Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 181 to 200 of 612

GuardianKing

Fiv3Score wrote:

Ark_Sin wrote:

Is this game Pokemon-esque (in the sense where there's no real ending)?

Do you just go around hunting monsters in different fields to upgrade your character/weapons/armor/etc.?

basically yes, there's no real ending. you can keep going on forever, even after finishing all the quests and collecting every item in the game

How about new quests through DLC/Spotpass?

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Gustoff

Got the game yesterday. WOW! I spent about an hour creating my character, getting to know the villagers from Moga Village and did about 4 small quests. There is tons of content on this game that i can already tell. This is my first MH game and i'm glad i went ahead and bought it. So looking forward to upgrading my weapons and armor to make cool stuff.

Also, there was already DLC available yesterday when i checked. But i didn't see the monsters that i was supposed to kill. I think it was 50 monsters of a certain kind. Can't remember the name though. Does anybody know anything about this DLC that was released yesterday? Also, there were some Guild Backgrounds? What are those for? Remember, i'm new to MH so, that's why all the questions.

3DS FC: 1805-2174-4646
3DS Name: Gustoff
AC:NL Dream Code: 4000-2538-6016

Neptune

The Guild Backgrounds are for your Guild Card I believe. It's used when you go Port Tanzia and can be exhanged during local play.

Neptune

ThomasBW84

Gustoff wrote:

Got the game yesterday. WOW! I spent about an hour creating my character, getting to know the villagers from Moga Village and did about 4 small quests. There is tons of content on this game that i can already tell. This is my first MH game and i'm glad i went ahead and bought it. So looking forward to upgrading my weapons and armor to make cool stuff.

Also, there was already DLC available yesterday when i checked. But i didn't see the monsters that i was supposed to kill. I think it was 50 monsters of a certain kind. Can't remember the name though. Does anybody know anything about this DLC that was released yesterday? Also, there were some Guild Backgrounds? What are those for? Remember, i'm new to MH so, that's why all the questions.

If you go to the second tab (to the right) in your menu (hit Select), you'll see a guild card option. This essentially shows information on your exploits, and you can customise the background and character description, some of which are DLC. When playing online in future you can send these to other gamers — they're used in StreetPass on 3DS, too.

To access the DLC Quests you need to go to Port Tanzia (speak to the cat at the bottom left of Moga Village). You can go to solo, multiplayer or online areas of the port, but in any case your DLC quests should pop up in the Tavern area here; speak to the arena quest and HR quest characters in the tavern, and the DLC will be in the bottom category in each.

Hope that helps

Editor - Nintendo Life

Currently playing (3DS) - Fire Emblem: Awakening, again
Currently playing (Wii U) - EMBARGOED
Currently playing (PS4) - Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Currently playing (Vita) - Erm, nothing at the mo, but have some goodies in my bac...

Nintendo Network ID: ThomasBW84 | Twitter:

Rapido

Dang! Why can't I register the game on my Club Nintendo account. Its saying that the game is still not released. T_T

"Error! This game or system has not yet been released. To register, please return after this game or system has been officially released. To find out this game or systems' official release date, visit www.nintendo.com."

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

6ch6ris6

what is this creepy little girl everybody is talking about?
pix or didnt happen !

Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
waiting for Nintendo to release a new handheld

Spoony_Tech

6ch6ris6 wrote:

what is this creepy little girl everybody is talking about?
pix or didnt happen !

She is on the title screen when the logo turns around. Little blonde girl that doesn't fit the rest of the games characters.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Gustoff

@ThomasBW84
Thanks! That does help. I did talk to the cat Neko last night but didn't venture into the Solo option. I'll make sure to do that today. I'll check out the guild backgrounds today. Awesomeness! Thanks again.

3DS FC: 1805-2174-4646
3DS Name: Gustoff
AC:NL Dream Code: 4000-2538-6016

MERG

@Tech...how is the game so far? I am chomping at the bit but trying to hold off on getting it for a couple weeks.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

@Tech...how is the game so far? I am chomping at the bit but trying to hold off on getting it for a couple weeks.

It looks great! Better then the wii version for sure. I'm having fun so far. I tried a peco quest on the local online part as my first quest with no items but what was in the box and barely failed it lol. Stock weapon and armor and that stupid bird kept calling in help as it was a monster I've never seen but it never hit me more then once. Just that one mission alone was fun though and it was just me out there so he was focused solely on me! I can see myself losing many hours into this game all over again! Darn you Capcom. Don't you know I have other games I want to play!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MYNISTA

Rapido wrote:

Dang! Why can't I register the game on my Club Nintendo account. Its saying that the game is still not released. T_T

"Error! This game or system has not yet been released. To register, please return after this game or system has been officially released. To find out this game or systems' official release date, visit www.nintendo.com."

Same here!

GameBruh.Com [Tumblr]
Gamer. Rapper. Jesus Freak.

Twitter:

Scollurio

Picking up mine on friday (PAL) so can't wait. Argh.

There is no knowledge, that is not power.

Twitter:

MERG

Tech101 wrote:

It looks great! Better then the wii version for sure. I'm having fun so far. I tried a peco quest on the local online part as my first quest with no items but what was in the box and barely failed it lol. Stock weapon and armor and that stupid bird kept calling in help as it was a monster I've never seen but it never hit me more then once. Just that one mission alone was fun though and it was just me out there so he was focused solely on me! I can see myself losing many hours into this game all over again! Darn you Capcom. Don't you know I have other games I want to play!

Cool...I am sooo looking forward to this.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Scollurio

Any chance someone could put that PDF up somewhere to make it available for us all to download?

There is no knowledge, that is not power.

Twitter:

Rapido

I just bought a new guitar and its just sitting on the corner of my room eating dust. its all because of you Monster Hunter!!!

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

cbkummer

I have the 3DS version, and I've noticed that saving my game takes a long time. I've clocked it at 1 minute, 20 seconds. Anybody else notice this?

cbkummer

ThomasBW84

cbkummer wrote:

I have the 3DS version, and I've noticed that saving my game takes a long time. I've clocked it at 1 minute, 20 seconds. Anybody else notice this?

Yikes, I never had a save take that long. Do you have a low-class SD card in your 3DS, or is it the one that came with the system?

Editor - Nintendo Life

Currently playing (3DS) - Fire Emblem: Awakening, again
Currently playing (Wii U) - EMBARGOED
Currently playing (PS4) - Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Currently playing (Vita) - Erm, nothing at the mo, but have some goodies in my bac...

Nintendo Network ID: ThomasBW84 | Twitter:

bezerker99

cbkummer wrote:

I have the 3DS version, and I've noticed that saving my game takes a long time. I've clocked it at 1 minute, 20 seconds. Anybody else notice this?

Not me. I have the 3DS version on cartridge and it takes just a few more seconds to save than the Wii version...at least it seems that way to me. No way does it take as long as yours does. D:

"Everyone gets old but not everyone gets great!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
Kapp'n doesn't give a squid
My name in a video game
My name in a video game thread

Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter:

cbkummer

I might have a crappy SD card, I got it as a gift. I had to upgrade from the 2GB one that came with it, so I got a 4GB one. I'll check what class it is. Can I switch it to save to the cart instead?

cbkummer

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic