Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,121 to 2,140 of 5,926

TheBlackDeath

Hi everybody, I want to introduce myself to you all with a friendly "hi".

I`m new to the Nintendo 3ds world but a old hunter from the begining of the Monster Hunter series since the good old PS2.

Yesterday i bought me a new 3ds and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Yay!

I have played all over the PSP Monster Hunter`s, WII`s MHtri, on my Smartphone (with ppsspp) and even on PS3 the HD version of MHP3rd Jap... but now my skills are a little bit rusty... And I never played on a Nintendo 3ds before

I would be very happy if you guys could help me

Edited on by TheBlackDeath

TheBlackDeath

Iggly

I'll be doing the G1 key quests soon so I can farm Seregios, if anyone wants to do them with me just let me know. Otherwise I'll just try joining a random room.

@TheBlackDeath MH4U is a great game, so it's nice to have more people joining the hunt. If you either have questions or want to hunt, most of us here are willing to help.

Edited on by Iggly

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

JaxonH

Iggly wrote:

I'll be doing the G1 key quests soon so I can farm Seregios, if anyone wants to do them with me just let me know. Otherwise I'll just try joining a random room.

@TheBlackDeath MH4U is a great game, so it's nice to have more people joining the hunt. If you either have questions or want to hunt, most of us here are willing to help.

You don't even have to ask. You know I'll be there farming Seregios right along side you

I'll be home in a little over 2 hours. Post when you're ready

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@TheBlackDeath
Nice to meet you. I think you're gonna love MH4U on 3DS. Not only does the game look gorgeous and has 3D, but they've really perfected the mechanics since the older games. I've never met better gamers than the Monster Hunter community- everyone is more than willing to help others out.

As far as online, I would recommend playing through some of the single player first just to get some decent armor and weapons and get back in the swing of things. That's what I did since it had been over a year since I played MH3U on Wii U.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

Welcome @TheBlackDeath!

Well, after careful use of dodging, traps and farcasters (thanks @JaxonH), I was able to kill that Molten Tigrex! I was so happy to be able to upgrade my Seregios Glaive...until I saw I needed another M. Tigrex Fang +. I think I'm going to cry.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

@TeeJay
Wow, I'm surely impressed- you managed to solo Molten Tigrex? Me and Iggly fought him over and over and over and just couldn't quite get him. Finally we asked for help from 2 randoms and slaughtered him in like 10-15 minutes, twice in a row. But solo? Wasn't happening....

Iggly

@JaxonH Unless he did the Gathering Hall quest version, the Caravan Molten Tigrex is way easier to solo.

JaxonH

@Iggly
Ohhhh, I bet you're right. Ya that guild quest ain't the type you simply waltz up and solo lol

TeeJay

JaxonH wrote:

@TeeJay
Wow, I'm surely impressed- you managed to solo Molten Tigrex? Me and Iggly fought him over and over and over and just couldn't quite get him. Finally we asked for help from 2 randoms and slaughtered him in like 10-15 minutes, twice in a row. But solo? Wasn't happening....

@JaxonH I would attribute it to your advise about farcasters, even though it killed me once AS I was using one. That was infuriating. I'm fairly certain one or two milliseconds later and I would have been transported. I literally died in the farcaster smoke....

....but yeh, thanks, now I'm encouraged to think I'm a semi-decent hunter, lol. TOO BAD I HAVE TO DO IT ALL AGAIN. I'll try later...don't have time to do it now anymore

EDIT: Welp, nevermind, just saw @Iggly's post, lol. I could feel my confidence topple like a Jenga Tower. I WAS referring to the caravan quest. I'm fairly certain my weapon isn't even capable of killing Molten Tigrex in the guild within the time limit even if I could survive long enough

Edited on by TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Astraea

I remember fighting Molten Tigrex for the first time. I was using the Hammer and I didn't have Mind's Eye. It took everything I had to beat him. I was literally trying to beat him without potions near the end and I succeeded. I never want to do that again.

Right now I'm trying to get a Tigrex Mantle and Brute Tigrex keeps wiping out the randoms I met. His super roar hits like a train, even at 660 defense. >.>

Astraea

Hy8ogen

Anyone wants to progress G1 permit quest? I'll start playing in 2 hours.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

MisterMan

This might be a dumb question, but do buffs stack? For instance, if my armor set gives me Health +20, and Defense Up (S) and I eat a meal that gives me Health + and Defense Up (S) does that stack on top of my current skills or is the meal negated?

MisterMan

Iggly

@MisterMan Everything stacks except for Demondrugs, Armorskins, and the mega versions of the two items I just listed as those items work like the Food buffs.

Vizard18

Is there someone who still does high rank DLC quests? I'm trying to get the hero armor but the quest is pretty hard to solo .>.<; and if someone joins and we fail they usually leave the gathering hall immediatly :x.

Games
The legend of zelda OoT
Mario kart 7
Pokemon Y
Super smash bros. 4
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Monster Hunter Generations

3DS Friend Code: 1435-4094-0912 | Nintendo Network ID: Ittoryu67

TeeJay

Vizard17 wrote:

Is there someone who still does high rank DLC quests? I'm trying to get the hero armor but the quest is pretty hard to solo .>.<; and if someone joins and we fail they usually leave the gathering hall immediatly :x.

I really want that hero armor too but those monsters are too strong for me and everyone seems hesitant to do them with me

Vizard18

TeeJay wrote:

Vizard17 wrote:

I really want that hero armor too but those monsters are too strong for me and everyone seems hesitant to do them with me

Same for me >.<;, wanna give it a try?

Games
The legend of zelda OoT
Mario kart 7
Pokemon Y
Super smash bros. 4
Pokemon Omega Ruby

TeeJay

Vizard17 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Vizard17 wrote:

I wish I could but I can't right now.

Vizard18

TeeJay wrote:

Vizard17 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Vizard17 wrote:

I wish I could but I can't right now.

Ah It's okay we can do it another time maybe? ^^, I can add you to my friend list if you want c:

Games
The legend of zelda OoT
Mario kart 7
Pokemon Y
Super smash bros. 4
Pokemon Omega Ruby

Iggly

I'm pretty sure everyone doesn't like the Three Virtues quest cuz of Rajang, and maybe Kirin since super armor is stupid lol.

Vizard18

I can't seem to get past ZInogre xD, even after fighting him in story, low and high rank I can't get used to his attack pattern which make me end up slugging it out . (I mean the 2 body checks and backflip tailslap attack). xD

Games
The legend of zelda OoT
Mario kart 7
Pokemon Y
Super smash bros. 4
Pokemon Omega Ruby

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.