Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 ultimate or Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

123ash3

What's the difference. I feel like obviously 4 is better because it's a sequel, but why did the company release two games that was separated by a year or so? Do they have like different styles or something?

Doh I Missed!
Plays smash and monster hunter 4.
Kind of plays competitive Pokemon without IVs
Friend Code: 2879-0441-9917
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/123ash7

Joeynator3000

Monster Hunter is a yearly-ish thing, it's normal. 4 Ultimate came out last year and we're getting Generation this summer. Each new game introduces new features and mechanics, in addition to new/returning monsters/areas.

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

123ash3

That's so cool. I just noticed that. So is it better waiting for generations?

Doh I Missed!
Plays smash and monster hunter 4.
Kind of plays competitive Pokemon without IVs
Friend Code: 2879-0441-9917
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/123ash7

Joeynator3000

I dunno...for some odd reason some of the stuff in 4U were cut in Generations. No Sunken Hollow (I prefer that over Volcanic Hollow, lol), no Diablos even though the Dunes is still there. They even took Nerscylla out...

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

123ash3

I think I'll get 4 just to experience and I'll get generation if I feel like it's good

Doh I Missed!
Plays smash and monster hunter 4.
Kind of plays competitive Pokemon without IVs
Friend Code: 2879-0441-9917
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/123ash7

Haru17

Megumi wrote:

Monster Hunter is a yearly-ish thing, it's normal. 4 Ultimate came out last year and we're getting Generation this summer. Each new game introduces new features and mechanics, in addition to new/returning monsters/areas.

No, Tri was 2010, 3U was 2013, 4U was 2015, and Generations looks to be a year and a half later this Summer. Each game is generally an improvement, but different generations offer different things (especially the last two).

OP, I would suggest you play 3U and then just play Generations this summer if you like the combat system. There is a lot of the same content between 4U and Generations and I think it'd be better to experience it all first with the new styles system, which adds a lot of attack variety. Whereas there is a lot less carried over from 3U into generations; most of the areas, underwater combat, Qurupeco, Gigginox, Barroth, and Barioth (two different monsters, remarkably enough). Also, consider that 3U doesn't have the online multiplayer.

3U is a little harder, but I feel it teaches you the Monster Hunter core mechanics a bit better. If you want to get the gist you can try the 4U demo on the eshop.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Joeynator3000

Haru17 wrote:

Megumi wrote:

Monster Hunter is a yearly-ish thing, it's normal. 4 Ultimate came out last year and we're getting Generation this summer. Each new game introduces new features and mechanics, in addition to new/returning monsters/areas.

No, Tri was 2010, 3U was 2013, 4U was 2015, and Generations looks to be a year and a half later this Summer. Each game is generally an improvement, but different generations offer different things (especially the last two).

OP, I would suggest you play 3U and then just play Generations this summer if you like the combat system. There is a lot of the same content between 4U and Generations and I think it'd be better to experience it all first with the new styles system, which adds a lot of attack variety. Whereas there is a lot less carried over from 3U into generations; most of the areas, underwater combat, Qurupeco, Gigginox, Barroth, and Barioth (two different monsters, remarkably enough). Also, consider that 3U doesn't have the online multiplayer.

3U is a little harder, but I feel it teaches you the Monster Hunter core mechanics a bit better. If you want to get the gist you can try the 4U demo on the eshop.

1. I said yearly-ISH.
2. I was including ALL MH games.

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

Haru17

Megumi wrote:

1. I said yearly-ISH.
2. I was including ALL MH games.

It's only 'yearly-ish' if you only look at only the last 2 games—one of which isn't even out yet.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Joeynator3000

....You don't get it, do you. -.-

Original releases:
Monster Hunter 3: 8/1/2009
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: 12/1/2010
Monster Hunter 3U: 12/10/2011
Monster Hunter 4: 9/14/2013
Monster Hunter 4U: 10/11/2014
Monster Hunter X/G: 11/28/2015

I'm pretty certain if those two games were localized it would be the same for us. So, yeah...they are yearly-ish. >.>

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

Tsurii

shaneoh wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Also, consider that 3U doesn't have the online multiplayer.

