3DS Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Discussion

Showing 341 to 360 of 557

AuthorMessage

AzureFashionist

341. Posted:

@Osui

11 Jhen's for your Dragon Gems? Desire sensor hit you hard. I got 3 Earth Dragon Gems from carves the first time I beat him offline.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ♥
Formally known as "AzureFashionista" but I'm one letter short... Life's hollow.
Also formally known as "Meat Shield."
Friend Safari: Dragon: Gabite, Sliggoo, Fraxure.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7775-4464

AuthorMessage

Stereoman

342. Posted:

I strongly recommend the CCP pro for any 3ds fans out there for MH3U.

Recently i couldnt use my CCP so i went back to the digital camera control. Boy was that a failure :D
Right now im grinding diablos on g-rank for a specific carving. And oh boy without the ccp the fight turn out to be like 3 times harder. Really perfect camera control is a means between life or death on g-rank.
Sure if you stay offline and just enjoy your quest in moga quest you probably wont care for a ccp or for spot on camera control. But for multiplayer and g-rank i strongly recommend it !

Ps: what were your most nostalgic moments until now ? ( maybe bit early for it with only two month since release ) :D
Mine was when i fought the giant duramboros first time ever in single player ( you know when kayamba gets lost in flooded forest) I had no clue what to expect and no clue about weak spots. So i went there with my dragonmaiden switch axe as usual and hack and slashed. Until 40 minutes passed. And guess what ? I used all whetstones and dropped to red sharpeness. So in axe mode my weapon couldnt even hurt that beast. This fight was so satifying because i still beat it with like crazy 30 seconds left !!!! I had to fight that thing whole time with sword mode with my dragonmaiden switch axe and constantly spam that elemental charge power attack. Otherwise axe mode and normal sword swipes would just bounce of and do nothing. Phew this game is crazy ^^

Edited on by Stereoman

Stereoman

AuthorMessage

Nardar

343. Posted:

Man, Now I am stuck against the wall. I only have a 3DS XL and the 3DS version. I survived Mark of a Hero (Captured all 3) so now I am left with Alatreon. I HATE HIM! I thought it would be the High Rank version but NO. He is G-Rank. I am using full Jhen Mohran Armor and I use Switch Axe. I use the Motor Burst+ gives me 966 attack, 230 Fire and +16 to defense. I even have a charm that gives me Defense Up (L). I have 556 defense after I eat. I guess now my only option is to get G-Rank stuff....after I get a Wii U and the Wii U version.......

Edited on by Nardar

Nardar

Nintendo Network ID: Nardar

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

344. Posted:

@Nardar Are you also taking plenty of bombs and traps. You need all the help you can get to defeat him!! I won't believe its not possible to win with what's available offline! I'm not even close to that yet though but I'm speaking from past experiences.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Nardar

345. Posted:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

@Nardar Are you also taking plenty of bombs and traps. You need all the help you can get to defeat him!! I won't believe its not possible to win with what's available offline! I'm not even close to that yet though but I'm speaking from past experiences.

So Pitfall and Shock traps works on him? I didn't think those would work. I bring bombs but, don't have a lot of time to place them. Even using the Binder, it is only useful when he is flying, otherwise if you use it when he is on the ground he immediately gets rid of it. Even if you catch him with the binder when he's flying you don't get a lot of time to place your bombs and get them to explode before he gets back up.
You do get Bastilla Ammo but you need Cha Cha and Kayamba to distract him for a bit just so you can get ammo and once your ready to fire, your just a sitting duck.

Nardar

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

346. Posted:

Oh yeah I'm not sure if traps work on him. I forgot he's a pain in the behind! Can't hurt to try though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

347. Posted:

The alatreon is an elder dragon, so therefore traps wont work on him. But using the walls to hit his head a good. and also if you have a bow or bow gun, try to make it sleep or para while flying. Bring lots of bombs!!

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

Nardar

348. Posted:

I did managed to last 40min with him and I did make him moan a lot. I just wish I knew how close I am to kill him.

Nardar

AuthorMessage

Rapido

349. Posted:

You may try fighting him with I. Lagi set with the Blightproof as he has all the elemental attacks. Bringing some dash juice should also help. You may use Dios Axe+ as an all around weapon as Motor Burst's Def plus is really negligible. Have kayamba equip ultimate mask to tank him, and cha cha with the false felyne mask for average recovery and bomb damage. I heard bomb damage penetrates and neglects monster defense. Hope that helps.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

AuthorMessage

Nardar

350. Posted:

Rapido wrote:

You may try fighting him with I. Lagi set with the Blightproof as he has all the elemental attacks. Bringing some dash juice should also help. You may use Dios Axe+ as an all around weapon as Motor Burst's Def plus is really negligible. Have kayamba equip ultimate mask to tank him, and cha cha with the false felyne mask for average recovery and bomb damage. I heard bomb damage penetrates and neglects monster defense. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tip and it worked. I love the False Felyne mask! I had about 5min left and Cha Cha threw a bomb and killed him. Plus I got all the parts I needed for the Dark Switch Axe! Thanks again!

