Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 5,926

Vizard18

Since I graduated to G- rank I didn't touched any G- rank quest, I need a good armor to farm but there's barely someone doing the quest or joining the party :/, The armors that I had in mind was; Kushala (This thing is my favorite elder dragon, It's so cool but annoying to fight with all the wind xD) or seregios (both HR). Or are there any better armors that provide me any good? : o

Games
The legend of zelda OoT
Mario kart 7
Pokemon Y
Super smash bros. 4
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Monster Hunter Generations

3DS Friend Code: 1435-4094-0912 | Nintendo Network ID: Ittoryu67

JaxonH

@Vizard17

If you're looking to make armor for G rank you probably don't wanna go with anything that's High Rank. Even G rank Rhenopolis armor will max out higher than HR Kushala or Seregios. You could just make a basic G starter set (Rhenopolis armor, Bnahabra armor), or farm one of the G1 monsters like Cephalos, Kecha Wacha or Daimyo Hermitaur, or, what most people do, is max your armor out with armor spheres until your defense hits as close to 500 as you can get (armor charms/talon and weapon defense included) and plow through the G1 key quests until you can farm G rank Seregios. His armor will give you Steady Hand (fencing + sharpness combined), Negate Bleeding, Constitution+2, has 10 slots and starts at 460 defense before any upgrading (maxes out around 685 or so I think)

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

@JaxonH Thanks, and thanks for the advice too. I have to take on the second Urgent before I do the berries quest so I probably won't be able to do that until someone can hunt with me (working now, can't hunt atm)

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

@JaxonH Thanks, and thanks for the advice too. I have to take on the second Urgent before I do the berries quest so I probably won't be able to do that until someone can hunt with me (working now, can't hunt atm)

Working the night shift? I shouldn't even be up (it's 1am here in Wisconsin) but I slept for 8 straight hours after work.

You're not gonna like Ukanlos lol. He's not as bad as Dalamadur (imo) but he swims through the ice after you faster than you can outrun him. And if he catches you it's likely you'll get one shotted. That's when those Mega Dash Juices you got will come in EXTRA handy. In fact, The whole reason I needed some was to fight G rank Ukanlos.

That berries quest is good practice for G rank and fighting frenzied monsters. Definitely come prepared to fight though. Even a G rank Purple Hermitaur can be a formidable enemy when you're still in HR armor.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

Welp turns out big fish can escape. I thought the bar was just for added effect.

Btw, how do I get Lava Stones? I need three to upgrade my rathian horn.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

MorphMarron wrote:

Welp turns out big fish can escape. I thought the bar was just for added effect.

Btw, how do I get Lava Stones? I need three to upgrade my rathian horn.

I've never heard of lava stones. There's Firestone ore, Firecell Stone and Allfire Stone. I seriously doubt you need Allfire Stone because that doesn't come until volcano area in G rank. Unless it's a monster part or something.

Edited on by JaxonH

Eel

Well, I play the game in Spanish, so I just assumed that was the English name too.

It's probably a high rank material. Probably a mineral.

I guess I'll have to wait until I get the volcano tour mission to check there.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

MorphMarron wrote:

Well, I play the game in Spanish, so I just assumed that was the English name too.

It's probably a high rank material. Probably a mineral.

I guess I'll have to wait until I get the volcano tour mission to check there.

If you have the Valkyrie Chordmaker+ and are trying to upgrade to Queens Chordmaker, you'll need 3 Firecell Stones, that much I know because I have the Queens Chordmaker (never bothered to upgrade it further though). It's the upgrade where you need a Rathian Ruby as well,

Firecell Stone can be found in high rank Volcano, but it's rare. I'd eat for the Explorer skill- pretty good odds of getting Firecell Stone in the secret gathering spot (and not just from the ore, you can actually gather it from the shrub as well in the secret area). Other than that, hit all the blue nodes in volcano area, shouldn't take you long to get 3 of them.

TeeJay

Anyone up for helping hunt Ukanlos? I'm back from work.

And @JaxonH yup working the night shift. I work the night shift every day, it's my job.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Haru17

Anyone else wish that instead of the insect glaive they added the falconry... falchion? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falchion)

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Joeynator3000

Haru17 wrote:

Anyone else wish that instead of the insect glaive they added the falconry... falchion? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falchion)

...It's basically a small sword....we already have that with the shield. lol
Not to mention, isn't Rathalos' sword called a Falchion? lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Dunarus

Is the ONE PIECE DLC coming to the West?

Dunarus

TeeJay

Holy crap! I just took on Ukanlos solo and killed it in my first try!! It took 40 minutes but I did it! I've reached G Rank for the first time ever!!

EDIT:"First try" meaning I didn't fail the quest and have to start over. I DID cart twice.

Edited on by TeeJay

TeeJay

MorphMarron wrote:

Wow congrats!

Thanks!

JaxonH

@TeeJay

Nice job! Those Mega Dash juice help at all? I'ma need to restock sometime soon. Wasted 30 of em on Gogmazios during the 15 times I fought him for other people.

Now, go stock up on armor spheres and prepare to plow through G1. The time has come for your end game strategy my friend.

TeeJay

@JaxonH Those Mega Dash Juices helped a lot! I only brought 4 but I used them all. That charge attack it does when it's burrowing through the ice has some weird timing. It creates this weird illusion where it looks like it's going fast and slow at the same time, OHKO'd me once before I could get the timing down.

Iggly

I just got a Chameleos gem even though I didn't really need it when I was farming it solo, if only I could get a Gravios Pallium. On the bright side, I finished a mixed set that I plan on using to take down Kushala Daora and Ukanlos solo. Though I still need to farm Gore Magala so I can get a mantle from him, I'll most likely farm him tomorrow solo unless someone would like to farm him with me.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Now there's a MH4U HD rumor going on, WTF? Enough with these already! lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

HappyHappyist

Sanya wrote:

Now there's a MH4U HD rumor going on, WTF? Enough with these already! lol

If it isn't on the Direct tomorrow, then it's probably an April Fools' Joke.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.