Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 5,926

Spoony_Tech

MorphMarron wrote:

We could hunt some great jaggies later if you want. I kinda need to compete the set too.

I'm currently doing that just to get a set in high rank. I need 2 more armor pieces and I'm set. One more run should do it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

Wow just who at Capcom had the great idea that they should introduce the Tigrex to the single player mode with the infection?

As if normal Tigrex wasn't enough of a problem.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

Well people kept complaining that Monster Hunter recently was way too easy...so, Frenzy Tigrex. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

I hate getting combo'd in general, pretty much what happened to me with Pink Rathian. Always ends with that freakin tail flip. T.T

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Spoony_Tech

I got my high rank Great Jaggi armor. Took 2 more low rank quests to get it though. I hate when they require low rank stuff but at least it's easy to get. I wrecked a G Jaggi in like 30 seconds lol.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

Oh wow my fight with the shagalu Magala ended in the most anti-climatic way possible.

He killed me once, then when I went back and it all looked epic... He died with the first hit.

No kidding, I went in, hit him and it ended.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Xenjamin

Does anybody in here know if Silver Rathalos can drop Rathalos Wing? If not, is it only highrank/g-rank Rathalos that can drop it (i think low doesnt, but please update me.) Please do quote or use "@Xenjamin" so i get updated when someone answers me, thanks!

3DS Friend Code: 0061-1555-0735
Nintendo Network ID: direth1105

Jazzer94

Anyone up for some hunting? though it'd be hr2 stuff.....

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Donalp15

Xenjamin wrote:

Does anybody in here know if Silver Rathalos can drop Rathalos Wing? If not, is it only highrank/g-rank Rathalos that can drop it (i think low doesnt, but please update me.) Please do quote or use "@Xenjamin" so i get updated when someone answers me, thanks!

It is only found at high rank and up. Silver Rathalos does have a chance to drop it, but High Rank regular Rathalos has the best chance.

FC 0516 7736 7877

Spoony_Tech

I'm having a heck of a time still with low rank Rathalos then alone high rank. I don't know what it is about him but he likes me a little too much. He's seems to be even more hyper then before.

MERG said:

Xenjamin

Hey thanks man! @Donalp15
Now the only issue is, ive got no high rank quest for a regular los, not in caravan OR gathering hall. Only seems to appear in a quest in the GH where its an A.los and a regular los....

Edit: if you can tell me that there is in fact a high rank quest for regular los do tell me!

Edited on by Xenjamin

3DS Friend Code: 0061-1555-0735
Nintendo Network ID: direth1105

Joeynator3000

Gonna go eat, might go online for a bit. Need to find more armor and upgrade my weapons anyways, lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

Konda wrote:

I haven't played much Monster Hunter before 4U. What kind of activated skills would you like to have from the armor sets you might forge? Since I don't understand it, I have been mainly using armors with either increasing health, Elemental attacks or defense. But since you also could eat meals to increase your health, you don't necessarily have to have an armor set with increasing health. Any suggestions?

So me personally, I prefer to not waste an armor skill on health when I can eat for health. Although, if you do have health as a permanent skill, you can eat for other skills like Explorer to start off in hidden areas with tons of shining charms, high level armor spheres, super rare ore and super rare bugs, just to name one example. One good thing about health as an armor skill though is it stays even if you cart. Food skills wear off after carting once, so I always bring max potions (ancient potions and mega nutrients will work as well) to max out my life bar after carting.

Now, I do happen to have health +20 as a skill currently, but only because I needed high rank armor and Tetsu was easy to make. It's definitely not the worst skill to have.

But the heavy hitters that you want are skills like Earplugs, Sheathing, Evasion and Evade Distance, Attack Up Lg, Sharpness+1 and Awakening. These are some of the absolute best skills the game has to offer (of course opinions will vary, but most of these will top the majority of every hunter's list). Defense Up Lg can also be very beneficial, and a few personal faves of mine that are more common to obtain are speed sharpening, capture guru and charmer. There's even skills that increase the chances of getting more rewards at the end of a quest. I used to have a special armor set just for farming rare items and mining charms, and a separate armor set just for gathering, separate set for capturing, etc.

Best thing to do is research what each skill does and go after skills you think you would like. Me, I love Evasion and Evade distance, sharpening+1 and earplugs. Those 4 skills are all I want, and my goal is to ultimately obtain an armor set with all of them like I had back in MH3U,

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

Jazzer94 wrote:

Playing with ransoms can be so irritating.

Took me a min to figure out the mistype.

MERG said:

Eel

I did the last mission for the egg mafia, that was tense.

I was expecting the Rathalos but then out of nowhere there was also a a rathian and both were frenzied and things got very very scary.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Jazzer94

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Curse you auto correct, leaving because it made me chuckle.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Spoony_Tech

Jazzer94 wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Curse you auto correct, leaving because it made me chuckle.

I honestly thought for a minute or two I was missing something new about the game. I was going to ask what's this ransoms you're talking about. After all there always seems to be something I learn from this game almost daily. It's the game that keeps on giving.

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.