3DS Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Discussion

Showing 201 to 220 of 557

AuthorMessage

cbkummer

201. Posted:

I have the 3DS version, and I've noticed that saving my game takes a long time. I've clocked it at 1 minute, 20 seconds. Anybody else notice this?

cbkummer

AuthorMessage

ThomasBW84

202. Posted:

cbkummer wrote:

I have the 3DS version, and I've noticed that saving my game takes a long time. I've clocked it at 1 minute, 20 seconds. Anybody else notice this?

Yikes, I never had a save take that long. Do you have a low-class SD card in your 3DS, or is it the one that came with the system?

Editor - Nintendo Life

Currently playing (3DS) - EMBARGOED (again)
Currently playing (Wii U) - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Currently playing (PS3) - Bioshock Infinite
Currently playing (Vita) - Thomas Was Alone

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3469-6599 | Nintendo Network ID: ThomasBW84 | Twitter: ThomasBW84

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

203. Posted:

cbkummer wrote:

Not me. I have the 3DS version on cartridge and it takes just a few more seconds to save than the Wii version...at least it seems that way to me. No way does it take as long as yours does. D:

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

cbkummer

204. Posted:

I might have a crappy SD card, I got it as a gift. I had to upgrade from the 2GB one that came with it, so I got a 4GB one. I'll check what class it is. Can I switch it to save to the cart instead?

cbkummer

AuthorMessage

BenAV

205. Posted:

cbkummer wrote:

I might have a crappy SD card, I got it as a gift. I had to upgrade from the 2GB one that came with it, so I got a 4GB one. I'll check what class it is. Can I switch it to save to the cart instead?

If you have a physical version then it should be saving to the cart...
It only saves to the SD if it's a downloaded version.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

cbkummer

206. Posted:

I have the physical. It says saving to the SD card when it saves. Maybe I'll check the manual. :-)

cbkummer

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

207. Posted:

I have a friend on my friends list that said the same thing about how long it saves. My first save took about 3 secs and my second on took just a bit longer. Maybe 5 secs. I have a class 10 SanDisk and its fast but my last class 10 was slow as all get out!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

BenAV

208. Posted:

The cartridge saves to the SD card?
Usually only stuff like StreetPass data saves to the SD card, so either that's what it's saving there or Monster Hunter's just different or something.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

ThomasBW84

209. Posted:

I believe it saves to the SD card regardless or whether you have the cart version (can't say I paid close attention!). The good thing is that cheap SD cards with high capacity are plentiful in Amazon, but you should aim for ones with a high-ish class rating. Basic stuff is on the cart, I reckon, but the SD card saving would make sense due to the extensive DLC etc saving to it; I imagine the game wants all data in one place as far as possible.

Editor - Nintendo Life

Currently playing (3DS) - EMBARGOED (again)
Currently playing (Wii U) - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Currently playing (PS3) - Bioshock Infinite
Currently playing (Vita) - Thomas Was Alone

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3469-6599 | Nintendo Network ID: ThomasBW84 | Twitter: ThomasBW84

AuthorMessage

BenAV

210. Posted:

ThomasBW84 wrote:

I believe it saves to the SD card regardless or whether you have the cart version (can't say I paid close attention!).

I wish all 3DS games did that.
Then I wouldn't lose all my data every time I lose my game cartridges which I'm becoming very good at. :P

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

211. Posted:

ThomasBW84 wrote:

I believe it saves to the SD card regardless or whether you have the cart version (can't say I paid close attention!). The good thing is that cheap SD cards with high capacity are plentiful in Amazon, but you should aim for ones with a high-ish class rating. Basic stuff is on the cart, I reckon, but the SD card saving would make sense due to the extensive DLC etc saving to it; I imagine the game wants all data in one place as far as possible.

Over at the Etrain Odyssey IV thread, there is a discussion where the downloaded version of the game takes about 3-4 seconds to save whereas everyone who has the cartridge is reporting a 10-12 second wait to save. That was my only thinking in mentioning the cartridge version here. Interesting. I'm not sure what speed SD card I have. I do know it was very inexpensive, lol.

