Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 5,926

Konda

Ohh.. another question:
I'm using the switch axe as my main weapon, already since monster hunter tri for wii, which I master kinda good. Now I'm considering to learn new weapons to have as an alternative choice, since the switch axe might get a bit clumbsy and also hard to reach on some monsters, on those that are flying or perhaps climbing on the roof. I had problems beating the elephant/bat-like monster (can't remember the name kecha wacha something) with the switch axe (almost used all of my potion and mega potions before beating it).
Which alternative weapons do you guys suggest to me? I love weapons with high damage rate, the slowness doesn't bother me since I like the fact getting skilled with a hard-using weapon. The long-reaching kinda misses me with the switch axe, but important is that the new weapon also causes a lot of damage.

Konda

Haru17

Another of the misleading names in monster hunter: the combo book is for combining items, not for weapon combos (those are all unlocked from the get go). You put the combo books in your storage chest and they will increase the combination success rate for items like the mega potion, shock trap, etc.

And I think the long sword is a nice weapon, similar to the switch axe. You can look up a turorial video for it, but the gist is that your R slashes do a combo that, if its final strike meets flesh, will increase your attack. The levels are normal, white, yellow, and red. Staying in yellow and ideally red is hard, but your damage will really increase as a result.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Spoony_Tech

Konda wrote:

How do I use the books of combos? I bought the first one. Now in my normal item menu it just suggest me to swap or discard it. I would ofcourse like to raise my combo rate and see more combination options.

I got another offtopic question, where I need help to get answered (In other topics and posts I already asked but I guess they are too old for people to read and follow):

How come the new 3ds xl has 28000 blocks with it's 4gb micro sdhc card and the 2ds which i also own just has 15000 blocks, which also has a storage capacity of 4gb in it's included sdhc card?

I got the games Zelda: link between worlds and monster hunter 3 ultimate through the nintendo club winter promotion and I already got new super mario bros 2 pre-installed 2ds bundle. I used to have zelda and monster hunter 3 on 2 separate 2 ds's. Now I have traded in one of my 2ds's to a new 3ds xl at gamestop. I have now realized that the new 3ds xl has more free blocks than my old 2 ds, although both got 4 gb capacity. Will all those 3 games fit on my new 3ds xl on it's 4 gb micro sdhc card? I want to avoid upgrading to a bigger card if it's possible. Else I will keep having those 3 games on my 2ds download account although I can't have them all at the same time downloaded. Thanks in advance!

Those games should fit on the New3ds without too much problems. MH3U is the biggest at just over 14,000 and the other 2 are nowhere near that big. However you could upgrade to an 8gb for like 5$ so it's not that big of a deal. Even 16gb is like less then 10$ online.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Hah, the long sword is even more fun to use now that it looks like a lightsaber half of the time.

When do people on here play online?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

Hah, the long sword is even more fun to use now that it looks like a lightsaber half of the time.

When do people on here play online?

I play all time during the day Monday thru Friday. Weekends not so much. I'd be playing now if the kids would just have school every once in a while lol.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Iggly

Konda wrote:

Ohh.. another question:
I'm using the switch axe as my main weapon, already since monster hunter tri for wii, which I master kinda good. Now I'm considering to learn new weapons to have as an alternative choice, since the switch axe might get a bit clumbsy and also hard to reach on some monsters, on those that are flying or perhaps climbing on the roof. I had problems beating the elephant/bat-like monster (can't remember the name kecha wacha something) with the switch axe (almost used all of my potion and mega potions before beating it).
Which alternative weapons do you guys suggest to me? I love weapons with high damage rate, the slowness doesn't bother me since I like the fact getting skilled with a hard-using weapon. The long-reaching kinda misses me with the switch axe, but important is that the new weapon also causes a lot of damage.

