Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 5,926

Joeynator3000

I just unlocked the quest where you capture a Rathian in the Dunes. Wondering if I should record it or not, lol.
(because, well...you know, a certain monster decides to ruin everything in that quest, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Haru17

That feeling when you kill a monster with an aerial attack never gets old. Just too dang clutch! Monster Hunter really needs that slowmo from Far Cry 4 you get when you kill the last soldier in an outpost, but right as you kill a monster. That'd be so cool! That and the whole shareplay thing from PS4 with the background gameplay recording.

Apparently you can screenshot through miiverse on new 3DS, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Spoony_Tech

Haru17 wrote:

That feeling when you kill a monster with an aerial attack never gets old. Just too dang clutch! Monster Hunter really needs that slowmo from Far Cry 4 you get when you kill the last soldier in an outpost, but right as you kill a monster. That'd be so cool! That and the whole shareplay thing from PS4 with the background gameplay recording.

Apparently you can screenshot through miiverse on new 3DS, but I haven't figured it out yet.

I did this for the first time yesterday and my first thought was rewind and record.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

So I realize this is an MH4U thread but I had an MH3U question. When carving, do you have do be at a specific area of a monster to get a specific item or do you stay in one spot and carve until you are done? I've been trying to get a fearsome maw from a gigginox for days and days with NO luck.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Donalp15

MERG wrote:

So I realize this is an MH4U thread but I had an MH3U question. When carving, do you have do be at a specific area of a monster to get a specific item or do you stay in one spot and carve until you are done? I've been trying to get a fearsome maw from a gigginox for days and days with NO luck.

The carving area only changes its chances on the massive monsters like Jhen Mohran. The area were you carve does effect rewards.
However Fearsome Maw however is not carvable according to Kiranico. It is a rare drop from breaking the head in low rank. In High rank and G rank it is more common though.

FC 0516 7736 7877

MERG

Donalp15 wrote:

MERG wrote:

The carving area only changes its chances on the massive monsters like Jhen Mohran. The area were you carve does effect rewards.
However Fearsome Maw however is not carvable according to Kiranico. It is a rare drop from breaking the head in low rank. In High rank and G rank it is more common though.

Oh...I didn't realize it was a drop. I did break its head a few minutes ago but didn't get it. Does a drop appear as a reward or is it an item you have to pickup?

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

Donalp15 wrote:

MERG wrote:

Oh...I didn't realize it was a drop. I did break its head a few minutes ago but didn't get it. Does a drop appear as a reward or is it an item you have to pickup?

You are correct as in reward. I also quoted you yesterday in one of the Atlus topics.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Donalp15

MERG wrote:

Donalp15 wrote:

MERG wrote:

The drop rate is surprisingly low. 15% on low rank and 20% on high rank, so its a rare drop. If you get it, It will appear in the rewards screen after the hunt.

FC 0516 7736 7877

MERG

Donalp15 wrote:

The drop rate is surprisingly low. 15% on low rank and 20% on high rank, so its a rare drop. If you get it, It will appear in the rewards screen after the hunt.

Seems it should be a higher percentage in low rank!

@Tech...just commented on the Atlus post from yesterday.

Haru17

MERG wrote:

In my experience this only applies to giant monsters that you can walk on; not mount. Carving speed becomes an issue, so be sure to skip the victory cutscene, crouch, carve 4, run to the other carve spot, crouch, and try to carve the last 4 mats.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

retropunky

So dumb question, but I know I've tried several times already... how the heck do you skip the victory cutscene in mh4? I know I've tried the start and select buttons, even the touch screen but nothing.

Anyways. I'm just about getting some decent armor and weapons in the maingame, and getting the one star quests outta the way for online. So hopefully I can join you lads on some quests soon!

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

TeeJay

PKpunky wrote:

So dumb question, but I know I've tried several times already... how the heck do you skip the victory cutscene in mh4? I know I've tried the start and select buttons, even the touch screen but nothing.

I've never heard of that being possible

EDIT: I just saw @Haru17's comment. Now I'm curious

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

retropunky

TeeJay wrote:

PKpunky wrote:

I've never heard of that being possible

EDIT: I just saw @Haru17's comment. Now I'm curious

Yeah, it's possible in previous titles, at least in MHTri and MH3U, but now I'm guessing it's just the way it is for MH4?

retropunky

Spoony_Tech

PKpunky wrote:

Anyways. I'm just about getting some decent armor and weapons in the maingame, and getting the one star quests outta the way for online. So hopefully I can join you lads on some quests soon!

Touch screen upper right. There's a skip button.

MERG said:

Joeynator3000

I'm lost, victory cutscene? Are you talking about the original MH4? Or 4 Ultimate? (the expansion)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech

Sanya wrote:

I'm lost, victory cutscene? Are you talking about the original MH4? Or 4 Ultimate? (the expansion)

I'm assuming once you defeat the monster.

MERG said:

nacho_chicken

Donalp15 wrote:

15/20% is not a rare drop. Especially if you're talking about the rewards screen. For reference, in the 5* Caravan Rathalos quest in MH4U, the chances of any primary slot being a Rathalos Scale is 24%.
The percentages given for drop rates in the rewards is per slot. Normally, you get like 10-15 items from the rewards screen. Given that breaking the head of a LR Gigginox gives you a 15% chance to get a Fearsome Maw ~10 times, it's not rare at all.

@PKpunky
You're referring to the scene of a monster dying/being captured? I've always just pushed the "Skip" button on the touch screen. Worked every time.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

retropunky

@Sanya - I meant MH4U... and the cutscene when you defeat a creature and the epic music comes on while the creature is going down?

but thank you very much @Spoony_Tech

Really don't know how I missed that if it was on the touch screen.

Edited on by retropunky

retropunky

Spoony_Tech

PKpunky wrote:

@Sanya - I meant MH4U... and the cutscene whenyou defeat a creature and the epid music comes on while the creature is going down?

but thank you very much @Spoony_Tech

Really don't know how I missed that if it was on the touch screen.

It doesn't appear till after you defeat the monster so don't go looking for it till then.

MERG said:

LaserdiscGal

Hey I'm pretty much broke, anyone wanna do some HR4 quests to rank up and cash up?

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.