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Fiv3Score

212. Posted:

It's saves to the SD regardless. DLC too

Friend Code: 2079-6472-7639
My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=104579
Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (pre-ordered)

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6472-7639

AuthorMessage

Fiv3Score

213. Posted:

Gustoff wrote:

Got the game yesterday. WOW! I spent about an hour creating my character, getting to know the villagers from Moga Village and did about 4 small quests. There is tons of content on this game that i can already tell. This is my first MH game and i'm glad i went ahead and bought it. So looking forward to upgrading my weapons and armor to make cool stuff.

Also, there was already DLC available yesterday when i checked. But i didn't see the monsters that i was supposed to kill. I think it was 50 monsters of a certain kind. Can't remember the name though. Does anybody know anything about this DLC that was released yesterday? Also, there were some Guild Backgrounds? What are those for? Remember, i'm new to MH so, that's why all the questions. :)

The only DLC is bulfango quest I think. download all the extras too, helps out when starting out. Guild backgrounds are for your guild card :) I wish they had more character customization options for face and hair, so many are missing from previous versions

Friend Code: 2079-6472-7639
My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=104579
Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (pre-ordered)

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6472-7639

AuthorMessage

pixelman

214. Posted:

Absolutely love this so far. I put nearly 200 hours into Tri so I know my way around, but the new graphics and UI are very nice and helps make things feel fresh. The controls are a dream (except underwater, unfortunately). I really wish Capcom would update it with online, but I had a blast solo'ing Tri so I'm not complaining too much about its absence.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa

AuthorMessage

MYNISTA

215. Posted:

Amazing game...I was also a Tri player. This game feels fresh, and since I have an imported CPP XL...controls are awesome! If you are on the fence abt buying this game...get it!

GameBruh.Com [Tumblr]
Gamer. Rapper. Jesus Freak.

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6041-3710 | Twitter: Mynista

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

216. Posted:

MYNISTA wrote:

Amazing game...I was also a Tri player. This game feels fresh, and since I have an imported CPP XL...controls are awesome! If you are on the fence abt buying this game...get it!

why does it feel fresh?

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394
Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B

AuthorMessage

MYNISTA

217. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

MYNISTA wrote:

why does it feel fresh?

Well for one...it's in my hand! And then all of the tweaks and additions. Plus I bailed out of Tri early on...ditched it for Phantasy Star Portable 2. So I was away from it for a while.

GameBruh.Com [Tumblr]
Gamer. Rapper. Jesus Freak.

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6041-3710 | Twitter: Mynista

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

218. Posted:

MYNISTA wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

MYNISTA wrote:

why does it feel fresh?

Well for one...it's in my hand! And then all of the tweaks and additions. Plus I bailed out of Tri early on...ditched it for Phantasy Star Portable 2. So I was away from it for a while.

hm i played tri for like 60 hours or so. dont know could have been more.
i really liked the demo on the 3ds, but i doubt i will have as much fun with it as with the wii version. no online is really sad. i dont have anyone to play with for local multiplayer.
i lost interest atfer getting the barroth armour and some gaiarch crystal hammer i think. it took so long to get a proper armour. had to beat that barroth like 30 times :(
does it still take so long to get all the stuff?

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

AuthorMessage

BenAV

219. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

it took so long to get a proper armour. had to beat that barroth like 30 times :(

I have Barroth armour in 3 Ultimate and I've only had to kill it six times.
Plus the last four times were only to cut its tail because I kept getting unlucky with it giving me Ridges instead of Tails.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

220. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

it took so long to get a proper armour. had to beat that barroth like 30 times :(

I have Barroth armour in 3 Ultimate and I've only had to kill it six times.
Plus the last four times were only to cut its tail because I kept getting unlucky with it giving me Ridges instead of Tails.

hm...
maybe i was just (damn) unlucky. or they changed the amount of stuff you need to get armour and weapons.