3DS Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Discussion

Showing 501 to 520 of 556

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

501. Posted:

Lan wrote:

I have the retail version, and I transfer my saves between the 3DS and Wii U version often. The "saving to SD card" portion of the 3DS version takes forever.

Yeah then like was said above I'm not sure if a new memory card will help you. It might have more to do with the Wii U then anything. Does your memory card seem to be slow on anything else? If not then I don't think there is anything you can do. When I first got my sandisk I noticed Swapnote loaded like 3 times faster so I know it was working faster!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

502. Posted:

Doesn't it say something about saving extended data every time for whatever reason?...

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kimba

503. Posted:

Since the 3DS version doesn't have online multiplayer, does anyone want to trade guild cards with me?

Now Playing: Bravely Default & MH3U
Other games: Rune Factory 4 & Pokemon Y (Safari: Spearow, Tranquil, and Fletchinder)

3DS Friend Code: 2723-9525-8134

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gustoff

504. Posted:

Does anyone know how to create furnishings for your in-game home? So far I only have the lamp you get when you start the game.

3DS FC: 1805-2174-4646
3DS Name: Gustoff
AC:NL Dream Code: 4000-2538-6016

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spanjard

505. Posted:

Gustoff wrote:

Does anyone know how to create furnishings for your in-game home? So far I only have the lamp you get when you start the game.

You can trade these with the Argosy captain or whatever his name is. I think you have to be a bit further into the game for him to come by though.

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

506. Posted:

Spanjard wrote:

Gustoff wrote:

Does anyone know how to create furnishings for your in-game home? So far I only have the lamp you get when you start the game.

You can trade these with the Argosy captain or whatever his name is. I think you have to be a bit further into the game for him to come by though.

and you will have to hunt large monsters in Moga woods to get the items to trade(quests don't give those items)

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gustoff

507. Posted:

Ah, thanks to both of you that answered. I am at a low level. I'll keep hunting to get the furnished items. Happy hunting!

3DS FC: 1805-2174-4646
3DS Name: Gustoff
AC:NL Dream Code: 4000-2538-6016

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

508. Posted:

@Gustoff I'd recommend to wait until at least Rathian starts appearing in moga woods so you can get better items to trade(though Royal Ludroth and Qurupeco also have good items)

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gustoff

509. Posted:

Awesome, will do. Just defeated Qurupeco.

3DS FC: 1805-2174-4646
3DS Name: Gustoff
AC:NL Dream Code: 4000-2538-6016

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DanielHPoetry

510. Posted:

Can I use my circle pad pro XL if I download this game digitally? I know you're not able to use it on the demo.

3DS FC: 0044-3031-3127

3DS Friend Code: 0044-3031-3127 | Twitter: DanielHPoetry

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

511. Posted:

@DanielHPoetry yes you can. though since I don't have the CPP I can't say if the game is better with it.

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

512. Posted:

DanielHPoetry wrote:

Can I use my circle pad pro XL if I download this game digitally? I know you're not able to use it on the demo.

You most definitly can. I have the digital copy and the CPP.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DanielHPoetry

513. Posted:

@Spoony_Tech thanks for the update. @GuSilverFlame the cpp is definitely worth the investment. You should try it out.

Edited on by DanielHPoetry

3DS FC: 0044-3031-3127

3DS Friend Code: 0044-3031-3127 | Twitter: DanielHPoetry

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

514. Posted:

If nothing else its worth it for the underwater parts alone. The land parts it just makes it that much easier!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

515. Posted:

so I finally got a slime weapon and now I really don't understand why people say it's OP.
the hits rarely activate the slime(I mean slime splash animation not the explosion) so it's pretty balanced(if not underpowered)

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Inazuma_Pikpik

516. Posted:

When four people all use slime weapons, explosions are MUCH more frequent.

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining puns out there.
I'm so punny I should be sent to the state punitentiary.

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

517. Posted:

at least the weapon looks really cool and the little slime blasts that happen almost compensate for the lack of element(pretty much like any other status)

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Warruz

518. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

so I finally got a slime weapon and now I really don't understand why people say it's OP.
the hits rarely activate the slime(I mean slime splash animation not the explosion) so it's pretty balanced(if not underpowered)

Its because it gives explosions that allow parts that normally require a Hammer to be broken, couple that with Dios armor and you just explode everything all the time with nice damage spikes for flinches and falling over(Switch axe in Sword mode since it doesnt bounce is amazing with slime).

Iv recently been getting back in to the single player since I purchased it again for 3DS(had Wii U version) and have been playing with Gunlance to change it up with Steel Uragaan Armor(normally Switch Axe). I have a long list of Hi rank quests to go to get the Mark of the Hero quest to unlock, then once I beat Single Player I can go tackle G rank online.

Would be cool to get a fresh G rank team together.

Edited on by Warruz

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

519. Posted:

I'll hop in with the Slime discussion. Worst "element" possible, it is so OP it is ridiculous. Its like mini bombs going off every few seconds, couple this with Chacha and Kayamba, you can take down most HR monsters quite quickly. Especially once you've levelled them up to around 40 or so their slime damage can be quite high.

The only thing Slime is not good on is Ceadeus, Goldbeard Ceadeus and Abyssal Lagiacrus I find. Simply because these guys can't go on land so hitting them Slime all the time is near impossible.

The other thing is coupling Slime with the Kelbi Slingshot, one you can already shoot mini bombs but along with Slime attached, I find its almost always an instant double explosion. Both from the initial bomb and the other from the Slime.

Hopefully they've nerfed it a little bit in MH4 because everyone rocks Slime in MH3U online I find. Its hard to find a room without someone using one, not sure what its like now as I only play o n the 3DS version. Wish I transferred my data over from the Wii U. >.<

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

520. Posted:

Chris720 wrote:

I'll hop in with the Slime discussion. Worst "element" possible, it is so OP it is ridiculous. Its like mini bombs going off every few seconds, couple this with Chacha and Kayamba, you can take down most HR monsters quite quickly. Especially once you've levelled them up to around 40 or so their slime damage can be quite high.

The only thing Slime is not good on is Ceadeus, Goldbeard Ceadeus and Abyssal Lagiacrus I find. Simply because these guys can't go on land so hitting them Slime all the time is near impossible.

The other thing is coupling Slime with the Kelbi Slingshot, one you can already shoot mini bombs but along with Slime attached, I find its almost always an instant double explosion. Both from the initial bomb and the other from the Slime.

Hopefully they've nerfed it a little bit in MH4 because everyone rocks Slime in MH3U online I find. Its hard to find a room without someone using one, not sure what its like now as I only play o n the 3DS version. Wish I transferred my data over from the Wii U. >.<

Rory was asking me just the other day what in the world did you do with your Wii U?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech