3DS Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Discussion

Showing 121 to 140 of 557

AuthorMessage

BenAV

121. Posted:

andreoni79 wrote:

Usually the eshop updates only at 3 pm, at least in Italy. that means 10-12 pm in Australia...

That's pretty crappy if the people who opt for a digital copy have to wait that much longer after the game's released to get it.
I know the regular Thursday eShop update is usually in the early hours of the morning here but I was hoping that it might be a bit different for a retail download on a Friday.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

122. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

Does anyone know what time the European eShop will be updated with this on Friday?
I'm in Australia, downloading from somewhere in Europe and want to make sure I download as soon as it's up so I can get some grinding in before our launch on Saturday. :P

Of course I'm in NA but from what I can tell 3rd parties haven't got the midnight treatment like Nintendo gives the first party games. I've had to wait till the normal shop updates on any day the game is suppose to release. My main reason for this post though is I've heard the file size is Hugh and almost 14k With my experience at downloads that for me anyways is over a two hour download. Castlevaina was an hour and 25mins for me and I know people that were waiting even longer then that to get it and it was somewhere in the 11k range!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

BenAV

123. Posted:

I guess the worst case scenario is that it goes up in the early hours of Saturday morning, takes a couple of hours to download and I would have it by somewhere between 3-5am... that'd give me a good 5-7 hours to get started before I head into the city to play with friends.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RoryLee

124. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Does anyone know what time the European eShop will be updated with this on Friday?
I'm in Australia, downloading from somewhere in Europe and want to make sure I download as soon as it's up so I can get some grinding in before our launch on Saturday. :P

Of course I'm in NA but from what I can tell 3rd parties haven't got the midnight treatment like Nintendo gives the first party games. I've had to wait till the normal shop updates on any day the game is suppose to release. My main reason for this post though is I've heard the file size is Hugh and almost 14k With my experience at downloads that for me anyways is over a two hour download. Castlevaina was an hour and 25mins for me and I know people that were waiting even longer then that to get it and it was somewhere in the 11k range!

I sure hope that its available at midnight. The average time for downloading WiiU games have been around 6 to 8 hours for me, with the install time only being around 20 minutes or so. It would be great to get the game downloading while I'm off sleeping. :)

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

125. Posted:

@RoryLee This game might be the exception but somehow I doubt it. I'm pretty sure I won't be playing it till around 2pm eastern time!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

126. Posted:

Heh, I have a way to avoid all that. Retail.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

Mizore

127. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

andreoni79 wrote:

Usually the eshop updates only at 3 pm, at least in Italy. that means 10-12 pm in Australia...

That's pretty crappy if the people who opt for a digital copy have to wait that much longer after the game's released to get it.
I know the regular Thursday eShop update is usually in the early hours of the morning here but I was hoping that it might be a bit different for a retail download on a Friday.

When it comes to retail games, they're up at midnight. I've bought a few digitally before, so yeah. (Paper Mario and NSMB2) I think they're uploaded into the eShop last Thursday, and you just can't access the download until the 19th hits.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

BenAV

128. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

When it comes to retail games, they're up at midnight. I've bought a few digitally before, so yeah. (Paper Mario and NSMB2) I think they're uploaded into the eShop last Thursday, and you just can't access the download until the 19th hits.

Good to know.
Hopefully it'll be like that with the European eShop this week so I'll be able to download it Friday afternoon rather than waiting till Saturday.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

129. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

BenAV wrote:

andreoni79 wrote:

Like I said in an earlier post that's first party only. Castlevaina and Etrian Odyssey didn't hit till next day at noon. Trust me I was up at midnight and they didn't show!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

130. Posted:

Sorry to ask this question if it has been asked and answered before, but has there been any info on if the NA version will be able to play online? Or will I only be able to play online with the Wii U version?

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

131. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Sorry to ask this question if it has been asked and answered before, but has there been any info on if the NA version will be able to play online? Or will I only be able to play online with the Wii U version?

At this time I don't think they said anything about it happening over here yet. In Japan and I think Europe but I don't think they have even announced the cpp for the Xl over here yet!

It doesn't really matter though because I believe you're getting both versions and you can't play both online at the same time anyways.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

132. Posted:

Yeah I am getting both versions it just that until the off tv game play patch comes out in April I will probably be playing this game mostly on my 3DS, due to the fact that my Wii U is hooked up to the main tv, along with the Xbox, Blu Ray player, satellite etc. Yeah you can see where the problem will be.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

BenAV

133. Posted:

@Tasuki At least it's not a long wait till the patch.
So glad they're adding off TV play to the Wii U version, it was really necessary.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Mizore

134. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

BenAV wrote:

andreoni79 wrote:

Like I said in an earlier post that's first party only. Castlevaina and Etrian Odyssey didn't hit till next day at noon. Trust me I was up at midnight and they didn't show!

Oh, I guess its up to the developers/publishers themselves...?

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

MAB

135. Posted:

I could imagine trying to play this on the original 3DS would be a painful torture on the eyes and hands.

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

136. Posted:

@Erica_Hartmann I'm not sure if they have a choice or not. I'm sure they could request that it happens. As big as a release as Monster Hunter is though I wouldn't be totally surprised to see it hit at midnight. I'm still checking either way.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

BenAV

137. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I could imagine trying to play this on the original 3DS would be a painful torture on the eyes and hands.

I've watched someone play the Japanese game on a regular 3DS before... it actually looks quite fine.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MAB

138. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I've watched someone play the Japanese game on a regular 3DS before... it actually looks quite fine.

Yeah but you haven't tried it for a extended period of time mate ;) check-out 6:00 of video comparison.

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

AuthorMessage

BenAV

139. Posted:

@MadAussieBloke I just watched it and I don't see what the problem is with playing for extended period of times.
Is it the whole digging into your hands thing?
Because if so, I've played many games on my 3DS for extended periods of time without issues, and if you're playing Monster Hunter without a Circle Pad Pro then you're doing it wrong. :P

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MAB

140. Posted:

Yeah you're right mate... Probably wouldn't be playing for very long because the battery will die after 20 minutes ;)