Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Discussion

Showing 221 to 240 of 557

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

221. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

BenAV wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

it took so long to get a proper armour. had to beat that barroth like 30 times :(
does it still take so long to get all the stuff?

I have Barroth armour in 3 Ultimate and I've only had to kill it six times.
Plus the last four times were only to cut its tail because I kept getting unlucky with it giving me Ridges instead of Tails.

hm...
maybe i was just (damn) unlucky. or they changed the amount of stuff you need to get armour and weapons.

Only took me about 45 mins to get great jaggi's armor. Most of that was from mining ore!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

BenAV

222. Posted:

@Tech101 Yeah, Great Jaggi armour was my first set that I made, just because I had everything I needed without even trying to get it.
The sets will get a lot harder later on though when you need items with a really low chance to acquire them.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Fiv3Score

223. Posted:

I'm using upgraded Hunter armor, slotted for autotracker. It has same defense as base barroth armor, but not sure if it'll be enough for my upcoming Lagiarcus fight. Why am I too lazy to paintball things, geez

Friend Code: 2079-6472-7639
My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=104579
Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (pre-ordered)

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6472-7639

AuthorMessage

Fiv3Score

224. Posted:

any news of the cpp XL coming to North America? Interested how much better it is for underwater combat. I'm getting used to the touchscreen dpad but still feels clunky. I mostly just lock on underwater, but it isn't as satisfying to use

Mario Kart 7

AuthorMessage

Razalom

225. Posted:

Well I grabbed the CPP for the XL and it really helps when I played the 3DS version of the game, even on land but especially underwater. I know a lot of people are find without in on land but man I was so bad!

Yeah Jaggi armor is easy, those great jaggi constantly attacked me when I was out mining so got the hides etc pretty easily. Had 2 on me a few times :)

NNID : Razalom (Australia)

AuthorMessage

Irysse

226. Posted:

Took me quite a bit of time to get the Jaggi armour, though that was because all I was getting were Screamers instead of King's Frills. On the bright side, constantly killing it made the Great Wroggi hunt a lot easier, though the Jaggi/Wroggi are still really annoying.

Currently playing: Style Savvy: Trendsetters, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Waiting for: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Fiv3Score

227. Posted:

Aha! Cleared Lagiacrus first attempt with my hunter armor and cheiftan great sword hehe. But now cha-cha is gone and im already missing him. Got Kayamba though, after killing the flying cow.

I really want a cpp XL. Please Nintendo, show north America some love too

Edited on by Fiv3Score

Mario Kart 7

AuthorMessage

Hunter-D

228. Posted:

I think the controls are fine on land but underwater combat is a lot easier (and fun) with a CPP.

http://www.backloggery.com/dem0

Twitter: GoonerFC10

AuthorMessage

dissembled

229. Posted:

ThomasBW84 wrote:

Gustoff wrote:

Got the game yesterday. WOW! I spent about an hour creating my character, getting to know the villagers from Moga Village and did about 4 small quests. There is tons of content on this game that i can already tell. This is my first MH game and i'm glad i went ahead and bought it. So looking forward to upgrading my weapons and armor to make cool stuff.

Also, there was already DLC available yesterday when i checked. But i didn't see the monsters that i was supposed to kill. I think it was 50 monsters of a certain kind. Can't remember the name though. Does anybody know anything about this DLC that was released yesterday? Also, there were some Guild Backgrounds? What are those for? Remember, i'm new to MH so, that's why all the questions. :)

If you go to the second tab (to the right) in your menu (hit Select), you'll see a guild card option. This essentially shows information on your exploits, and you can customise the background and character description, some of which are DLC. When playing online in future you can send these to other gamers — they're used in StreetPass on 3DS, too.

To access the DLC Quests you need to go to Port Tanzia (speak to the cat at the bottom left of Moga Village). You can go to solo, multiplayer or online areas of the port, but in any case your DLC quests should pop up in the Tavern area here; speak to the arena quest and HR quest characters in the tavern, and the DLC will be in the bottom category in each.

Hope that helps :)

Are there additional, single player quests in Port Tanzia or is that place reserved only for DLC content?

Also, I didn't play the game long enough but I find the camera system really cumbersome. Why can't the camera always point to the direction you're facing? Having to keep pressing the left trigger is annoying. I also can't use the directional pad while moving my character around. Is there an option that I missed that lets you use the touch screen to control the camera?