Unless you get the Wii U version

Well, considering the question was whether they should get 3U or 4U I'd assume this is about the 3DS versions..

Anyway, don't start with Generations. I have a feeling that one might just overwhelm newcomers since they more or less quadrupled the weapon classes with the styles.
Your best bet would be downloading both demos, trying the different types of weapons and deciding which one you're more interested in from there.
4U has a couple pretty neat monsters but a LOT of the best ones are missing in that game imo. Namely the likes of Nargacuga, Agnaktor and Uragaan (he's fun, sue me) which all return in generations. So it's not too much of an issue if you want to wait for Generations to experience those.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Haru17

Megumi wrote:

I'm pretty certain if those two games were localized it would be the same for us. So, yeah...they are yearly-ish. >.>

I'ma white dude, so I was just going by the NA dates Don't feel like bothering with importing.

Tsurii wrote:

Anyway, don't start with Generations. I have a feeling that one might just overwhelm newcomers since they more or less quadrupled the weapon classes with the styles.
Your best bet would be downloading both demos, trying the different types of weapons and deciding which one you're more interested in from there.
4U has a couple pretty neat monsters but a LOT of the best ones are missing in that game imo. Namely the likes of Nargacuga, Agnaktor and Uragaan (he's fun, sue me) which all return in generations. So it's not too much of an issue if you want to wait for Generations to experience those.

Actually they seem to have taken the 3U demo down since 4U came out, so that demo's the go-to. I agree with you otherwise. You should definitely learn your main weapons in normal hunting (aka guild style) before messing with the fancy stuff in generations.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

crimsontadpoles

Tsurii wrote:

4U has a couple pretty neat monsters but a LOT of the best ones are missing in that game imo. Namely the likes of Nargacuga, Agnaktor and Uragaan (he's fun, sue me) which all return in generations. So it's not too much of an issue if you want to wait for Generations to experience those.

My favourite Agnaktor is back in Generations? Fantastic, I'm now even more hyped for it. I thought Nargacuga and Uragaan were great as well.

Since hunting with others is great fun (or so I've heard, I've not got round to doing it ), I'd suggest waiting until Generations. 4 Ultimate is more welcoming to newcomers than 3 Ultimate. There's swimming in 3 Ultimate, but 4 Ultimate has a lot of fun verticalness

My Anime List
Dude. You said you couldn't sleep without a stuffed animal.

3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

123ash3

I just got 4 and it's really good. Except it's incredibly hard to choose what weapon. I started with the Great Sword and tried the others like hammer and the dual blades, but I still can't pick one. Anyone have any recommendations?

Doh I Missed!
Plays smash and monster hunter 4.
Kind of plays competitive Pokemon without IVs
Friend Code: 2879-0441-9917
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/123ash7

crimsontadpoles

123ash3 wrote:

I just got 4 and it's really good. Except it's incredibly hard to choose what weapon. I started with the Great Sword and tried the others like hammer and the dual blades, but I still can't pick one. Anyone have any recommendations?

The hammer and dual blades aren't that complex once you get used to them, and I can do well with them on most monsters. Alternatively, the insect glaive is much more complex, but it's very fun to use since you can use it to pole vault onto enemies and get a lot of topples.

However, it's your choice. I suggest to do the training missions in 4 Ultimate and try out every weapon. You'll eventually find a weapon that you enjoy and suits your play style.

My Anime List
Dude. You said you couldn't sleep without a stuffed animal.

3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Delibheel

Hunting Horn & Lance 4 life.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

Glaive better. lol

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

123ash3

K. I think I'll switch between the Great Sword and the Glaive and maybe go to the dual blades.
Anyone want to play in the weekends. I've been destroying this game and I'm on the island with the cats.

Doh I Missed!
Plays smash and monster hunter 4.
Kind of plays competitive Pokemon without IVs
Friend Code: 2879-0441-9917
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/123ash7

Top

  • Pages:
  • 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic