3DS Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Discussion

Showing 241 to 260 of 557

AuthorMessage

dissembled

241. Posted:

Thanks a lot guys. :)

I believe in science and that science can explain everything,
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way.
.anonymous

3DS Friend Code: 2337-3481-7203 | Nintendo Network ID: Absence-Of-Faith

AuthorMessage

Irysse

242. Posted:

Target cam only works with larger monsters. It doesn't work on smaller ones like the Jaggi.

Currently playing: Style Savvy: Trendsetters, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Waiting for: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

dissembled

243. Posted:

Irysse wrote:

Target cam only works with larger monsters. It doesn't work on smaller ones like the Jaggi.

Had no idea, thanks. I also find it weird that touching the icon doesn't make it glow or anything..

.anonymous

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

244. Posted:

dissembled wrote:

Irysse wrote:

Had no idea, thanks. I also find it weird that touching the icon doesn't make it glow or anything..

it changes to a different icon instead^^

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

dissembled

245. Posted:

Thank you. I've been to multiple 3DS forums and this one's definitely the most helpful!

.anonymous

AuthorMessage

Fiv3Score

246. Posted:

I've come to the conclusion that I don't actually need the cpp xl. Underwater combat is pretty easy with the lock on option, just takes a bit of practice. I absolutely hated it in the demo with plesioth, but now I'm doing great against R. Ludroth and Lagiacrus. If the cpp xl finally does come to NA, I'll get it of course, but the controls are fine right now without it. I was really worried about the controls before, quite relieved.

dissembled wrote:

Thank you. I've been to multiple 3DS forums and this one's definitely the most helpful!

If you have further questions, you can also try the capcom mh forums if you can't get an answer here

Edited on by Fiv3Score

Friend Code: 2079-6472-7639
My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=104579
Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (pre-ordered)

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6472-7639

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

247. Posted:

Fiv3Score wrote:

I've come to the conclusion that I don't actually need the cpp xl. Underwater combat is pretty easy with the lock on option, just takes a bit of practice. I absolutely hated it in the demo with plesioth, but now I'm doing great against R. Ludroth and Lagiacrus. If the cpp xl finally does come to NA, I'll get it of course, but the controls are fine right now without it. I was really worried about the controls before, quite relieved.

maybe it was because plesioth is a pain in the ass to begin with. even more than gobul

Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

BenAV

248. Posted:

It's pretty easy to deal with the early swimming quests without the Circle Pad Pro.
Once you get up to High Rank though, it could be the difference between life and death.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Vesiege

249. Posted:

Hey just got this today and the pikachu 3DS! Looking for friends to play MH with :3

Add me!

Vesiege

3DS Friend Code: 5043-1820-9768

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

250. Posted:

Vesiege wrote:

Hey just got this today and the pikachu 3DS! Looking for friends to play MH with :3

Add me!

Well the 3ds version doesn't have online so it wouldn't matter. If you're referring to the wii u version that's the other MH3U topic lol!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Aviator

251. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

It's pretty easy to deal with the early swimming quests without the Circle Pad Pro.
Once you get up to High Rank though, it could be the difference between life and death.

And seeing as the elder dragon is underwater, good luck with no CPP>

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

252. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

BenAV wrote:

And seeing as the elder dragon is underwater, good luck with no CPP>

He will just fight him on the Wii U.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Adhrast

253. Posted:

This game is awesome, I can't stop playing it :D
Also, it's great slaying monsters while sitting on the Porcelain Throne.

Btw, I'm about to face Barroth, any suggestion about weapon/armor? I currently have SnS Assassin's Dagger and full Jaggi set, what should I farm form, if I need to? Also have full Rhenoplos set.
Sorry, but I'm a big MH noob, I'm trying to figure out what's best :)

Adhrast

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6194-1975 | Nintendo Network ID: Adhrast

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

254. Posted:

Rhenoplos set is already a good armor for barroth.
try to get the barroth armor. i really liked it on the wii version.

fighting against barroth is very hard the first times. i dont have much experience with SnS. no tips from me for that weapon type^^ beware barroths attack when he runs towards you. that will knock you back a few meters

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

AuthorMessage

Aviator

255. Posted:

Don't use SnS. You'll be there for ages (and will probably die).

Get a GS, Lance or maybe even a Hammer/LS if your confident.

just a little inside,
I wonder if

AuthorMessage

Razalom

256. Posted:

I am also on Barroth and will be attempting him on my lunch break :) So GS it is then.

NNID : Razalom (Australia)

AuthorMessage

TOMBOY25

257. Posted:

got my full rathlos armour earlier very pleased, however im still cutting through everything diablos, nibblesnarf, rathlos(obviously) with nearly no risk so is it gonna get harder?

TOMBOY25

3DS Friend Code: 0275-8827-8761 | Nintendo Network ID: TOMBOY25

AuthorMessage

Adhrast

258. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Don't use SnS. You'll be there for ages (and will probably die).

Get a GS, Lance or maybe even a Hammer/LS if your confident.

I've obviously tried almost all the weapons, but unlike many others, I find myself preferring using quick albeit weaker weapons, like SnS and DS and had almost no problems until now, so why should I change? :)

EDIT: this damn iOs auto corrector -.-

Edited on by Adhrast

Adhrast

AuthorMessage

Aviator

259. Posted:

It's not that big of a problem, but for someone who is new to the series, using a really weak weapon (like the starting sets of SnS) you will struggle. And with Barroth you only have one spot to hit him with the SnS (aside from the jump attack), and unless your a pro at dodging the Barroth's attacks the sheild won't do you that much good.

just a little inside,
I wonder if

AuthorMessage

Adhrast

260. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

It's not that big of a problem, but for someone who is new to the series, using a really weak weapon (like the starting sets of SnS) you will struggle. And with Barroth you only have one spot to hit him with the SnS (aside from the jump attack), and unless your a pro at dodging the Barroth's attacks the sheild won't do you that much good.

Well I forged the Assassin's Dagger, which made me kill Ludroth three times in the mission where I was supposed to catch him, too -.-
It has some green sharpness, doesn't last A LOT, but enough until now.
I am mainly a dodger, so a "wait for the opening, hit, run away" type of player. Will I have problems with the Barroth? I'm at work atm, hope I'll be able to try beating it at lunch break :P

Adhrast