Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3DS

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,519

Aviator

zezhyrule wrote:

I agree navi. You know what else matters a whole lot? Control. You know what wouldn't work with the 3DS's controls? MH.

And although people say it has the same amount of buttons and what not as a PSP, they are correct, but the PSP doesn't cause constant hand cramps like the 3DS does. They buttons are more spread apart and are more comfortable in the hands.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

zezhyrule

And there's no way on earth the PSP's tried and true 'claw' method of camera control could work on the 3DS either.

And yes, the PSP is lots more comfortable. Squared design = fail.

I think everyone was so happy that ninty was finally putting analog control on their portable that they forgot it was 5yr old technology, and that the Vita already surpassed it with its dual analog sticks.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Aviator

zezhyrule wrote:

And there's no way on earth the PSP's tried and true 'claw' method of camera control could work on the 3DS either.

And yes, the PSP is lots more comfortable. Squared design = fail.

I think everyone was so happy that ninty was finally putting analog control on their portable that they forgot it was 5yr old technology, and that the Vita already surpassed it with its dual analog sticks.

Inverted claw.

It's a step in the right direction for Nintendo, but they need to pick up their game really. Now that Vita is dropping the single analogue the PSP had, MH will be awkward without a stick for controlling the camera.

in before the touch screen stuff.. Touch screen would not work. You need one hand for controlling your character and pressing the L button, and another hand for A,B,X,Y and R (and you should also have camera in there too). Unless you have a third hand, it cannot work with single analogue.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Chris720

How about using the L and R buttons to move the camera left and right? You won't be able to go up and down, but who uses the camera to move it up and down anyway? I've never once found the need to do that in MH3.

You can use A to roll/dodge, X to attack/unsheath, B to run (while moving forward) and change stance (while standing still) and Y to run around your inventory tab. Select for the menu so you can roam around your inventory, stats etc. and Start for well... anything I suppose.

Yeah, it doesn't have enough buttons... The D-pad would be good to use, but it's main problem is, it's right under the circle pad, you could use it for the camera but you'd have to stop, fix the camera and then move on again which is just not practical in MH.

The A, B, X and Y buttons can be for various actions, obviously. R for running/sprinting and L for recentering the camera behind you.

Still not enough buttons...

I think you have a point here...

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Aviator

xDemon720x wrote:

PSP has the same amount of buttons

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

zezhyrule

xDemon720x wrote:

How about using the L and R buttons to move the camera left and right? You won't be able to go up and down, but who uses the camera to move it up and down anyway? I've never once found the need to do that in MH3.

for your first point, no. L is used for changing items and bow/gun ammo. R is for running and blocking/special weapon attack/aiming. for second point, I move the camera up and down all the time, ever fought gigginox or even agna sometimes? or how about have you ever once used a bow/gun in your life?

You can use A to roll/dodge, X to attack/unsheath, B to run (while moving forward) and change stance (while standing still) and Y to run around your inventory tab. Select for the menu so you can roam around your inventory, stats etc. and Start for well... anything I suppose.

You just want to change everything that MH is don't you? All the weapons require three different buttons for use. change stance? wha? and with that you can't change through bowgun ammo. start is menu, not select. there are so many things wrong with that idea s all the buttons are multitaskers in MH anyway.

Yeah, it doesn't have enough buttons... The D-pad would be good to use, but it's main problem is, it's right under the circle pad, you could use it for the camera but you'd have to stop, fix the camera and then move on again which is just not practical in MH.

You are 100% correct sir. But wait, what's that? All the buttons required for MH on the PSP, the 3DS has! The problem? The pic I posted above.

The A, B, X and Y buttons can be for various actions, obviously. R for running/sprinting and L for recentering the camera behind you.

That'd be about how many noobs controlled the PSP games, before they learned of the claw.

:3

Edit: I wrote this at 5am after staying up all night, so dont' hate on mah poor grammar and such, but the point I'm trying to make is that the only reason I don't want MH3DS? there's no way you could control the game.

inb4 more touchscreen crap

Edited on by zezhyrule

BenAV

How about using the touch screen as a second analogue stick... just swiping it with your right thumb to move the camera around?
I don't know if it'd really work too well, just adding a suggestion.

Not really sure what they could do to solve the control problems, but if they're really planning on bringing a MH game to the 3DS then they must have something planned.
We shall all just have to wait and see.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

zezhyrule

No one is planning on bringing any MH to the 3DS, someone's mother created the rumor on a random fansite and lots of people starting acting like it was coming for sure.

Aviator

BenAV wrote:

How about using the touch screen as a second analogue stick... just swiping it with your right thumb to move the camera around?
I don't know if it'd really work too well, just adding a suggestion.

I would assume that you haven't played MH. While this would all be fine and dandy in gathering quests, it cannot work in the heat of the battle.
Plus the 3DS touch screen isn't designed for finer swipes.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Chris720

RE: Mercenaries and Revelations uses the touchscreen for the camera, but it's unresponsive and annoying as hell to use.

@Aviator Maybe so, but they're in better locations...

@Zez You just want to change everything that MH is don't you? All the weapons require three different buttons for use. change stance? wha? and with that you can't change through bowgun ammo. start is menu, not select. there are so many things wrong with that idea s all the buttons are multitaskers in MH anyway.

