3DS Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Discussion

Showing 421 to 440 of 553

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

421. Posted:

I finally got this game last week and I'm up to the HR3 Urgent quest: Plessy. I'm finding my armor is far to weak though so I'm grinding for a Rathian Plate and Ruby and Rath Marrows to complete my armor set. This is taking forever, but such is the world of Monster Hunter...

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

422. Posted:

^Don't forget to upgrade your armor. It really helps.

I finally beat the Lagiacrus, and coincidently have all the parts I need for a new Gunlance (except a Flame Sac, but I'll work on that next). Thank God, I would not want to go up against that thing again. Even with Fully upgraded Barroth armor, I still got barely made it through that battle. Ah well, looks like there are more quests to do, anyways...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

423. Posted:

The Lagiacrus? I don't remember struggling with that one. It dragged on but not really in a challenging way. Congrats though!!!!!

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

424. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

The Lagiacrus? I don't remember struggling with that one. It dragged on but not really in a challenging way. Congrats though!!!!!

Well, you don't use one of the worst weapons for underwater combat. :P

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

425. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

^Don't forget to upgrade your armor. It really helps.

I finally beat the Lagiacrus, and coincidently have all the parts I need for a new Gunlance (except a Flame Sac, but I'll work on that next). Thank God, I would not want to go up against that thing again. Even with Fully upgraded Barroth armor, I still got barely made it through that battle. Ah well, looks like there are more quests to do, anyways...

I was finally able to upgrade it yesterday with full HR Rathian Armor (except for the helm which was Pink Rathian which is almost the same thing but with less slots) and I used excess Rathian parts to forge my first Gunlance which I then proceeded to destroy Plessy with. I think I have a new favorite weapon!

By the way, congrats on beating Lagiacrus! I actually thought Lagiacrus would be a lot harder when I went in to fight it considering the huge deal the guild was making of it, so I came way overprepared.

PS: You're gonna have to capture Lagiacrus later. Good luck with that.

Edited on by TeeJay

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

426. Posted:

Trapping monsters is killing me. I either try to trap to early and waste my supplies or end up killing the dang things.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

427. Posted:

MERG wrote:

Trapping monsters is killing me. I either try to trap to early and waste my supplies or end up killing the dang things.

Yeah trapping can be annoying. If it helps, what you should do is wait until they show signs of weakness (ex: limping) then give them a couple more wacks with your weapon and WAIT FOR THEM TO LEAVE THE AREA. This is essential because they WILL leave the area often when they're weak like that. When you enter the new area, place the trap first thing.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

428. Posted:

Thanks for the heads up Caramel.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

429. Posted:

Caramel wrote:

MERG wrote:

Trapping monsters is killing me. I either try to trap to early and waste my supplies or end up killing the dang things.

Yeah trapping can be annoying. If it helps, what you should do is wait until they show signs of weakness (ex: limping) then give them a couple more wacks with your weapon and WAIT FOR THEM TO LEAVE THE AREA. This is essential because they WILL leave the area often when they're weak like that. When you enter the new area, place the trap first thing.

Yeah, that's something I could never figure out until I saw a video. Now trapping missions aren't so bad thanks to that tip.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

430. Posted:

It took me one wasted Shock Trap to figure it out. NEVER AGAIN! D:<

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

okamiki

431. Posted:

Hi, I have a mh recomendation code and want to trade it for a download code. LM2, Castlevania or even dk are welcome.

I cant do nothing with it so i hope we can do a great deal for both sides

FC 4227 1927 1924

Nintendo Network ID: Okamiki

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

432. Posted:

Okay guys, how do I get my little buddy back? I can't fight Rathians without him. :(

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

433. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Okay guys, how do I get my little buddy back? I can't fight Rathians without him. :(

Do the Duramboros quest. You won't get Cha-Cha back, but you'll get someone else. Cha-Cha will return to you after you progress in the game some more.

Edited on by TeeJay

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

434. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Okay guys, how do I get my little buddy back? I can't fight Rathians without him. :(

You have to play on a bit. You need the urgent with Duramboros. Good luck with that too as you pretty much have to fight it on your own and he is hard!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

435. Posted:

Well...that sucks. :( I'm gonna need Rathian Armor, too...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

436. Posted:

Yeah it sucked not having Cha-Cha helping me out. I just progressed as quickly as I could through the game til I got him back. Rathian armor is great. That's exactly what I worked towards getting before fighting Duramboros I think. Or was it Rathalos armor? Might have been Rathalos.

Edited on by TeeJay

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

galachef55

437. Posted:

I felt a bit lost without at least one weird little dude fighting by my side. Canis, if you can go bowgun at least temporarily, the duramboros fight is a gift to gunners as long as he doesn't land on you too often (his most vulnerable part is his back, which is easily reachable with gunfire).

galachef55

3DS Friend Code: 4425-2636-2806 | Nintendo Network ID: galachef55 | Twitter: galachef55

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

438. Posted:

I'm not sure what caused it, since it didn't do this before....but I made second new character on the Wii U version and transferred it over to the 3DS. When saving, it's now taking FOREVER....longer than usual. :/
Is it because of the transfer?

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rapido

439. Posted:

galachef55 wrote:

I felt a bit lost without at least one weird little dude fighting by my side. Canis, if you can go bowgun at least temporarily, the duramboros fight is a gift to gunners as long as he doesn't land on you too often (his most vulnerable part is his back, which is easily reachable with gunfire).

Is it me, or Bowgun has a nasty low DPS? I used a bowgun and it almost took me all the time allowed to finish the "Bad White and Blue" quest. 2 lagombi and 2 Baggi. Or I just don't use things like traps and bomb.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

440. Posted:

I finally finished making my Rathalos S armor set! It has Attack (L), Speed Sharpening, Anti-theft(simply because the Anti-theft talisman was the only one to actually do anything significant when equipped) and I even managed to negate the Recovery Down ability! I'm so proud of myself. n_n

@Erica_Hartmann ...Are you in the Capcom Community website? Because there's a new topic posted there about this exact question. And upon further inspection "Erica" was mentioned in that profile. [/detetcive]

Edited on by TeeJay

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92