Edited on by dissembled

I believe in science and that science can explain everything,
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way.
.anonymous

3DS Friend Code: 2337-3481-7203 | Nintendo Network ID: Absence-Of-Faith

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

230. Posted:

^
yes the d-pad is hown on the touchscreen and you can controll the camera that way. there a tons of options to optimize the touchscreen.

but i think the best way to controll the camera is by pushing L to adjust it to the monster and maybe some d-pad touchscreen use for when you are not fighting

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394
Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B

AuthorMessage

dissembled

231. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

^
yes the d-pad is hown on the touchscreen and you can controll the camera that way. there a tons of options to optimize the touchscreen.

but i think the best way to controll the camera is by pushing L to adjust it to the monster and maybe some d-pad touchscreen use for when you are not fighting

Thanks for the quick reply. Though I wonder if I can manage to move my character while adjusting the camera via the touch screen at the same time. Guess I'll see soon enough!

.anonymous

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

232. Posted:

it's not a big deal. of course a second analog nub is always the best option, but people like me dont want addons for their handhelds^^
i played through MGS 3D controlling the camera with the facebuttons! i will be able to play MH3U with L-Trigger and touchscreen for camera ;)

AuthorMessage

Hunter-D

233. Posted:

Very true, when compared with Metal Gear Solid 3D, Monster Hunter plays much better without the CPP. I found it extremely uncomfortable/annoying to play MGS without the attachment. Especially when trying to go undetected through enemy filled locations.

http://www.backloggery.com/dem0

Twitter: GoonerFC10

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

234. Posted:

too bad the 3DS doesnt have achievements.
i wanna get the "beat MGS3D without cpp"-achievement.

AuthorMessage

dissembled

235. Posted:

Is there an option to change the camera position so that it automatically sets to the direction you're facing? Using the touch screen to control the camera while exploring is good enough for me but the camera system becomes too cumbersome during combat! Do you guys have any tips in controlling the camera during combat besides repeatedly smashing the left trigger? I live in the US so the CPP XL isn't available here yet!

.anonymous

AuthorMessage

BenAV

236. Posted:

@dissembled Just gotta get used to using a good balance of the L button to centre and the virtual dpad to slightly adjust the camera here and there (unless you can somehow manage to use the actual dpad).
I played my first 18 hours like that and I got pretty used to it... the water battles were a little tricky but nothing too unmanageable.
Then I got my Circle Pad Pro XL and the rest is history... if the controls still cause you that much trouble after a while, I recommend importing one because it makes it a lot better.

Edited on by BenAV

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

237. Posted:

dissembled wrote:

Is there an option to change the camera position so that it automatically sets to the direction you're facing? Using the touch screen to control the camera while exploring is good enough for me but the camera system becomes too cumbersome during combat! Do you guys have any tips in controlling the camera during combat besides repeatedly smashing the left trigger? I live in the US so the CPP XL isn't available here yet!

i press the L-trigger like every 3-5 seconds? is that too much for you?
as long as the monster is near you and in your sight of view there is no real need to adjust the camera. just attack the damn monsters!

AuthorMessage

dissembled

238. Posted:

Thanks for the reply. I have some more questions for the lot of you though. And yes, I'm an obvious Monster Hunter newbie. :)

1) For some reason, pressing the target cam icon on the touch screen doesn't do anything even with monsters visible and my weapon drawn. I'm still in Moga Village though and have just collected the Iron Ore for the Smith there. Will target cam be unlocked soon?

2) How do you get rid of the slug like monsters that infest the cave in Moga Forest (where you obtain the Iron Ore) when they climb on your back? Do you have to press anything in order to wiggle them off?

Thanks.

.anonymous

AuthorMessage

BenAV

239. Posted:

dissembled wrote:

1) For some reason, pressing the target cam icon on the touch screen doesn't do anything even with monsters visible and my weapon drawn. I'm still in Moga Village though and have just collected the Iron Ore for the Smith there. Will target cam be unlocked soon?

After initially engaging with the monster, pressing the target cam icon on the touch screen will activate and dis-activate target cam.
While it's activated, pressing the L button will centre the camera on the monster, and while it's dis-activated, pressing the L button will centre the camera behind you.
Generally, in battle, you're going to want it activate at all times, so just press the icon once to activate it and leave it alone after that.

dissembled wrote:

2) How do you get rid of the slug like monsters that infest the cave in Moga Forest (where you obtain the Iron Ore) when they climb on your back? Do you have to press anything in order to wiggle them off?.

Just roll a couple of times (with the B button).

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Aviator

240. Posted:

With target cam you need to press L to get the camera to focus on the monster.

And you roll to get a Giggi off you.

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9