You've never crouched before? Y'know get lower down to the ground and shuffle your arse around the map so monsters don't spot you as easily/quickly.

Does it really matter where the actions for each button are located, as long as they're somewhere and easy to use.

Dude, MH's controls aren't set in stone, Capcom can change them whenever they feel like it. For example, the 3DS will need a new control layout for MH to work properly because the controls the PSP, Wii and PS3 have just won't suffice for the 3DS.

All the buttons in MH are multitaskers sure, the problem with this, however, is it can get very over-complicated with this button doing 3 different things, this button doing 2 different things and this other button doing 6 other things.

No one is planning on bringing any MH to the 3DS
How the hell do you know someone isn't planning an MH game for the 3DS? For all we know... well we know nothing so we can't even speculate.

Also, if you don't want MH for 3DS why are you commenting in a topic about MH FOR 3DS? Your logic is baffling.

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

Aviator

xDemon720x wrote:

Also, if you don't want MH for 3DS why are you commenting in a topic about MH FOR 3DS? Your logic is baffling.

Because Zez understands that the way for Monster Hunter as a franchise to move forward is to get rid of the days of single analogue controls. He isn't looking at it solely for the fact that people here are talking about it going to a Nintendo system, he is looking for the next game to be beneficial to Monster Hunter, not Nintendo.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Chris720

Aviator wrote:

xDemon720x wrote:

Because Zez understands that the way for Monster Hunter as a franchise to move forward is to get rid of the days of single analogue controls. He isn't looking at it solely for the fact that people here are talking about it going to a Nintendo system, he is looking for the next game to be beneficial to Monster Hunter, not Nintendo.

Touche... however Monster Hunter is more adapted to the home console area personally. For one they have chunkier controllers, easier to access buttons and control sticks and you don't have to be constantly looking down at a tiny screen.

Handhelds just aren't good enough to accomodate something like that while still being pocket-sized. Yes, the PSP managed it but it only had one analog control pad/stick/whatever just like the 3DS. MH could work on the 3DS if Capcom messed around with the controls to find something comfortable. MH should work on the Vita because it has dual analog control pads/sticks/whatevers, but dismissing an MH entry for the 3DS is just wrong as it is.

Granted dual analog IS better for this type of game though, but there is no way of knowing how MH could possibly run on the 3DS, we don't even know what Capcom can do with it to make it more accesible to play... so before we start shooting a MH3DS idea down it's better to just wait and see what happens.

This bickering has gone on for far too long as it is.

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

zezhyrule

More adapted for home consoles? There are more PSP MHs than home console, they're all bigger in content, they've each sold more...

Aviator

xDemon720x wrote:

Touche... however Monster Hunter is more adapted to the home console area personally. For one they have chunkier controllers, easier to access buttons and control sticks and you don't have to be constantly looking down at a tiny screen.

Handhelds just aren't good enough to accomodate something like that while still being pocket-sized.

Pretty sure that the PSP versions of the game have outsold the console versions of the game.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Chris720

When in the hell did I bring up the sales charts of MH on PSP against the home consoles?! Please tell me, because I sure missed it. Also learn to read this part: For one they (home consoles) have chunkier controllers, easier to access buttons and control sticks and you don't have to be constantly looking down at a tiny screen (PSP)

PSP is good for MH, sure. But I'd rather have it on a home console.

I am just saying I (I, personally feel this way, you don't have to, but I do) find MH is more suited to the home console market compared to the handheld market, I cannot get it any simpler than that! God you guys are really starting to p*** me off.

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

Aviator

So your allowed to have an opinion, but others aren't.

xDemon720x wrote:

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Bankai

Demon. Here's a word of advice for you, since this is about the 5th time I've seen this happen, and you get pissed off about it every single time:

Stop being so definitive with your statements. It's not anyone else's fault but the author if his/ her statement is misunderstood, or illicits a negative response to. Stuff like

Handhelds just aren't good enough to accomodate something like that while still being pocket-sized.

Might well be your personal opinion, but you've phrased it as an unqualified, objective statement.

It's abrasive and yes, people will react defensively. It's up to you to change your tune, not for everyone else to just start dealing with your manners.

Edited on by Bankai

Chris720

Aviator wrote:

So your allowed to have an opinion, but others aren't.

When did I say that exactly?! Everyones entitled to their own opinion, but as soon as I come up with my own opinion you guys seems to just jump on to my back and give me a beating and say that THIS is how you should think. That is what is annoying me at the moment.

@WaltzElf If you read on, I said quite clearly that the PSP managed it perfectly fine, but I don't find handhelds are very good for MH because of lesser buttons and control sticks compared to a home consoles constoller. I think that is the part you guys misunderstood.

YouTube

theblackdragon

xDemon720x wrote:

God you guys are really starting to p*** me off.

If you're getting this worked up, Demon, take a step back and try another topic for a while. Blowing up over a simple misunderstanding, it's not worth it

That said, the problem seems to be that you felt everything that came after 'personally' was an opinion, when it doesn't read that way at all. It was a misunderstanding. If you'd take the time to quit kneejerking over it and just edit the original post to make it sound more like your personal opinion and less like a definitive statement, your blood pressure would probably drop quite a few points. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.