Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 221 to 240 of 5,926

CanisWolfred

^I'll agree that it looked great in 3D. I still don't like having to hold the system at a certain angle, though...keeps screwing me up every time I move a little...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

I use to transfer data daily. I would play online on the big screen and then transfer back to the 3ds for solo play so I can take it anywhere.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Hey guys. Just thought
I'd pop in here. Japanese resident, long time MH player. I've been playing generation 4 since MH4 first came out. If anyone has any questions, let me know.

I use both the charge axe and slash axe.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Spoony_Tech

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Hey guys. Just thought
I'd pop in here. Japanese resident, long time MH player. I've been playing generation 4 since MH4 first came out. If anyone has any questions, let me know.

It's good to see you back around.

I do have one question, does the online in 4U have voice chat and how well does it run if you've used it that is?

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Hey guys. Just thought

It's good to see you back around.

I do have one question, does the online in 4U have voice chat and how well does it run if you've used it that is?

Unless there's some special accessory that I'm not aware of, no there's not. The text chat is open in the main online hub, and in quest there's pre-made phrases plus slots for ones that you can create for use in quests. One new feature that I've seen for 4G is that it will automatically pull out a phrase for you character to alert other players if you are in trouble, such as automatically saying you are dizzy if you are hit with blight, or to alert other players if you are riding the monster.

Spoony_Tech

@Tsuchinoko Thanks for your time!

MERG said:

Tsuchinoko

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Tsuchinoko Thanks for your time!

Its all good. I play online quite often, but don't really get to talk about video games all that much. I don't have in person gaming friends.

Moms-Meowth

Want the Street Fighter and DMC palico's. They look awesome.

"Quote Samwise7
@Moms-Meowth Lol, so classy and sarcastic. Love it."

Tsuchinoko

AOLCraig wrote:

Want the Street Fighter and DMC palico's. They look awesome.

I'm still curious as to whether those are NA/PAL exclusive or not.

MegaMari0

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Hey guys. Just thought

Is the charge Axe/slash axe the replacement for the switch axe? I saw video footage of a sword shield becoming an axe. it was cool.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

MegaMari0

iKhan wrote:

@munchakoopas I'm not sure I could handle not experiencing MH3U in 3D. All the environments are absolutely stunning in 3D.

I will agree 3D looks great. I can't deal with the control scheme though. I bought the CCP for the camera reason. I did spend some time learning how to use the touch screen to turn the camera and the CCP. Clunky with the touchpad and very uncomfortable with the CCP after only a few hunts usually after an hour.

CanisWolfred

I just used lock-on or the old school button-press-to-right-camera-in-front style of play, which works better than people give it credit for.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MegaMari0

believe me I tried. I sunk 200+ hours using just the 3DS. Currently my Wii U file has listed 327 hours. It's gonna keep climbing as I take down more rathalos to build my Set. got a rathalos mantle unexpectedly last night. This game sorta feels like megaman. Crafting one set of armor to take down a monster who's weak to the weapon enhanced by the armor i just crafted. It just feels better on the Wii U than on the 3DS. Though once the NEW 3ds comes out I'll switch back and buy myself a copy of mh4u. So for now Wii U MH3U FTW!!

Spoony_Tech

Lock on works great for me as well. Can't see why some people couldn't figure it out.

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

pixelman wrote:

Ahh shoot, meant to post yesterday but it's too late — this was up for preorder for $29.99 on Amazon yesterday, but it's back up to $40 now. Might be worth keeping an eye on it if any of you haven't preordered yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunter-Ultimate-Standard-Ninten...

Don't worry about it, if you look back a page or 2 someone else posted it. Are you getting this game for sure?

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.