Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 201 to 220 of 5,926

Joeynator3000

Tough to say, if you're a fan of basically nothing but long boss battles, then try the game out. I asked way back when MH3 was announced and when I heard that you basically fight boss monsters all the time I was in. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech

Sergio151 wrote:

Hey guys, can I ask a question? Do you think I will like this game? The reason why I ask this is because I can't tell if this is suited for me, and I can't trust reviews ( seeing as how some games I like are bashed by critics). These are game series that I like:
SSB
Kirby
Sonic
Mario
Mega Man
Pac Man (original and the World series)
Jak and Daxter
Street Fighter
Final Fantasy
Pokemon
There are a few other other ones but I listed the main ones. If MH4 isn't my type of game, then I understand. Thanks in advance. Hopefully there isn't a forum having to do with this kind of stuff...

It depends on if you're willing to invest time into it. It's definitely not a pick up and play game. Each weapon style is vastly different and takes getting use to. There's a lot of gathering and repeat monsters you have to farm for various items needed for crafting. I'm not trying to scare you away but this is a huge undertaking. With that said if you do invest the time this game has tons of miles behind it. It's the game that keeps on giving. You could easily get 1000 hours out of it if you so choose. There's just something about the hunt that's just so fun!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

HappyHappyist

ACT QUICK! MH3U IS OVER HALF OFF ON THE ESHOP.

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Spoony_Tech

Every time I see a new post in here I think it just might be a release date..........T_T

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

FrznTek

HappyHappyist wrote:

I couldn't resist! Now my CPP needs to get here ASAP!

FrznTek

3DS Friend Code: 2681-1877-0068

HappyHappyist

End of Year sales are great, right? Glad you were able to get the game! Remember to search online and ask around for help when you need it!

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

FrznTek

HappyHappyist wrote:

End of Year sales are great, right? Glad you were able to get the game! Remember to search online and ask around for help when you need it!

Indeed they are, and will do.

FrznTek

3DS Friend Code: 2681-1877-0068

Spoony_Tech

Do we know anything more about the online now that this has been out for a while in Japan? Or are they making changes to accommodate the west release. I'm thinking of getting my son into this and going on hunts with him and was curious if it will still support 4 players and voice.

MERG said:

Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Do we know anything more about the online now that this has been out for a while in Japan? Or are they making changes to accommodate the west release. I'm thinking of getting my son into this and going on hunts with him and was curious if it will still support 4 players and voice.

There's no reason for them to change anything, they actually said that online will be in 4U already anyways. No clue how voice works though, think it was lobby-only or whatever.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Haru17

FrznTek wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

I couldn't resist! Now my CPP needs to get here ASAP!

That's a wonder, isn't it? I got MH3U in a sale around February 2014 for $20 and have since played it for over 100 hours, even after beating Ceadeus in Tri.

I couldn't be more pumped for 4 Ultimate now, as Monster Hunter is one of my new favorite series. I'm quite excited to see all the first and second generation monsters they brought back. It's like pokemon; giant, dangerous, actually fun to battle pokemon!

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

Sergio151 wrote:

Hey guys, can I ask a question? Do you think I will like this game? The reason why I ask this is because I can't tell if this is suited for me, and I can't trust reviews ( seeing as how some games I like are bashed by critics). These are game series that I like:
SSB
Kirby
Sonic
Mario
Mega Man
Pac Man (original and the World series)
Jak and Daxter
Street Fighter
Final Fantasy
Pokemon
There are a few other other ones but I listed the main ones. If MH4 isn't my type of game, then I understand. Thanks in advance. Hopefully there isn't a forum having to do with this kind of stuff...

Monster Hunter isn't really comparable to any of those series. I mean, it's an RPG, but nothing like FF or Pokemon. It's an action RPG with high animation priority, which means that you need to learn the weapon's and monster's attack animations and time your attacks right so you can hit the beast without getting hit yourself. There are tons of weapons (melee and ranged) and monsters and the game is generally accommodating to how you wish to play. For instance I've played 3 for hundreds of hours, basically finished the game, and I never touched the online multiplayer. If you had a group of friends, or even just wanted to que up with random people it should work for you, though.