Nardar

AuthorMessage

Rapido

351. Posted:

Close call mate! But congratulations on the win. Being a melee weapon user (switch axe), being caught up in the False Felyne's blast radius can either be a good or a bad thing, Good - if you get blown away while the monster counterattacks or Bad - If you are in the middle of a combo then you get blown away. :)

On to G Rank!!!!!

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

AuthorMessage

SuperJoon

352. Posted:

Been playing the Demo and I can't for the life of me beat the lagombi. Any tips?

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Joon84 | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage

Rapido

353. Posted:

What weapon are you using good sir? Just memorize its attack patterns. Its my first time in the MH series and i'm loving it. Cant wait for MH4. The lagombi has, If memory serves correctly, Slash attack (forward/side 3x), Snowball throw, slide attack 3x and circling slide. Just know when to dodge then counter attack. Buy the full version and you'll know what I mean. :)

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

AuthorMessage

SuperJoon

354. Posted:

Rapido wrote:

What weapon are you using good sir? Just memorize its attack patterns. Its my first time in the MH series and i'm loving it. Cant wait for MH4. The lagombi has, If memory serves correctly, Slash attack (forward/side 3x), Snowball throw, slide attack 3x and circling slide. Just know when to dodge then counter attack. Buy the full version and you'll know what I mean. :)

Thanks! I've tried crossbow, big gun, and sword, and don't think I've come close to defeating it. When I get into it I've memorised the attacks, but haven't been able to slay the beast.

Will keep on it, does seem a very good game, and a few people I've seen saying it can take time to get into so ill give it another shot.

Edited on by theblackdragon

SuperJoon

AuthorMessage

Rapido

355. Posted:

First is to choose the weapon you're most comfortable with. Stay with a single weapon at first then master it. If you're new at it, you can check its attacks using the hunter list info on the game menu. Another good practice is to know when to use a potion, no need to wait for your HP to drop to dangerous levels instead you can use potions depending on how much they heal (normal/mega) for proper health management. Also remember do not be aggressive, dodge>dodge>counter, then go all out when its tired, that is especially when you're new to the series.

Go with Hammer, it has low to medium learning curve. or with Gunlace, only because wyvern fire is cool. :)

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

AuthorMessage

SuperJoon

356. Posted:

Thanks for the tips, I will continue to persevere at the game!

SuperJoon

AuthorMessage

galachef55

357. Posted:

I know what you mean, KJT — I could not for the life of me bag the Lagombi in the demo using my weapon of choice (heavy bowgun) but in the full game as long as I'm prepared and not over-confident he doesn't give me much trouble. The game is very good about teaching you what tools you have at your disposal for hunts and easing you into learning the weapons controls, which means the difference between success and failure. MH3U is a game about gaining and applying knowledge, which isn't conveyed very well in the demo. You certainly have the right attitude to be a great hunter, though :)

galachef55

Nintendo Network ID: galachef55 | Twitter: galachef55

AuthorMessage

SuperJoon

358. Posted:

galachef55 wrote:

I know what you mean, KJT — I could not for the life of me bag the Lagombi in the demo using my weapon of choice (heavy bowgun) but in the full game as long as I'm prepared and not over-confident he doesn't give me much trouble. The game is very good about teaching you what tools you have at your disposal for hunts and easing you into learning the weapons controls, which means the difference between success and failure. MH3U is a game about gaining and applying knowledge, which isn't conveyed very well in the demo. You certainly have the right attitude to be a great hunter, though :)

Thanks! Found I had more luck with the dual blades, think I just need to get used to the controls. Will get the full version soon. Will see what funds are like next month :)

SuperJoon

AuthorMessage

galachef55

359. Posted:

I think I killed the lagombi with the dual blades and possibly the bow in the demo. Good luck with the funds — the full game is well worth it :)

galachef55

Nintendo Network ID: galachef55 | Twitter: galachef55

AuthorMessage

Nardar

360. Posted:

What is the best way to get Tru Armor Sphere's? I know you can mine in the G-Rank Volcano. But is that the only way?

Nardar