Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3DS

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,519

zezhyrule

Yay for rumors.

I was gonna mention that in the video the weapons seem to get bigger when they're fully charged, I guess that's easier than little flashes.
oh and awesome shadows

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Joeynator3000

Still a reasonable release date though, even if it isn't real, lol. I think they just made the weapons change shape when charged just for cool looks, you know...like Jho's GS.
Speaking of Jho...is he gonna be like...some subspecies or, just some special download quest or whatever.
I wanted to say subspecies since that trailer was showing a lot of them in general.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Chrono_Cross

zezhyrule wrote:

lol 'HUB' world

Yep, there's one new monster. And lots of subspecies.

I dont know what to call it. The town?

And one new monster? I'm guessing the rest are just being transferred from other Monster Hunters?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

zezhyrule

Yeah, just the name of the town works.

And yes, you're correct. So for all of us who've played past MH games see nothing new.
except that weird purple/green guy thing o.o

Joeynator3000

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

lol 'HUB' world

Yep, there's one new monster. And lots of subspecies.

I dont know what to call it. The town?

And one new monster? I'm guessing the rest are just being transferred from other Monster Hunters?

Well he means actual new monsters like Burakio-whatshisface. The new subspecies are just...well, old monsters with new tricks up their sleeves. Not entirely new...

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Chrono_Cross

I'm just hoping from now until then, Capcom can get online in the mix. I'm so eager. >.<

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Arcanum

Oh LoL! I just really had to leave so I just pressed post and didn't even check.

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

Joeynator3000

Isn't it about time for that weekly japanese magazine thing to kick in? I want new info! xD

Keep it PG-13-ish.

zezhyrule

For all you complainers about MHTriG having no online~

Wes wrote:

NO PORTABLE MONSTER HUNTER GAME

EVER

HAS HAD BUILT IN ONLINE PLAY

Freedom -NO

Freedom 2 -NO

Freedom Unite -NO

MonHun Nikki -NO

MonHun NikkiG -NO

Dynamic Hunting -NO

The game is custom designed for the japanese market which outsells the ENTIRE western market by normally DOUBLE if not more.

The Japanese market DOES NOT NEED/WANT Online play for their PORTABLE Monster Hunter games, THEREFORE, CAPCOM does not waste money adding an uneccessary feature for the game.

YOU'RE EXPECTING online play for a game getting released in Japan, catering to the japanese gamer, not even rumored for Western localization is the issue here.

The 3DS is a portable system capable of online, just like the previous portable system Monster Hunter was released on, the PSP

NO EVIDENCE supported the theory that TriG would have online play AT ALL. All official information stated clearly there was local wireless and online download quests, NEVER any mention of online multiplayer.

You all should be ashamed, expecting something that shouldn't be expected, just because 'MHT had online'.
/goes to cry in corner ;__;

JayArr

......and that is why portable Monster Hunter is inferior.

I have zero hype for this game because of the lack of on-line. When you play with others you get a rush of adreniline when you are on the edge of death because you don't want to let your team down. You get to cheer and share the excitement of victory. It just adds a huge amount of depth to the fun and drama.

Playing by yourself feels so hollow and boring compaired to playing with friends. I have never met anyone IRL that plays Monster Hunter. Local Multi is next to worthless in America. We are not a small country with a compact population like Japan where meet-ups would be easily accessible and common. Could be why Monster Hunter has never really caught on over here.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

bonesy91

JayArr wrote:

......and that is why portable Monster Hunter is inferior.

I have zero hype for this game because of the lack of on-line. When you play with others you get a rush of adreniline when you are on the edge of death because you don't want to let your team down. You get to cheer and share the excitement of victory. It just adds a huge amount of depth to the fun and drama.

Playing by yourself feels so hollow and boring compaired to playing with friends. I have never met anyone IRL that plays Monster Hunter. Local Multi is next to worthless in America. We are not a small country with a compact population like Japan where meet-ups would be easily accessible and common. Could be why Monster Hunter has never really caught on over here.

Honestly, this is what's keeping me from being excited. I have put well over 150+ hours into MHTRI and I can say 100 of those hours alone went to online play.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

zezhyrule

If 'inferior' means selling 4m+ copies in the first month of its release (MHP3) compared to MHT's <1m, then yeah, I guess so.

I agree with the rest of what you said though.
and at least the PSP games have adHoc Party for those who have no one to meet up with

Edited on by zezhyrule

JayArr

zezhyrule wrote:

Blah, Blah, pointless Japanese sales numbers that have nothing to do with gameplay or your point.

I agree with the rest of what you said though.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

zezhyrule

It is a matter of opinion of course, I find MHT to be inferior when put up against the PSP games. While MHFU has 80+ monsters, lots of areas and g-rank quests above high-rank to keep you playing, MHT just has a couple monsters and barely any quests. They also watered down the offline mode a whole lot.

Edited on by zezhyrule

komicturtle

Who thinks Capcom will throw an online mode for the western release for this game? (If it comes here)

Because I think they would. Then probably re-release the game in Japan at a budget price- or an eShop app that enables them to play online, of course, they need to have the game already. The latter is unlikely but a possibility

Like JR, 90% of my time on MHTri was spent online, at least, my hours.

komicturtle

zezhyrule

I don't know if Capcom would invest the money and time into adding an entire online mode for areas where the series doesn't even sell that much. I mean, they might, but I don't see how they'd benefit from it.

I'm sure most people spent their hours online in MHT, because as I've said, the offline mode was pitiful compared to others in the series.

btw kitteh = teh sex

shingi_70

zezhyrule wrote:

I don't know if Capcom would invest the money and time into adding an entire online mode for areas where the series doesn't even sell that much. I mean, they might, but I don't see how they'd benefit from it.

I'm sure most people spent their hours online in MHT, because as I've said, the offline mode was pitiful compared to others in the series.

btw kitteh = teh sex

They did for MVT and i'm pretty sure that sold less than Tri.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

zezhyrule

MVT?

So it sold less than MHT. Why would they do it again? I mean, for a company that didn't release 11 (out of the 18 MH games currently out) games out of japan (the latest two MHs being an example), why would they add an entire online mode for the western market?

Edit: Hey look, Bracchidios Blade armor and LS~
Untitled

Edited on by zezhyrule

Dynetheous

i seen this pic a while ago on the MH wiki page, looks awesome:)

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.