The world is sectioned off into around 10 arenas per map, in each there's a quite nice-looking natural environment where you can fight smaller monsters, catch bugs, mine, or gather herbs between giant monster battles. The giant boss battles are the meat of the game, but you can explore and grind materials to craft better gear (there are no character levels, your strength is determined by your equipped weapons and armor). You can also use consumable items in battles like bombs, traps, buffs, and health potions to a wide number of effects. Mixing and matching armor and gems to get the right stat bonuses is also a nice game in and of itself. You get more powerful by hunting big monsters and carving materials from them to use to craft better armor and weapons.

That's the main gameplay loop of Monster Hunter; fight monster, craft better stuff, fight bigger monster, etc.

I've no clue about the story. 3's story was pretty light if inoffensive, I've heard 4 has a better story, but we'll have to wait and see.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

HappyHappyist

I'm expecting the NA announcement of the New 3DS to be with the MH4U announcement. I think it only makes sense, that's what they did for both AU and JP. MH4U release date announcement should be ANY day now, most likely in the Nintendo Direct. I won't be disappointed if the New 3DS isn't announced though, I already have an XL 3ds and a CPP. I'm just expecting them to be revealed together.

Blue blue.

Spoony_Tech

HappyHappyist wrote:

I'm expecting the NA announcement of the New 3DS to be with the MH4U announcement. I think it only makes sense, that's what they did for both AU and JP. MH4U release date announcement should be ANY day now, most likely in the Nintendo Direct. I won't be disappointed if the New 3DS isn't announced though, I already have an XL 3ds and a CPP. I'm just expecting them to be revealed together.

I agree and have been saying this for a while. However Majoras Mask throws a monkey wrench into the equation if only because they may use that instead.

MERG said:

HappyHappyist

personally, I think they'd go for MH instead. Majora's Mask never had a free-moving camera whereas a game like MH would crumble to pieces without one.

Then again, Majora's Mask is nintendo's own IP, so wouldn't they prefer to show off their new game running on their new system? They could also use the second stick for a free moving camera and use that as an improvement to the original game. It's a really tough call which game they'd announce the system with.

Blue blue.

Spoony_Tech

HappyHappyist wrote:

personally, I think they'd go for MH instead. Majora's Mask never had a free-moving camera whereas a game like MH would crumble to pieces without one.

Then again, Majora's Mask is nintendo's own IP, so wouldn't they prefer to show off their new game running on their new system? They could also use the second stick for a free moving camera and use that as an improvement to the original game. It's a really tough call which game they'd announce the system with.

They've already hinted at some special feature with the New 3ds. Not sure what but it could be something simple to using Amiibo's for all we know.

MERG said:

Mercy_Lost

I get the feeling the whole questing dynamic of this game will be different to mh3u, and even more different than mhfu.
The fact that in mh4u we have 366 quests to 73 monsters (with sub-species at 37%) [5 quest per monst]
Whereas in mh3u we had 364 quests to 51 monsters (with sub-species at 43%) [7 quest per monst]
And in mhfu there were 412 quests to 58 monsters (with sub-species at 33%) [7 quest per monst]

With less quests per monster, how will the game differ? I suspect more interesting playthrough, less interesting completionist grind.

Edited on by Mercy_Lost

Mercy_Lost

MegaMari0

Was there any mention of the mh4u coming to Wii U as well. I transferred my copy of mh3u to the wii u version and haven't looked back. I love it plus looking at the monsters on a huge screen is satisfying. Really drives the point home that these monsters are MASSIVE compared to you. I'm a litter nervous to try the online component there. Though I'm already doing G rank quests solo.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

CanisWolfred

Capcom had no official plans for a Wii U release back in mid-2014. That doesn't mean it'll never happen, but I wouldn't count on it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

iKhan

@munchakoopas I'm not sure I could handle not experiencing MH3U in 3D. All the environments are absolutely stunning in 3D.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.