Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 5,926

Astraea

I was busy farming G rank Teostra today.

Also, I found a team running key quests and we all got the G-rank Special Permit. Gogmazios isn't hard to beat but the fight drags on for 20-30 minutes, so make sure you're prepared.

Astraea

Iggly

@JaxonH Armor stones can be obtained by completing the low rank Mohran event quest. You can get true armor spheres from the following guild quests:
LV81-100: Yian Garuga/Kirin family/Gore Magala/Zinogre family/Tigrex family/Bracchy
LV76-100: Kushala/Shagaru/Teostra/Rajang
[You can also get True Armor spheres by polishing then selling off a Rarity 8 Relic in Harth]
While you can get divine armor spheres from:
LV136-140: Velocidrome/Yian Kut-Ku/Blue Yian Kut-Ku/Basarios/Ruby Basarios
LV126-140: Tigrex family/Zinogre family/Diablos family/Plum Daimyo/Yian Garuga/Gore and Shagaru/Seregios/Bracchy/Kirin family/Kushala/Teostra/Chameleos/Rajang/Deviljho

I dunno about cosmic armor spheres, couldn't find anything about them online. Sorry! :s

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Iggly
So you have do guild quests for TRU and divine? That sucks. Well, I have a Lv 98 Gore Magala we can get divine from now, a Lv 120 Kushala we can get divine from if it gets leveled up 6 more, a Lv 101 Black Diablos if it's leveled up 20 more, a Lv 98 Ruby Basarios if it gets leveled up 40 more, a Lv 86 Plum Hermitar if it gets leveled up 40 more, and a Lv 86 Brachy and Velocidrome but they need another 40 and 50 respectively.

I never got a single armor stone from Jhen, might have to try it again. But ya, maybe we should get around to farming some of these for spheres sometime. Maybe when TJ gets his G armor...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Hy8ogen

Anybody knows where I can hunt a high rank Ruby Basarios? I need his carapace to make crit draw jewel....Can't seem to find him anywhere. Please help.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Haru17

nacho_chicken wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Ok, I need to understand this. Why do all you people, yes you people, insist on taking guild quests as opposed to normal quests with actual rewards. Guild quests are so miserly in their monster material rewards, even going so far as to deny guaranteed drops from breaking monster parts. Why do people prefer them so?

Me saying "Guild" is a holdover from FU. MH3U was technically "Port" and MH4U is technically "Gathering Hall".
As for why people do GQs: Once you hit around Lvl 136, you start getting ridiculous stuff like this:
http://i.imgur.com/JvZcH63.jpg
That's higher raw than every single craftable LS in the game (sans Akantor/Ukanlos, but those have junk sharpness). And it has almost 500 element without needing Awakening.
Plus, lv140 GQ monsters are the ultimate challenge. They sometimes even get new moves.

Yeah, I guess, but they're still give trash monster parts. I guess I really don't like their design. Monster Hunter is about slaying monsters and using their materials to craft equipment. There were no loot drops besides charms and those certainly shouldn't drop better weapons than those everyone worked to craft. It all just feels so cheap and plastic to me, compared to the rest of Monster Hunter which is really cleverly designed.

I suppose this won't be a problem in later installments when they finally realize that quests aren't a good structure for online play (due to gaps like g rank Dah'ren, Gore Magala, and all Basarios').

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Iggly

@Hy8ogen You can find Ruby Basarios in Expeditions, alternatively you can do a Ruby Basarios Guild Quest if you're having no luck finding him during your expeditions. Though you'd probably want to check online for what monsters in expeditions give Ruby Basarios since I forgot which monsters give it or find a Gathering Hall that is doing High Rank Ruby Basarios Guild Quests.

Astraea

Someone dumped a bunch of G rank Guild Quests on me today. I now have Teostra, Chameleos, and Rajang, along with the double frenzy Rajang I have before.

I managed to get some Divine armor spheres from the Teostra GQ, but man that thing takes a while to kill.

Astraea

MisterMan

I'm thinking of farming Daora (HR7) in an hour or two if anyone is interested. I'm going to try to get enough parts to build Daora's glaive.

Edited on by MisterMan

MisterMan

Iggly

@MorphMarron It's weakest to dragon, then lightning. Alternatively poison works well too since it weakens Kushala Daora's windforce.

JaxonH

Hy8ogen wrote:

Anybody knows where I can hunt a high rank Ruby Basarios? I need his carapace to make crit draw jewel....Can't seem to find him anywhere. Please help.

I have a Lv 98 guild quest for Ruby Basarios, can send it to you next time we hunt. Only way I know to fight him

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Neptune wrote:

Someone dumped a bunch of G rank Guild Quests on me today. I now have Teostra, Chameleos, and Rajang, along with the double frenzy Rajang I have before.

I managed to get some Divine armor spheres from the Teostra GQ, but man that thing takes a while to kill.

I'll trade you for those guild quests- got a Ruby Basarios, Kushala Daora, Shaguru Magala, Barachydios, Black Diablos and quite a few others if you want. I need armor spheres, TRU and divine. And more guild quests are key.

I just finished crafting my G rank Chameleos armor set, complete with poison glaive. Besides the given Status+2, CritStatus, Windproof Hi and HG earplugs, I can either gem in Evasion+2 and keep the poison glaive for status attacks, or I can gem in Sharpness+1 and with the poison glaive for status attacks, or, I can go with Evasion+3... The ringer is I have to use my triple slot Crab glaive which has no status to take advantage of. But, it does come with Defense +50 and Eva+3 is definitely better than Eva+2... Still, it'd be a darn shame to have all those status skills and not put them to use.

Edited on by JaxonH

nacho_chicken

Haru17 wrote:

Yeah, I guess, but they're still give trash monster parts. I guess I really don't like their design. Monster Hunter is about slaying monsters and using their materials to craft equipment. There were no loot drops besides charms and those certainly shouldn't drop better weapons than those everyone worked to craft. It all just feels so cheap and plastic to me, compared to the rest of Monster Hunter which is really cleverly designed.

I suppose this won't be a problem in later installments when they finally realize that quests aren't a good structure for online play (due to gaps like g rank Dah'ren, Gore Magala, and all Basarios').

I totally agree with the fact that there should be craftable weapons that give better stats than GQ weapons.

As far as your point about MH being about killing monsters and making armor/weapons out of their parts: at that point, you really don't have anything else left to make. Armor doesn't matter at that point apart from skills. Lv140 monsters will 1-2 shot Blademasters at 800 Defense and will 1 shot Gunners. The super-powerful weapons seem to me to end up being more like the "legendary sword" you get from beating the hardest boss in a standard RPG. Not really all that useful, since you already beat the hardest thing in the game. And with MH4U, there's no telling how many times you had to beat the hardest monsters in the game to get that one weapon. I don't dislike the idea of randomized weapons/armor, but I do think it would've been a better idea to have lv140 monsters drop special parts to make powered up versions of their weapons.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Joeynator3000

...I get the feeling Khezu is destroying the 3DS speakers, lol...

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

MisterMan

I'm doing HR7 quests if anyone wants to join:
41-2876-0192-5983

MisterMan

MisterMan

New room at: 68-5778-2412-9040

Looks like we got disconnected

MisterMan

Iggly

Pretty close to finishing the Lecturer Armor X, I just need 2 more Elder Butterfly Beetles and a few Green Plesioth materials. I'd probably be done making it if the Green Plesioth actually decided to show up since I've only fished it out once. [Also my luck with Hunters for Hire rewards have been been awful as well] :s

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.