Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 241 to 260 of 5,926

retired_account

Spoony_Tech wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Ahh shoot, meant to post yesterday but it's too late — this was up for preorder for $29.99 on Amazon yesterday, but it's back up to $40 now. Might be worth keeping an eye on it if any of you haven't preordered yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunter-Ultimate-Standard-Ninten...

Don't worry about it, if you look back a page or 2 someone else posted it. Are you getting this game for sure?

Oh ok cool, haha. And heck yes I am, preordered it yesterday.

Wish Nintendo would hurry up and release the New 3DS XL over here, would be so perfect for this game.

retired_account

Tsuchinoko

Yeah, sorry, the weapons are written as charge axe and slash axe in Japanese (katakana). I'm not as involved in the MH threads in NL as I am with Smash or other games, so I don't know the international names for a lot of things.

I was a big slash axe user in the third generation (once I got used to not having a shield, I used lance for a while). I'm liking the charge axe but I still alternate depending on the monster I fight. The weapon takes a bit of practice but its fun.

And yeah, I just use the lock on. I have a NEW 3ds but I haven't even been using that c-stick. I got so used to playing by constantly pressing the L shoulder button for the camera that I forget theres a new control stick there.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Undead_terror

Anyone hear? there is a special demo for MH4!, it's out in Europe but it isn't in NA yet...I don't know how you get it, guess we will wait and see.

"A special demo for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is being distributed at official events in Europe.

The special demo contains a few solo quests as well as local and online multiplayer."

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Undead_terror wrote:

Anyone hear? there is a special demo for MH4!, it's out in Europe but it isn't in NA yet...I don't know how you get it, guess we will wait and see.

"A special demo for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is being distributed at official events in Europe.

The special demo contains a few solo quests as well as local and online multiplayer."

This is news to me but I really want to play that demo. It better come here as well.

What is Capcom waiting for on the release date info. This is getting ridiculous! Actually my guess is they're waiting on Nintendo to reveal the New 3ds release date. Someone needs to give. Bet we get a Direct next week regarding this.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Interesting. We never get demos for the big games in Japan, not like they would be necessary seeing as how MH is a guaranteed seller.

HappyHappyist

Am I the only one not interested in the collector's edition for this game? I only want the game, I don't care much for memorabilia or accessories.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Spoony_Tech

What's suppose to be in the LE?

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Thanks for the pic. I think the extra 20$ is warranted but I don't need any of that stuff either.

MERG said:

Tsuchinoko

Hmm, I got a LE, which came with the game and a MH4 NEW 3ds and nothing else. I know Capcom sells deluxe versions on the website in Japan, but they sell out fast. I assumed it was a Capcom/Monfan exclusive.

Tsuchinoko

Just wondering, from plot descriptions and videos, what do you guys think of the virus storyline/mechanic? The virus and multi-tier battles are this generations central features, like how underwater battles were to Tri. I have to change my strategy a lot with infected monsters.

Spoony_Tech

I know nothing of the story or infections as well. Haveny been following that close.

MERG said:

MegaMari0

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Just wondering, from plot descriptions and videos, what do you guys think of the virus storyline/mechanic? The virus and multi-tier battles are this generations central features, like how underwater battles were to Tri. I have to change my strategy a lot with infected monsters.

Interesting....very very interesting.... what's the deal with infected monsters? are they more powerful or their behavior patterns completely different?

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Tsuchinoko

munchakoopas wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Interesting....very very interesting.... what's the deal with infected monsters? are they more powerful or their behavior patterns completely different?

The wyvern virus is the main plot of the game, at least with MH4 and its flagship monsters. The infection spreads from an unseen source and it is the job of the new hunter and the caravan that hires him to find out what is causing the monsters to act more aggressive than normal.

Infected monsters are like in a permanent rage mode, and move really fast. Some of them get new or altered attacks. With monsters like the Seltas duo one of them being infected will spread it to its partner.

Did this stuff not come up at all in the forums?

Some of the monsters do change their behavior quite a bit. They're almost like rage zombies in a way. Their eyes glow read and that purple smoke comes out of their mouths. They are all attacks. I noticed it recently with a Rathian. Its like he wasn't thinking logically, just lashing out randomly.

There's some info here

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Gore_Magala

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

MegaMari0

Tsuchinoko wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

The wyvern virus is the main plot of the game, at least with MH4 and its flagship monsters. The infection spreads from an unseen source and it is the job of the new hunter and the caravan that hires him to find out what is causing the monsters to act more aggressive than normal.

Infected monsters are like in a permanent rage mode, and move really fast. Some of them get new or altered attacks. With monsters like the Seltas duo one of them being infected will spread it to its partner.

Did this stuff not come up at all in the forums?

Some of the monsters do change their behavior quite a bit. They're almost like rage zombies in a way. Their eyes glow read and that purple smoke comes out of their mouths. They are all attacks. I noticed it recently with a Rathian. Its like he wasn't thinking logically, just lashing out randomly.

That seems pretty cool. Maybe it's the programmers making it look like the monster is hallucinating.
I personally haven't followed MH4 forums/news. I started looking into it with this forum and just googling some info now.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.