3DS Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Discussion

Showing 181 to 200 of 556

AuthorMessage

ultraraichu

181. Posted:

Got my copy. Apparently mines was the last one, so I ended up with the box on display. Weird since I preorder but that's what I get for picking it up after 6:00 at the only GameStop within a mile from my workplace.

@Gustoff @Fiv3Score Yep it can be downloaded as a PDF. About 524 page worth of info. Have to sign up to their page though to enter and download.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
C.S Lewis

3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

AuthorMessage

Fiv3Score

182. Posted:

Yeah, you're right.. it's 524 pages! Thought it said 250 :/ I'll see if i can get it onto my phone, though it's going to be too tiny to read probably. have to keep zooming in.. I haven't played the game yet, just opened it and popped it into the slot to 'fill the hole' (my first retail 3ds game! ). Too busy at school, and I know if I start playing now I won't be able to stop haha

Friend Code: 2079-6472-7639
My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=104579
Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (pre-ordered)

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6472-7639

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

183. Posted:

Is this game Pokemon-esque (in the sense where there's no real ending)?

Do you just go around hunting monsters in different fields to upgrade your character/weapons/armor/etc.?

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Fiv3Score

184. Posted:

Ark_Sin wrote:

Do you just go around hunting monsters in different fields to upgrade your character/weapons/armor/etc.?

basically yes, there's no real ending. you can keep going on forever, even after finishing all the quests and collecting every item in the game

Edited on by Fiv3Score

Mario Kart 7

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

185. Posted:

Fiv3Score wrote:

Ark_Sin wrote:

basically yes, there's no real ending. you can keep going on forever, even after finishing all the quests and collecting every item in the game

How about new quests through DLC/Spotpass?

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Fiv3Score

186. Posted:

Yes I think so, for the 3ds version

Mario Kart 7

AuthorMessage

Gustoff

187. Posted:

Got the game yesterday. WOW! I spent about an hour creating my character, getting to know the villagers from Moga Village and did about 4 small quests. There is tons of content on this game that i can already tell. This is my first MH game and i'm glad i went ahead and bought it. So looking forward to upgrading my weapons and armor to make cool stuff.

Also, there was already DLC available yesterday when i checked. But i didn't see the monsters that i was supposed to kill. I think it was 50 monsters of a certain kind. Can't remember the name though. Does anybody know anything about this DLC that was released yesterday? Also, there were some Guild Backgrounds? What are those for? Remember, i'm new to MH so, that's why all the questions. :)

3DS FC: 1805-2174-4646
3DS Name: Gustoff
AC:NL Dream Code: 4000-2538-6016

AuthorMessage

Kuuko

188. Posted:

The Guild Backgrounds are for your Guild Card I believe. It's used when you go Port Tanzia and can be exhanged during local play.

Capcom-Unity: BAKA

AuthorMessage

ThomasBW84

189. Posted:

Gustoff wrote:

Got the game yesterday. WOW! I spent about an hour creating my character, getting to know the villagers from Moga Village and did about 4 small quests. There is tons of content on this game that i can already tell. This is my first MH game and i'm glad i went ahead and bought it. So looking forward to upgrading my weapons and armor to make cool stuff.

Also, there was already DLC available yesterday when i checked. But i didn't see the monsters that i was supposed to kill. I think it was 50 monsters of a certain kind. Can't remember the name though. Does anybody know anything about this DLC that was released yesterday? Also, there were some Guild Backgrounds? What are those for? Remember, i'm new to MH so, that's why all the questions. :)

If you go to the second tab (to the right) in your menu (hit Select), you'll see a guild card option. This essentially shows information on your exploits, and you can customise the background and character description, some of which are DLC. When playing online in future you can send these to other gamers — they're used in StreetPass on 3DS, too.

To access the DLC Quests you need to go to Port Tanzia (speak to the cat at the bottom left of Moga Village). You can go to solo, multiplayer or online areas of the port, but in any case your DLC quests should pop up in the Tavern area here; speak to the arena quest and HR quest characters in the tavern, and the DLC will be in the bottom category in each.

Hope that helps :)

Editor - Nintendo Life

Currently playing (3DS) - EMBARGOED (again)
Currently playing (Wii U) - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Currently playing (PS3) - Bioshock Infinite
Currently playing (Vita) - Thomas Was Alone

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3469-6599 | Nintendo Network ID: ThomasBW84 | Twitter: ThomasBW84

AuthorMessage

Rapido

190. Posted:

Dang! Why can't I register the game on my Club Nintendo account. Its saying that the game is still not released. T_T

"Error! This game or system has not yet been released. To register, please return after this game or system has been officially released. To find out this game or systems' official release date, visit www.nintendo.com."

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

191. Posted:

what is this creepy little girl everybody is talking about?
pix or didnt happen !

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

192. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

what is this creepy little girl everybody is talking about?
pix or didnt happen !

She is on the title screen when the logo turns around. Little blonde girl that doesn't fit the rest of the games characters.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Gustoff

193. Posted:

@ThomasBW84
Thanks! That does help. I did talk to the cat Neko last night but didn't venture into the Solo option. I'll make sure to do that today. I'll check out the guild backgrounds today. Awesomeness! Thanks again. :)

3DS FC: 1805-2174-4646
3DS Name: Gustoff
AC:NL Dream Code: 4000-2538-6016

AuthorMessage

MERG

194. Posted:

@Tech...how is the game so far? I am chomping at the bit but trying to hold off on getting it for a couple weeks.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

195. Posted:

MERG wrote:

@Tech...how is the game so far? I am chomping at the bit but trying to hold off on getting it for a couple weeks.

It looks great! Better then the wii version for sure. I'm having fun so far. I tried a peco quest on the local online part as my first quest with no items but what was in the box and barely failed it lol. Stock weapon and armor and that stupid bird kept calling in help as it was a monster I've never seen but it never hit me more then once. Just that one mission alone was fun though and it was just me out there so he was focused solely on me! I can see myself losing many hours into this game all over again! Darn you Capcom. Don't you know I have other games I want to play! ;)

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

MYNISTA

196. Posted:

Rapido wrote:

Dang! Why can't I register the game on my Club Nintendo account. Its saying that the game is still not released. T_T

"Error! This game or system has not yet been released. To register, please return after this game or system has been officially released. To find out this game or systems' official release date, visit www.nintendo.com."

Same here!

GameBruh.Com [Tumblr]
Gamer. Rapper. Jesus Freak.

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6041-3710 | Twitter: Mynista

AuthorMessage

Scollurio

197. Posted:

Picking up mine on friday (PAL) so can't wait. Argh.

No regrets.

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0104-5998

AuthorMessage

MERG

198. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

It looks great! Better then the wii version for sure. I'm having fun so far. I tried a peco quest on the local online part as my first quest with no items but what was in the box and barely failed it lol. Stock weapon and armor and that stupid bird kept calling in help as it was a monster I've never seen but it never hit me more then once. Just that one mission alone was fun though and it was just me out there so he was focused solely on me! I can see myself losing many hours into this game all over again! Darn you Capcom. Don't you know I have other games I want to play! ;)

Cool...I am sooo looking forward to this.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Scollurio

199. Posted:

Any chance someone could put that PDF up somewhere to make it available for us all to download?

No regrets.

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0104-5998

AuthorMessage

Rapido

200. Posted:

I just bought a new guitar and its just sitting on the corner of my room eating dust. its all because of you Monster Hunter!!!

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw