Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 5,926

Eel

I always wondered how people got to exaggerated ranks.

Does it increase naturally as you hunt, or do you literally have to do up to 999 urgent quests?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

potatomage7

I've only played 4 hours so far, and I'm already completely hooked. This is going to become a full-on addiction soon. I still don't understand everything, but what I do understand is amazing!

potatomage7

Iggly

@MorphMarron Your Hunter Rank naturally increases by doing quests, but of course you get more Hunter Rank points from hunting large monsters than doing Harvest Tours. So once you hit G-Rank, you could potentially be HR 20-90 depending on how much/what quests you have done before hitting G-Rank.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

potatomage7

MorphMarron wrote:

That's how it begins!

Just wait util you're able to play with others. It's great.

Ah... I don't think I'll be able to do that unless someone that lives near me got the game. My internet is so terrible that it makes most online games unplayable, and I don't think this will be an exception.

The game is fun enough in singleplayer though, so I don't mind.

potatomage7

potatomage7

MorphMarron wrote:

@potatonage7: This one generally works well online, so just give it a try and see for yourself.

I'll give it a try when I get better equipment, but having satellite internet murders most games. I hope it'll work, but I'm not going to get my hopes up high.

potatomage7

Spoony_Tech

potatomage7 wrote:

MorphMarron wrote:

That's how it begins!

Ah... I don't think I'll be able to do that unless someone that lives near me got the game. My internet is so terrible that it makes most online games unplayable, and I don't think this will be an exception.

What I would do is Turn off and or disable any devices connected to your WiFi and reset the router. This will give you a much better stable connection. I some times have to do this when more then one device is streaming something in my house.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

potatomage7

Spoony_Tech wrote:

potatomage7 wrote:

MorphMarron wrote:

That's how it begins!

What I would do is Turn off and or disable any devices connected to your WiFi and reset the router. This will give you a much better stable connection. I some times have to do this when more then one device is streaming something in my house.

That wouldn't help much. Having satellite internet just naturally makes it slow. It takes a while for the signal to go to the satellite in space and then bounce back here. It takes around 3/4ths of a second. So basically, I'm always 3/4ths of a second behind everyone else, and thats a big deal in a game where timing REALLY matters.

It made Smash bros completely unplayable, made me disconnect from Pokemon battles half the time, and doesn't even allow me to go to other people's towns on Animal Crossing.

And if it's cloudy, it gets twice as bad.

However, I can still hope. It might have a system that compensates for being behind, as a few other games do. I don't get much FPS lag, I'm just behind everyone.

potatomage7

Joeynator3000

...gets Kirin quest to level 31
...well that was a major waste of time. :/

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Iggly

I just tried a G Rank expedition, it's really nice getting rare materials like Power++ Nectar. Hunting the large monsters is fun too, until a Savage Deviljho crashes the party and 1 shots you every time you try to damage it. (Died 8 times trying to fight it until I gave up and went to the goal)

Eel

I'm currently in a part of the game where I can go to High Rank expeditions, but there's no big monsters to be found at all.

It's like getting free resources and treasure.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

Iggly wrote:

I just tried a G Rank expedition, it's really nice getting rare materials like Power++ Nectar. Hunting the large monsters is fun too, until a Savage Deviljho crashes the party and 1 shots you every time you try to damage it. (Died 8 times trying to fight it until I gave up and went to the goal)

So, did you complete the single player or just played Guild to get to G rank? I'm currently HR6 in the guild (as you know already) but I've been neglecting my single player for the last week or so. Started playing it again this morning and am mid way through the 8 star quests. Even after 8, that still leaves 9-12 which is quite a bit more to get through.

But I heard you get wystones if you complete the single player, and while I'm not sure what they do, I heard they're almost mandatory for G rank this time around. So I'm really torn because I want to keep up with everyone else in the Guild, but I really want those wystones, otherwise I'll get to G rank and have to hold off playing it for a month while I run through the Caravan.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Iggly

@JaxonH You have to complete both the single player and reach G-Rank in the Gathering Hall to unlock G-Rank Expeditions. The Wystones are necessary due to the Apex Monsters you hunt in G-Rank(Your weapons bounce off of them even with Mind's Eye if you don't have some), and don't worry I don't plan on doing actual G-Rank quests until I finish all of my High Rank quests in both the Caravan and Gathering Hall(Would be nice if anyone can help me with those tomorrow).

Joeynator3000

....I'm guessing high rank Garuga is also HR8. Please tell me he isn't. T.T

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Iggly

@Sanya HR8 is G-Rank unless you're talking about the Caravan. In that case, you hunt Yian Garuga in the 9 star quests.

Joeynator3000

Iggly wrote:

@Sanya HR8 is G-Rank unless you're talking about the Caravan. In that case, you hunt Yian Garuga in the 9 star quests.

Talking about Guild quests, just got Kirin to level 31 and it says you have to be at HR8. :/
Which makes no sense. T.T
EDIT: Wait, you can hunt a non-Guild Garuga?! o.o

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Keep it PG-13-ish.

LaserdiscGal

Can I get someone to help me kill a Pink Rath, I'd love to rank up but everyone seems to have no idea how to play.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Iggly

@Sanya You can hunt a Yian Garuga in the Caravan after hunting Azure Rathalos in the Caravan.(An Omen in the Skies)

TeeJay

I'm gonna try advancing my single player a bit. I already started last night, I beat Pink Rathian. The Regios Glaive is amazing btw.

I have a really dumb question. Um...when I do guild quests on my own how much tougher are the monsters? Are they still 4x as hard?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.