Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 581 to 600 of 611

MERG

@Tech...its funny...after I make a post like that I then seem to complete the quest. I just beat it. I was wearing wroggi armor the whole time. I didn't bring enough health potions before. This time I brought health, traps, bombs...

NOW the high rank quests are fully open.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

MegaMari0

anyone here still playing the Wii U version? I haven't gotten 4U because I want a Wii U version. Anyways, G rank Deviljho. Hard as heck, anybody know any tactics or tricks to take him down besides the obvious weakness to elements?

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Haru17

munchakoopas wrote:

anyone here still playing the Wii U version? I haven't gotten 4U because I want a Wii U version. Anyways, G rank Deviljho. Hard as heck, anybody know any tactics or tricks to take him down besides the obvious weakness to elements?

Tremor res, stand under his feet, don't stand in front of him, etc and so on.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

MegaMari0

Haru17 wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

better to capture him or kill him? I ran out of time last time and only managed to carve his severed tail.

Haru17

munchakoopas wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

better to capture him or kill him? I ran out of time last time and only managed to carve his severed tail.

Either, really. The biggest thing that'll make it easier is playing online or over LAN.

MegaMari0

um yeah, the online community did not seem that friendly when I looked around. asked a few questions and was met with silence....

Iggly

The community for 3 Ultimate is actually really friendly(or at least before 4 Ultimate released), though I'm pretty sure most of the friendly hunters moved onto 4 Ultimate.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

MegaMari0

I did try well before 4U released. So if they moved over I missed them.

Astraea

@munchakoopas: Deviljho is a joke with evasion +1. You can dodge through his tail swipes, hipchecks, his spin attack, dragon breath, roars, and even tremors, etc. (He get's more annoying in MH4).

I personally like to fight him with the hammer, but the switchaxe is also good since it allows you to attack and dodge under him with relative ease.

When he gets exhausted start using your traps or flash bombs. He doesn't move a lot when he's tired and blind.

You may want to bring defense boosting items such as Adamant Seeds or Pills to remove the effect of defense down from his drool.

Never flash bomb an enraged Jho unless you really need to.

Bring meat traps if you want, but only use them one time during the quest unless you or a team member can apply status. You can also crouch at the start of the fight and set a drugged meat and wait for Jho to eat it.

(Note: This doesn't work if you bring Cha-Cha or Kayamba, or if a team member in the same area is standing/attacking, or if you get too close to Jho).

Edited on by Astraea

Astraea

MegaMari0

Switch axe is my main weapon.

I guess my problem was not fighting for the long haul. I always went all out employing everything as soon as I could. I've used meat to put him to sleep. then bomb him..never worked out because 1 of the 2 idiots companions would wake him up inadvertently by hitting him. never could set it off before he work up.. what happens when you flash bomb an enraged jho? I hate his hip check. tremors and roars I can deal with.

Haru17

munchakoopas wrote:

um yeah, the online community did not seem that friendly when I looked around. asked a few questions and was met with silence....

Can they swing a blade? Good enough.

MERG

Can I just say...level 7 village quests with the gigginox and the baleful gigginox is an annoying pain the the backside.

MERG

Can I just say...Jhen Mohran fight is a !@#$ pain in the @#$!@#$!!

MegaMari0

He's not so bad once you get his pattern down. He's rather predictable.

MERG

He always ends up destroy the ship.

MegaMari0

solo or with a group? also always have gong or ballista binder available at all times. never have both unavailable.

Edited on by MegaMari0

MERG

Solo. Gong binder?

Eel

(This is from my experience with the similar monster in MH4)

The ballista binder is a yellow arrow thing you get with the supplies, use it at the ballistas to tie him up for a few seconds, that makes him stop.

The gong is in the middle of the ship, use it before he strikes the ship to make a loud noise, the monster won't like it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MegaMari0

The gong is a sound device that hurts it(sensitive hearing). Basically it's good for interrupting his attacks on the ship.(located by the mast of the ship. Big button you hit with pick) Same with the ballista binder. It a yellow Arrow looking thing you pick out from the blue chest at the beginning when you start the mission. fire it from the turrets. It stops him in his tracks. Again, stops him from damaging your ship. If you still don't know what I'm talking about, youtube a Jhen Mohran battle.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.