Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 5,926

MERG

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Well since I'm still at the very beginning everyone's way ahead of me. I haven't even reached town yet.

Well, I 'm flat broke. No new system or MH4 for many many months.Everyone here will be done before I get started! I guess I'll just fire up MH3U on my 3DS.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

TeeJay

Dammit I just realized MM drew me in again DX

Been playing it for the last hour. STAHP ME.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

I just beat the Tetsucabra. Anybody want to hunt online?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

nacho_chicken

stu4488 wrote:

is there a recommended set of armour after the jaggi set or should I just pick what looks cool? and where is the screen that shows what my current set gives me stat wise or isn't there one? wouldn't want to downgrade as it were from the jaggi set

still haven't fainted and just beat the big rock monster in the expedition section

You can check your stats by going into the menu and selecting "Status". It'll also tell you your armor skills. Also, when seeking out armor, don't solely rely on the defense rating. In MH, the importance of armor stats is like so:
Elemental defense < Defense < Skills < How it looks
Obviously joking with that last one, but the rest holds true. Elemental defense is malleable. Eating foods that give fire resistance can make an armor set go from -40 Fire Res to 3 Fire res. You shouldn't pick one set over another due to element.
You obviously want more defense, but in the end it's only a buffer to keep you from dying in one hit while making you get good at dodging. Skills are by far the most important thing on armor. You could wear low-rank Nargacuga armor and do better than wearing G-rank Gore Magala armor solely because Nargacuga armor gives you Evasion up.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

TeeJay

...nobody?

Please don't make me beg. I look ugly when I beg

Undead_terror

Man...the egg missions are harder in this, I never had a problem before, it was simply just avoid the monsters, now if you run too much your egg will break or it breaks randomly...

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Eel

It was always like that, there are some food skills to help with that.

@TeeJay: I would, but right now I cant, sorry.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

Undead_terror wrote:

Oh well then, never happened to me before.

Nor me.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ZB42

Undead_terror wrote:

Oh well then, never happened to me before.

That happened to me, too!! The quest ended up being twice as long as it should have been. Getting the transporter skill might be necessary. I wasn't about to spend time on the subquest.

NNID: Z.Beeblebrox

TeeJay

I never noticed a difference carrying eggs. If anything, we can probably drop from higher up without dropping them due to the new verticality aspect.

MisterMan

Hey all, I'd love to get in on some hunts too. This is my first MH game and I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I'm almost done with the 3 star quests. So let me know if you don't mind a beginner hunting along with you.

MisterMan

TeeJay

@nacho_chicken HR1 is High Rank, right? Isn't that way ahead of me? I haven't done any Guild Quests yet. If you still want to hunt we totally can though.

MisterMan wrote:

Hey all, I'd love to get in on some hunts too. This is my first MH game and I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I'm almost done with the 3 star quests. So let me know if you don't mind a beginner hunting along with you.

We've made about the same progress, then. I don't mind

Wouwter

TeeJay wrote:

@nacho_chicken HR1 is High Rank, right? Isn't that way ahead of me? I haven't done any Guild Quests yet. If you still want to hunt we totally can though.

MisterMan wrote:

We've made about the same progress, then. I don't mind

HR1 just means Hunter Rank 1, it's not high rank, just the first rank. You're probably HR1 too.

Forum Signature

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.