Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3DS

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,519

komicturtle

Still some hope.

--Since some years ago, we've seen Capcom trying to make a glorious comeback to Nintendo. Capcom has long sticked to Sony since the release of PS One, and made many great games for Sony's PS2, but for reasons Capcom hasn't clarified yet, the company is slowly turning its back to Son and developing more stuff for both Microsoft and Nintendo... some people said it's due to how Capcom's budget lowered in the past few years, and making games for Sony consloes is each time a harder step in the sawmp, others say it's due to an arument Sony and Capcom had, where Sony wanted to buy Capcom¿s rights over Monster Hunter so it never touched a not-sony console... Capcom rejected the deal but Sony insisted, thus, Capcom raged and took MHFrontier to Sony's enemy, Microsoft, and speculations sugest Capcom since then decided not to make a MH game for Sony's PS3...

Famitsu and TG Bus released an article on March 11th where they said Capcom would reveal its new Monster Hunter proyect during an event which was cancelled because of the earthquake. Rumors said we would have a sneak peak of said game during MH Festa (which was cancelled as well)

During this year's "Captivate" event, celebrated in Japan on April 6th, Ryozo Tsujimoto talked about Monster Hunter and Nintendo 3DS. His words about it were "We belive the launching of Nintendo 3DS is an amazing opportunity to bring out a Monster Hunter", when they asked him if it wuld be a new MH game, he said "We are not yet thining of a new Monster Hunter, but our plans are releasng Monster Hunter Portable 3rd for the 3DS, this might be the way America will be able to play an english release". They asked Tsujimoto for more, but he said "This is more a possibility than an express proyect".

An event in Ansterdam will be held on April 17th, and they expect Ryozo's participation, rumors say he will be giving more details on the new game.-----

Capcom Fan posted it on the other board. Not sure where he got it from exactly.

Oh, and that worm like creature in that picture is related to Dragon's Dogma. Sweet looking game that's coming early 2012.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

retired_account

Source would be nice, yeah. P3rd is what I want anyway, so that's good news for me if it's for realz.

Also Dragon's Dogma makes me want a 360, haha.

retired_account

6ch6ris6

sauce or gtfo

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

retired_account

^ I've been googling and it looks like that's a translation from Gemaga magazine, komic. Looks like the quote originated on the GameSpot forums.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

komicturtle

@zez

Because it's America. We can choose to want a 360 over a PS3.

And thanks for finding the source. Hope it's legit.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

retired_account

lol, I'd rather have a 360 because M$ is more indie friendly. And Sony pisses me off a lot.
though a PS3 would be nice for PS1 classics... Meh, not like I'm going to get one soon anyway.

retired_account

retired_account

lol, debatable, but that's a whole 'nother topic. :3

Just give me MHP3D and I'll be happy.

retired_account

Xkhaoz

Wait, Capcom forgot to announce it? Great, now we'll just have to wait even longer.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

triforceofcourage

So what about the thing about someone saying it was going to be announced a month ago but was postponed by the earthquake? Was that a lie? Or do we have to wait until E3?

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

zezhyrule

@ToC: Rumor.

@X: I'm pretty sure they didn't just forget, they would have everything ready and stuff if they were to announce it.
and yes I know you were being sarcastic

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Joeynator3000

hits head against desk No more rumors! T_T
Say something already, Capcom! >_>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Arcanum

Just hearing all of this is making me kinda.......nervous?

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

JayArr

@zez- Your last 10 post have been yelling Sony or just spitting on the whole MH3DS concept. Movemodo is that way ----->

....or is you just bitter you don't have a 3DS yet? Either way pretty sure this isn't the thread for you.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Highwinter

zezhyrule wrote:

and the next MH is more likely to be on the PS3... :3

I seriously doubt it. The whole reason we haven't seen it done so far is because of how expensive it would be to develop, that's why they've kept the series mostly restricted to handhelds (the Wii version wasn't a huge improvement graphically and the PC games are made for very low spec systems). I'm pretty sure we'll see Freedom 3 released over here as a digital download for the NGP but I still wouldn't rule out a 3DS port.. After that, who knows.

If the next game is for the PS3, I can guarantee you that it will also be on the 360.

Highwinter

Aviator

If it was on a PS3 though...

heaven.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Joeynator3000

Yeah you gotta wonder what it would look like if it stayed on the PS3. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

retired_account

^ It'd probably have looked "bad" by PS3 standards and wouldn't have done very well with the critics. Looks like Capcom's money is going into the new Dragon's Dogma game, so I definitely wouldn't count on Capcom releasing an HD Monster Hunter to compete with that. Maybe Frontier. A new HD generation though? Probably at the very end of 2012 or spring 2013, if it comes at all.

Capcom likes to put MH on the consoles that are cheapest to develop for, which is why it's on the PSP and Wii. When the NGP arrives the 3DS will be the cheapest to dev for, so I really think that'll become the new MH console. Japan would be all over a MH with StreetPass and stuff, haha.

I've said it before, but if Nintendo's smart they'll give Capcom some money to get MH on the 3DS. The franchise sells systems in Japan. In Japan it'd need to be more than a Portable 3rd port though, because the PSP version has already sold like 5m units over there.

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.