Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 5,926

Eel

Also, try not to abuse the vaulting, or you might find yourself wasting your opportunities of mounting the monsters.

Monsters gain resistance to mounting the more you do it, if you just try to mount then over and over and your teammates are not expecting it/are attacking the monster, they might drop you off the monster and waste a mounting.

So look for good oportunities to do it.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

potatomage7 wrote:

Just tried the Insect Glaive yesterday, and dang, it's really fun. Might make it a sub-main. It's fast enough to be able to land hits, while powerful enough to actually hit pretty hard. And that's not even counting the Kinsect buffs and pole vaulting.

It's so much better once you've fully upgraded. Once you get the speed, stamina and strength of the Kinsect to 110+ each (preferably more but...) and if you take a certain upgrade path you can get the Extract Extend skill, where your buffs last 2 minutes as opposed to just 1 minute. And when you have both red, yellow and white juice, you get Attack Up Large, which can do some major damage in 2 minutes (of course you rinse and repeat thoughout the hunt).

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

MorphMarron wrote:

Also, try not to abuse the vaulting, or you might find yourself wasting your opportunities of mounting the monsters.

Monsters gain resistance to mounting the more you do it, if you just try to mount then over and over and your teammates are not expecting it/are attacking the monster, they might drop you off the monster and waste a mounting.

So look for good oportunities to do it.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Iggly

Been trying to get a Gravios Pallium since I need it for the G-Rank Master Sword upgrade and had no luck with any of the randoms I hunted with. Though I should probably hunt High Rank Teostra tomorrow since I still need his gem to do the first upgrade of the Master Sword, so if anyone would want to help me farm either of those, just let me know.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

JaxonH

Iggly wrote:

Been trying to get a Gravios Pallium since I need it for the G-Rank Master Sword upgrade and had no luck with any of the randoms I hunted with. Though I should probably hunt High Rank Teostra tomorrow since I still need his gem to do the first upgrade of the Master Sword, so if anyone would want to help me farm either of those, just let me know.

I'll help for a bit, though sometime soon I would like to spend a little time running through all the G rank quests and stocking up on Strong Armor Spheres and Vile Frnezy Crystals (to polish relics and trade for TRU Spheres).

I just crafted the ultimate mixed set using mostly my Chameleos armor but with Daora arms and waist. Get this, it has:

Sharpness+1
HG Earplugs
Evasion+3
Windproof (Lo)

And it actually looks pretty good all things considered! Anyways, when did you wanna hunt

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

potatomage7

Any tips for grinding nectar at low rank? I accidentally used up a lot of my speed nectar on a subpar glaive, and I need some more to grind up my current one. I'm not going to bother making an Extend Extract glaive until I hit G Rank, which will be a looong way away.

potatomage7

Iggly

@JaxonH Either in a few minutes or tomorrow at noon(Eastern time) is fine with me.

JaxonH

potatomage7 wrote:

Any tips for grinding nectar at low rank? I accidentally used up a lot of my speed nectar on a subpar glaive, and I need some more to grind up my current one. I'm not going to bother making an Extend Extract glaive until I hit G Rank, which will be a looong way away.

Um, expeditions have nectar if you gather by the red and blue pine cone looking shrubs. At some point the Wycoon will sell you random materials for Caravan points too- you can buy nectar from him with points from those expeditions as well, so it's a two-for-one. Eventually, when you get to G rank, use only Super High Quality Nectar++ for your glaive from beginning to end, and you'll end up with a super powerful Kinsect.

JaxonH

Iggly wrote:

@JaxonH Either in a few minutes or tomorrow at noon(Eastern time) is fine with me.

Let's go ahead and get some hunts in then. You wanted to fight G rank Gravios? He's tough, especially for just 2. Wanna do high rank Teostra (preferably frenzied so I can at least get Vile Frenzies from him)?

Iggly

@JaxonH High Rank Teostra sounds fine with me, I'd rather first have his gem so I can do the first upgrade. You can start the room.

Joeynator3000

Might try to go online again tonight, dunno yet...but my internet seems ok tonight. >.>
(and watch, the moment I go online my internet screws up or everyone vanishes, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

@Iggly
69-0116-1684-5209
Pass 9876

potatomage7

JaxonH wrote:

potatomage7 wrote:

Um, expeditions have nectar if you gather by the red and blue pine cone looking shrubs. At some point the Wycoon will sell you random materials for Caravan points too- you can buy nectar from him with points from those expeditions as well, so it's a two-for-one. Eventually, when you get to G rank, use only Super High Quality Nectar++ for your glaive from beginning to end, and you'll end up with a super powerful Kinsect.

Thanks! Quick question; on the screen after you click on the the expedition stamp, it shows a bunch of equipment and a certain weapon. Are you required to use this equipment and weapon, or is it just a suggestion? I haven't really done much in the way of expeditions.

Thanks for bearing with me, I don't want to bother you all with my noobishness.

potatomage7

JaxonH

potatomage7 wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

potatomage7 wrote:

Thanks! Quick question; on the screen after you click on the the expedition stamp, it shows a bunch of equipment and a certain weapon. Are you required to use this equipment and weapon, or is it just a suggestion? I haven't really done much in the way of expeditions.

Thanks for bearing with me, I don't want to bother you all with my noobishness.

No those are weapons you can get from the quest I think, but I know for a fact it's not weapons you're supposed to bring or anything. And no worries we were all noobs at one point in time and somebody had to help us

Astraea

I ran a Lv 140 Teostra Guild Quest today. It was a nightmare. Every little hit almost killed me. I'm amazed everyone managed to survive for so long. At least I was the only one that died from an unfair combo, I get knocked down once and Teostra snipes me with a mini nova as I got up.

Edited on by Astraea

Astraea

Haru17

Neptune wrote:

I ran a Lv 140 Teostra Guild Quest today. It was a nightmare. Every little hit almost killed me. I'm amazed everyone managed to survive for so long. At least I was the only one that died from an unfair combo, I get up and Teostra snipes me with a mini nova as I got up.

Those explosions sure are pretty, though. Apex Rajang is my white whale. It just always kills me. Once it punched me, I started to sheath my weapon, and it turned and punched me to death inside of 2 seconds :/

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

MisterMan

I'm trying to finish off my G rank Tetsucabra armor and I'm having some trouble finding Rhenoplos and I can't find any info online. Anyone know where to find them in G rank missions?

MisterMan

Joeynator3000

None of the G quests have them? Usually you'd have to find them via a Tour or some large monster quest.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.