Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 5,926

TeeJay

ALL RIGHT I'M BACK FROM WORK AND READY TO HUNT! WHO WANTS TA DO SOME QUESTS?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

Ah man, I wish I could but I have to leave for work in like 7 minutes. Gosh darn jobs, they're such a pain

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

JaxonH wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Ah man, I wish I could but I have to leave for work in like 7 minutes. Gosh darn jobs, they're such a pain

Darn jobs! Who needs 'em?

Welp guess I'm hunting alone tonight then because I assume everyone else is about ready to sleep or sleeping.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Spoony_Tech

TeeJay wrote:

You still hunting? I usually do most of mine about now anyways.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TeeJay

Spoony_Tech wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

You still hunting? I usually do most of mine about now anyways.

Actually it's 9am here, I should have been asleep about an hour ago, sorry...you just missed it! I blazed through a few quests solo.

Iggly

@JaxonH I'll be hunting 3 hours from now since I usually don't want to interrupt a hunt by having breakfast or lunch.

Edited on by Iggly

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Question: is there a higher rate of getting plates from high rank Rathalos and Rathian? I'm in need of plates for both to level up weapons.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

@Spoony_Tech

Yus.

Also playing online gives you a higher drop rate (or atleast I think it does)

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Spoony_Tech

Amiibo wrote:

@Spoony_Tech

Yus.

Also playing online gives you a higher drop rate (or atleast I think it does)

Online or just hall quests?

MERG said:

Iggly

@Spoony_Tech Just Gathering Hall Quests, so you may want to check a site like kiranico for exact drop rates since some quests give better drop rates than others for rare items.

Spoony_Tech

Doesn't really matter atm since I'm still only rank 4 and have neither of them to fight. I need to rank up I guess first!

MERG said:

Iggly

I'll be doing non-key high rank quests, if anyone wants to join the Gathering Hall ID is 19-1814-0286-5783 and password is 4321. Though I'll just solo them if no one shows up.

MisterMan

I was thinking of crafting some Seregios weapons. Anyone else using these? The hammer looks pretty awesome. I've been using the Insect Glaive as my main weapon, but I was a little concerned that the sharpness benefit of this weapon would lose it's sharpness pretty quickly on the IG. Thoughts?

MisterMan

Iggly

@MisterMan Personally I don't use the Seregios Insect Glaive since you gotta land a lot of hits like the Dual Blades so the sharpening can feel obsolete, but it can still be really useful especially if you have the skill Razor Sharp which halves the rate of Sharpness going down.

TeeJay

I use the Seregios Glaive and it has served me quite well.

Okay so I just beat my first 10 star caravan quest, Silver Rathalos, but man, that was tough. Not because of inadequate armor or weapon, but because the thing is just so aggressive and we were confined to a single area. The only time I ever had to sharpen and heal up was when I used a flash bomb. I just barely had enough Mega Potions and Flash Bombs to get the job done. Does anyone have any advise about these kinds of quests?

Spoony_Tech

On expeditions are you suppose to use the equipment bias or is it just a recommendation? If so how do you know what original series armor you're using?

MERG said:

Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech wrote:

On expeditions are you suppose to use the equipment bias or is it just a recommendation? If so how do you know what original series armor you're using?

That just tells you what equipment you can get from the expedition.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech

Sanya wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

That just tells you what equipment you can get from the expedition.

Thanks, just making sure I didn't need to take that equipment for whatever reason.

MERG said:

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

Okay so I just beat my first 10 star caravan quest, Silver Rathalos, but man, that was tough. Not because of inadequate armor or weapon, but because the thing is just so aggressive and we were confined to a single area. The only time I ever had to sharpen and heal up was when I used a flash bomb. I just barely had enough Mega Potions and Flash Bombs to get the job done. Does anyone have any advise about these kinds of quests?

Far casters. Bring one, and 5 bomb casings and 5 exciteshrooms, and every time you use one to get back to camp, craft another.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

JaxonH wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Far casters. Bring one, and 5 bomb casings and 5 exciteshrooms, and every time you use one to get back to camp, craft another.

Thanks. I wasn't sure how to get farcasters!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.