defense included) and plow through the G1 key quests until you can farm G rank Seregios. His armor will give you Steady Hand (fencing + sharpness combined), Negate Bleeding, Constitution+2, has 10 slots and starts at 460 defense before any upgrading (maxes out around 685 or so I think)

I'm very sorry for the late responce :c. and I see thanks! I did have some parts of the Silver sol and I completed the set yesterday so I guess I'll use that until I got a G - rank armor, thanks!

Games
The legend of zelda OoT
Mario kart 7
Pokemon Y
Super smash bros. 4
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Monster Hunter Generations

3DS Friend Code: 1435-4094-0912 | Nintendo Network ID: Ittoryu67

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.