Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 5,926

JaxonH

Spoony_Tech wrote:

All of you guys just seem like you're in a hurry to rank up. Mean while I got to high rank like over a week ago and I'm still rank 4! I've put in at least another 40 Plus hours since then too. I'm having fun Just going at my own pace and doing single player mostly. I'll hop online soon enough.

Yeah I'm closing in on 200 hours- it gets to a point where you want to start investing time into armor and charms that will actually last the rest of the game. I completed all of single player, so I was more than ready to get rollin in G rank. I've got my end game armor set, and now I'm just working on gemming in my final skills. I have HG earplugs, Edge Lore, Constitution +2, Negate Bleeding, and if I can get one more Daora gem I can squeeze in Evasion +1 as well.

So now that I have all the wystones, my goal is to get that gem so I can have Evasion +1, HG Earplugs and Edge Lore all in the same set. Then my goal is to hone my glaive for defense. I'm currently at 700, but with a honed blade and TRU armor spheres (and whatever comes after- divine?) I'm hoping to break 850-900

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Iggly

Haru17 wrote:

Ok, I need to understand this. Why do all you people, yes you people, insist on taking guild quests as opposed to normal quests with actual rewards. Guild quests are so miserly in their monster material rewards, even going so far as to deny guaranteed drops from breaking monster parts. Why do people prefer them so?

Usually when someone says they're taking Guild quests, they're often referring to the Gathering Hall/Elder Hall quests since a lot of people are most used to saying Guild due to 3 Ultimate. Though when people are talking about actual Guild Quests, there's usually plenty of reasons why someone would want to do them since there's some monsters exclusive to Guild Quests/Everwood. Also it's the only way to get Mantles for certain monsters like Gore Magala.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

.....My page randomly refreshed while I was typing out my post. o_0
...Anyways, ahem...
Now the game decides to be evil to me with the materials...need a Rathalos Ruby. >_>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TeeJay

Sanya wrote:

...Anyways, ahem...
Now the game decides to be evil to me with the materials...need a Rathalos Ruby. >_>

J'm still convinced that the Desire Sensor is a thing

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

nacho_chicken

Haru17 wrote:

Ok, I need to understand this. Why do all you people, yes you people, insist on taking guild quests as opposed to normal quests with actual rewards. Guild quests are so miserly in their monster material rewards, even going so far as to deny guaranteed drops from breaking monster parts. Why do people prefer them so?

Me saying "Guild" is a holdover from FU. MH3U was technically "Port" and MH4U is technically "Gathering Hall".
As for why people do GQs: Once you hit around Lvl 136, you start getting ridiculous stuff like this:
http://i.imgur.com/JvZcH63.jpg
That's higher raw than every single craftable LS in the game (sans Akantor/Ukanlos, but those have junk sharpness). And it has almost 500 element without needing Awakening.
Plus, lv140 GQ monsters are the ultimate challenge. They sometimes even get new moves.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Joeynator3000

TeeJay wrote:

Sanya wrote:

...Anyways, ahem...

It wasn't bothering me until now, even got a Dissenter or whatever it's called from Seregios, lol.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

TeeJay

Sanya wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Sanya wrote:

...Anyways, ahem...

It wasn't bothering me until now, even got a Dissenter or whatever it's called from Seregios, lol.

Were you actually trying to get a Dissenter? Or did it just show up and you were like "Oh ok cool"

Cause you know how the Desire Sensor works, you get all kinds of rare crap for stuff you're not interested in but the one thing you want doesn't show up until like 50 hunts lol

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Joeynator3000

TeeJay wrote:

Sanya wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Sanya wrote:

...Anyways, ahem...

Were you actually trying to get a Dissenter? Or did it just show up and you were like "Oh ok cool"

Cause you know how the Desire Sensor works, you get all kinds of rare crap for stuff you're not interested in but the one thing you want doesn't show up until like 50 hunts lol

Well I meant I was working on his armor anyways, lol. So I wasn't exactly aiming for it yet. xp
More like, was going for everything, lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

TeeJay

Anyone up for some HR 7 hunts?

TeeJay

....Nobody then? Ok, I'll just try and tackle that Molten Tigrex to upgrade my glaive

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

I'm trying to farm Kushala Daora for one last gem to make a Hearing +4 decoration, which will free up a slot and allow me to squeeze in Evasion to my set. I'll farm him with U, but I doubt that's what you wanted to hunt right now, am I right?

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

JaxonH wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I'm trying to farm Kushala Daora for one last gem to make a Hearing +4 decoration, which will free up a slot and allow me to squeeze in Evasion to my set. I'll farm him with U, but I doubt that's what you wanted to hunt right now, am I right?

Not really. I'll just concentrate on upgrading my glaive I guess

TeeJay

Upgraded my glaive! I've opened a room online to hunt Akantor, it's open to randoms

MisterMan

@TeeJay what's the room number? I might be able to get online in a bit

MisterMan

TeeJay

MisterMan wrote:

@TeeJay what's the room number? I might be able to get online in a bit

We failed and I closed the room, I'm going to go see a movie now. Will you be on in, say, 3 hours?

JaxonH

Ok guys, new objective. WE ALL NEED Kushala Daora G rank armor. We're looking at 109 def starting per piece, 2 triple slots and 3 double slots, with Evasion, Critical Element, Fast Charge and Heat Res, and even has +3 Handicraft on the board.

And it's easy to make! I've got most everything I need after just 3 hunts- only need 5 Large Elder Dragon Bone and 1 Large Elder Dragon Gem!

I've got a Lv 121 guild quest we can farm, and also get you rare armor and weapons with crazy skills! I got a 380 raw damage, white sharpness dual blades and it's only on Lv 1! I also got 3 armor pieces with 86 starting defense and +5 per piece of crazy skills like Nimbleness and Prayer. This changes everything. Kushala Daora armor is where it's at. Any takers?

Edited on by JaxonH

MisterMan

@TeeJay I'm not sure. I might be. Post on here if you do go online later. I just got to HR7

MisterMan

TeeJay

MisterMan wrote:

@TeeJay I'm not sure. I might be. Post on here if you do go online later. I just got to HR7

Cool! If you're on later we can go through the key quests together, as I'm also HR7.

@JaxonH Oh my. Is that monster out of the league of someone like me? I'd be interested in grinding for some solid G Tank armor. My weapon would probably cut it since I just upgraded, I'm just worried about my defense. Without food boosts I'm at 395 defense

Edited on by TeeJay

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

MisterMan wrote:

Cool! If you're on later we can go through the key quests together, as I'm also HR7.

@JaxonH Oh my. Is that monster out of the league of someone like me? I'd be interested in grinding for some solid G Tank armor. My weapon would probably cut it since I just upgraded, I'm just worried about my defense. Without food boosts I'm at 395 defense

He hits hard, might wanna get some G armor first. I'm at 700+ without food boosts so yeah... But once u do, we should all farm the livin heck outa this guy. I actually just realized I don't need to farm him to get a gem to trade for Chameleos gem, I actually have a better chance of getting one by farming Chameleos.

So, anyone wanna hunt Chameleos for a bit? I've never fought him, but with 7% drop rate it shouldn't take long

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.