3DS Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Discussion

Showing 361 to 380 of 557

AuthorMessage

Stereoman

361. Posted:

Nardar wrote:

What is the best way to get Tru Armor Sphere's? I know you can mine in the G-Rank Volcano. But is that the only way?

yes there is a better way !
download the recent DLC for grannys shop. New items will show up there for example the armor stone. So you can combine armor stone and ore or bugs to create all kinds of spheres

Ps: anyone got a good source to check out all those vague abilites from armor sets ? some descriptions are really confusing ...

cheers

Stereoman

AuthorMessage

galachef55

362. Posted:

Stereoman wrote:

Ps: anyone got a good source to check out all those vague abilites from armor sets ? some descriptions are really confusing ...

cheers

The IGN MH3U wiki isn't complete, but so far it's been more than adequate for finding out which sets I should invest my time and zenny in:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/monster-hunter-3-ultimate/Armor

galachef55

Nintendo Network ID: galachef55

AuthorMessage

Rapido

363. Posted:

Try this,

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Armors

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

AuthorMessage

KingJoonToon

364. Posted:

Would people recommend using the Circle pad pro of XL with this game?

Found it easier with the 2 sticks on the gamepad when playing the demo, and would really love to get this game just having problems using the one circle pad on the 3DS.

KingJoonToon

Nintendo Network ID: KingJoonToon | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

365. Posted:

KingJoonToon wrote:

Would people recommend using the Circle pad pro of XL with this game?

Found it easier with the 2 sticks on the gamepad when playing the demo, and would really love to get this game just having problems using the one circle pad on the 3DS.

I would recommend the cpp if its not to much of a problem to get. Its worth it. The game is playable without it but its so much easier with it and if your already use to the two sticks then its almost a no brainer. I almost always use mine now on game that don't even support it cus its so comfortable!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

galachef55

366. Posted:

The CPP on 3DS almost makes underwater fights bearable. It's a very good investment.

galachef55

Nintendo Network ID: galachef55

AuthorMessage

Rapido

367. Posted:

I just got a worm horn hunting horn. I just got the feeling it'll turn into one epic hunting horn weapon. :)

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

368. Posted:

Is it possible to solo the whole game with Dual Sword? (I haven't pick up the game yet, even though I want it very badly...)

And is there any tips for the underwater fight? ^^;; I don't have Circle Pad Pro and since I'm using a crystal case, I can't use it anyway.

darkfenrir

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

369. Posted:

@darkfenrir Yes you can solo the whole game that way. You might need the strongest weapon in that class though to do some of the later levels as it gets insane towards the end.

As for under water all you can really do is use the left trigger button a lot to stay looked on the the monster. I picked up the cpp just for that part though but its still playable without it. Frustration will probably set in with hjarder monsters though!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

370. Posted:

@OldMan-Tech ah, alright then! :D Thank you very much, you have been very helpful. (Especially since you are the only one that keep answering all my Monster Hunter-related question, and I'm definitely picking MH4 if it ever comes to US though :D)

I have set my frustration very high after trying and failing to kill that Plesioth in the demo. -facepalm-

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

371. Posted:

@darkfenrir You do know the main game actually gives you 50 mins to finish most quests right? That will be plenty of time to kill whatever you need!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

372. Posted:

@OldMan-Tech I'm not failing the time, it's more of:

"DON'T MOVE SO MUCH!"
"D*** IT, WHY DO YOU GO INTO THE WATER AGAIN?"

then put those on a loop and you get my frustration. ;; At least the Lagomba one is pretty satisfying... And I have the tendency to RAGE QUIT if I'm too frustrated. ^^ But I think the main game will help a lot, I'll probably be able to learn about the other weapons too, although I don't like the slow weapons, which is almost all of the weapons in Monster Hunter, but maybe that's just me since everybody I'm seeing is using them...

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

373. Posted:

@darkfenrir My weapon of choice is the great sword and the only weapon I used up to this point. True its slow but once you get good with them they are powerful and one of the few weapons that can reach some of the tails on the monster to cut them off. The power level on some of them reach up to 1300 attack power at least in tri they did. They may go even higher on ultimate!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

374. Posted:

@OldMan-Tech Maybe I should give them more chance, especially since the demo can help! :) Thank you again!

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

Rapido

375. Posted:

soloing the game is very possible but at the same very frustrating, i'm on the last leg of my HR7 quest (offline/story completed). the only time I do online quest is helping out friends who got left behind. T_T

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

376. Posted:

@Rapido ;A; good luck! And I find out that the store that sells them cheap has sold out, I'm asking whether they have plan on restocking though... Hopefully they have! ;o;

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

Rapido

377. Posted:

darkfenrir wrote:

@Rapido ;A; good luck! And I find out that the store that sells them cheap has sold out, I'm asking whether they have plan on restocking though... Hopefully they have! ;o;

yep, better get yourself ready for MH4. Gotta practice huntin. :) . Dual Blades has a move that lets you evade/change position quickly. So its Ideal for Close Range Combat, Minus the weak armor and fast dulling of the blade.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

378. Posted:

@Rapido I certainly will buy MH4 when it comes out to NA (Well, I believe they'll localize it seeing that they are saying they add Online Play to appeal to Western Audience...). But if MH4 comes like, in 2014, I think I'll jump ship to that, since I want to buy some other games too.

XD I see the fast dulling, My blades dulled faster than killing Lagomba.

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

Rapido

379. Posted:

darkfenrir wrote:

@Rapido I certainly will buy MH4 when it comes out to NA (Well, I believe they'll localize it seeing that they are saying they add Online Play to appeal to Western Audience...). But if MH4 comes like, in 2014, I think I'll jump ship to that, since I want to buy some other games too.

XD I see the fast dulling, My blades dulled faster than killing Lagomba.

Appeal the Western Audience? Damn right (pardon my tone). Yes cause local multiplayer works well in Japan considering the amount of 3DS/MH users there. Though I would advise you to get MH3 for now as far as things going, MH4 will be out late time 2014. Though SMT4 will be out July and Pokemon October.

Anyone here know how cosmic mask works? the mask makes me remember chu chulainn from FFXII :)

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

380. Posted:

@Rapido I'm going to buy M&L: Dream Team and Pokemon, but I think I'll end up picking up MH3U anyway... especially since I can sink a lot of my time into the game. :D In fact, I should be able to get enough money to buy it if only that store still has the MH3U... ;o;

darkfenrir