If you like using weapons with high damage rate, I suggest you try using the Great Sword since it deals massive damage. Though the weapon is pretty slow, but that shouldn't be much of a problem. It can also block if you can't dodge quick enough. You can try the Charge Blade as well since it's similar to the Switch Axe.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Bazooka

Yian kut ku got really beefed up in the arena.

Bazooka

Bazooka

Great sword,hammer and hunting horn offer the highest raw damage of all the weapons,with hammer being the easiest to use of the three.

Bazooka

stu4488

Will be online 8.30ish uk time tonight just got the urgent nerscylla quest if anyone wants to help out then I will check here and post a code!
And...
Just made kecha wacha armour don't no if that was wise but hey ho bored of Jaggi lol

Edited on by stu4488

stu4488

MrGameluvr

Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? Well I hope! I have another question......

I just unlocked the Wyporium (I believe that is its name) and I am interested in crafting some Ludroth armor since I am apparently heading to a place known for lava but I am confused about elemental resistances.....

For example, my Velociprey armor has Ice Res -10 and Dragon Res 10. That means I am weak to ice and strong against dragons, correct? So would Ludroth armor have good fire resistance?

Happy hunting!

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.
Nintendo Network ID: MrGameluvr92

Donalp15

MrGameluvr wrote:

Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? Well I hope! I have another question......

I just unlocked the Wyporium (I believe that is its name) and I am interested in crafting some Ludroth armor since I am apparently heading to a place known for lava but I am confused about elemental resistances.....
For example, my Velociprey armor has Ice Res -10 and Dragon Res 10. That means I am weak to ice and strong against dragons, correct? So would Ludroth armor have good fire resistance?

Happy hunting!

You are correct about the Velociprey armour, it is weak to Ice but strong to Dragon. However you are wrong about Ludroth, fire is its main weakness.

FC 0516 7736 7877

MrGameluvr

Donalp15 wrote:

MrGameluvr wrote:

Happy hunting!

You are correct about the Velociprey armour, it is weak to Ice but strong to Dragon. However you are wrong about Ludroth, fire is its main weakness.

???

But I thought the Ludroth was an aquatic based monster...how does that work?

Joeynator3000

Video game logic. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech

MrGameluvr wrote:

Donalp15 wrote:

MrGameluvr wrote:

Happy hunting!

???

But I thought the Ludroth was an aquatic based monster...how does that work?

If you seen the armor it looks like a bloody fur coat that's highly flammable.

MERG said:

MERG

@Spoony_Tech...if you can think back far enough (I know its hard at your age) I have a MH3U question.

Does resource items etc. found in online mode carry to offline mode? I never played online but since I'm getting back into MH3U I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

MrGameluvr

Oh well, I guess I'll stick with my Velociprey armor for now. Thanks for the info everyone!

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

@Spoony_Tech...if you can think back far enough (I know its hard at your age) I have a MH3U question.

Does resource items etc. found in online mode carry to offline mode? I never played online but since I'm getting back into MH3U I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Well sonny my mind doesn't work quite like it use to like you said thar. If I reckon I'd say yes. Why yes it does!

Quick question, do you have space on your 3ds to dl it if you have the chance? It's a 21,000 block dl.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

MERG

Spoony_Tech wrote:

MERG wrote:

Well sonny my mind doesn't work quite like it use to like you said thar. If I reckon I'd say yes. Why yes it does!

Quick question, do you have space on your 3ds to dl it if you have the chance? It's a 21,000 block dl.

I have 26k blocks...$0 dollars.

Edited on by MERG

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

MERG wrote:

Would you like to own the game? I might be able to arrange that if you like!

And don't call me old as many times as you fail to quote someone.

MERG said:

MERG

Spoony_Tech wrote:

MERG wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

MERG wrote:

Would you like to own the game? I might be able to arrange that if you like!

And don't call me old as many times as you fail to quote someone.

I didn't say I wasn't old. You're just about right there with me.

I really want the game (but I'm not one to really accept charity).

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.