Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 5,926

Joeynator3000

...So, Seregios, is this resharpening thing an armor skill, or part of the weapon itself? Got his urgent as well. (though i'm getting Zinogre's armor first, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TeeJay

Sanya wrote:

...So, Seregios, is this resharpening thing an armor skill, or part of the weapon itself? Got his urgent as well. (though i'm getting Zinogre's armor first, lol)

It's part of the actual weapon. You have to dodge monster attacks by rolling with the weapon drawn. After a few rolls your weapons may sharpen itself.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Spoony_Tech

RoryLee wrote:

@Morph
I'll probably be on in a few hours so I could help you out.

Pay attention to this guy people, he's most likely further then all of is put together lol.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Jazzer94

Amiibo wrote:

MisterMan wrote:

Amiibo what rank is the Pink Rathian quest you need help with? I'm HR5 and would love to help out if I can.

It's the HR4 Urgent.

I'd help but only just turned HR4 recently and haven't made high rank armour yet (was focused on making arbitor longsword) making the quest tense (beat it twice already with friends) but the P Rathian can nearly straight one shot me.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Joeynator3000

TeeJay wrote:

Sanya wrote:

It's part of the actual weapon. You have to dodge monster attacks by rolling with the weapon drawn. After a few rolls your weapons may sharpen itself.

...Wait, so you gotta do it with the monster in the area? Bleh. TwT lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

Sanya wrote:

It doesn't do a full sharpen like a whetstone, more like, I'd say, 5 hits worth of sharpening. So every roll gets you another hit, it just banks every 5 rolls is all. But hey, you're going to be rolling and evading anyways so every little bit helps.

I got the Seregios glaive, and like all his weapons it starts with quite sharpness and has auto sharpen. Hard part is upgrading. Just so you know, you'll need a dissenter to upgrade, which is a 3% drop. So if you do buy one of his weapons, either be prepared to grind for the dissenter or buy it with the understanding that you'll only be using it until you outgrow it...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Sanya
And no, you don't have to dodge monster attacks. You just have to roll with the B button while your weapon is drawn. Which, for weapons like the glaive (weapon is usually drawn sending out Kinsect and pole vaulting anyways), hunting horn (thanks to the across-the-board fast mobility tune, the weapon is almost always drawn anyways), and dual blades (due to light weight and fast mobility, weapon is usually drawn anyways) this is a nice little bonus.

It's not a skill that I would sacrifice another skill set for, or raw damage, but seeing as it's a freebie with an already high raw damage/white sharpness weapon, I'll take it all day long.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

I got a Dissenter, but I need to use it on upgrading my Kinsect, not my Glaive. I also need a Molten Tigrex Fang+ but I don't know where to find a Molten Tigrex....

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Iggly

@TeeJay You don't battle Molten Tigrex until you reach 10 star in the Caravan, so you're going to have to wait a while.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

TeeJay

Iggly wrote:

@TeeJay You don't battle Molten Tigrex until you reach 10 star in the Caravan, so you're going to have to wait a while.

Dang it

JaxonH

@TeeJay

You're exactly where I am. 9 star quests, waiting on M Tigrex fang for Seregios glaive lol... I just beat Azure Rathalos (with a Seregios in the area, yikes!).

Hy8ogen

Upgrading my Zino LS to Boltslicer + and notice I need a Lagiacrus Saphire to upgrade it to Boltbreaker and the only way of getting this is Wyporium. Seriously this is annoying as hell man. How am I suppose to unlock this thing in the Wyporium? Please shine some light on this T_T

I really hate how some precious items can only be obtained from the wyporium.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

JaxonH

@Hy8ogen
If you go to trade materials at Wyporium, it should tell you what material you need to trade for it. Though, I should mention I'm on 9 stars and don't see any Lagia sapphire in the list. There was a quest he recently gave me, said he would get more materials to trade if I completed it, and I never did. Perhaps that's when Lagia sapphire shows up? Idk, I'm sure a Google search will probably answer that question...

Edited on by JaxonH

Eel

I'm home and ready to hunt!

If anyone is interested the hall is 48-9326-4042-3270.
Pass is 2809 as always.

Hopefully my wifi will be stable enough, it seemed kinda low while I was starting the room.

It seems today's potential menu is a purple gypceros, an emerald Congalala, a gendrome with a tetsucabra and a pink rathian to top it off.

RoryLee wrote:

Morph
I'll probably be on in a few hours so I could help you out.

@rorylee thanks! I hope you're still around.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TeeJay

@Morphmarron I'll probably show up a bit later! It's my day off so yay

Iggly

Although I won't be doing G-Rank until maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, I decided to make Gypceros G-Rank armor(except for the legs, I just made a Tetsucabra one for the sake of time) since it was easier to farm than Tetsucabra. After putting in some gems and a good talisman, the armor gives me Critical Eye +2, Negate Poison, Adrenaline +1, Marathon Runner, and Raise Hunger(meh). This armor should keep me busy until I decide to farm G-Rank Seregios.

Also would anyone want to help me finish every High Rank Quest tomorrow?(HR 4-7) I'll be hunting after lunch. (Eastern time)

JaxonH

@Iggly
Count me in. I have 400 defense right now with Narjarala armor upgraded through Hard Armor spheres plus 2 heavy armor spheres, which seems to be among the highest armor available in high rank (starts at 58 defense per piece). But I gotta be honest, I nearly got my butt handed to me by Brute Tigrex. First time I've carted since entering high rank. And I think to myself, I've still got half of 9, and all of 10-12 to get through with this armor. I just don't see it, I really don't.

So yes, count me in (taking vacation tomorrow for root canal so I'll be home around noon central time) and hopefully, along the way, I'll be able to craft something that can bridge the gap to G. What was your last high rank armor set? How high did defense start? See, I want higher defense but at the same time, I have both high-grade earplugs and Evasion +1 with my current set, which may not be worth giving up for an extra 5 defense per piece...

Iggly

@JaxonH The last armor I made was the Azure Rathalos one.(Well I suppose you can say it was the Link armor, but I haven't used it much compared to the Rath Soul armor) Its initial defense was 290, not much if you think about it but I upgraded its defense to be at least 400 so roughly the same as your Najarala armor. If you're wondering what I had before the Rath Soul armor, it was the Great Jaggi armor lol so you don't necessarily need new armor unless you want different skills.

Edit: Though if defense is a huge concern of yours, you might wanna find some Heavy Armor Spheres(Or just bring some Mega Armorskins for the tough monsters)

Edited on by Iggly

TeeJay

Looks like @Morphmarron is full. Aw

JaxonH

Whew!!! Got the offline wystones.

Which means I can now focus all my efforts on clearing 6-7 star guild quests, graduate to G-rank, make a new G starter armor set, and blaze through G1-3 to obtain the other two wystones and the Lv 2 upgrade.

I'll save the rest of the caravan for when I feel like taking a break from online, or for playing at work or something...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.