3DS Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Discussion

Showing 101 to 120 of 556

AuthorMessage

Fiv3Score

101. Posted:

I have to say, after playing MH Freedom Unite (PSP) on the PS Vita, this game looks absolutely beautiful. The dynamic shadows, detailed character and monster models are such an improvement from the previous handheld versions.

Some thoughts on the 3DS game... being able to organize items and view the map on the bottom screen is a great convenience. The only thing I found hard to adjust to is the circle pads placement (above the d-pad compared to below it on a PSP/Vita). But of course it's something I'll get used to. And we WILL be able to customize the touchscreen d-pad to our liking in the full game (both size and position)! It should suffice until I can get a hold of a CPP XL.

Edited on by Fiv3Score

Friend Code: 2079-6472-7639
My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=104579
Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (pre-ordered)

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6472-7639

AuthorMessage

Fiv3Score

102. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Is anyone familiar with tunnelling software (xlink kai, etc.)? last I checked no one had gotten it to work on 3DS, but it someone did we could go online through that.

It does not work, and Kai developers will most likely not support the 3ds due to Nintendo's WiFi connection choices. I asked this question myself because it WOULD be awesome if it worked. I have a wifimax and Kai set up from playing MHF2 on my psp back in the day. I will most likely not buy a Wii U just to play this online

Edited on by Fiv3Score

Mario Kart 7

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

103. Posted:

Can Wii U players play with 3DS players with that special app you can get?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

104. Posted:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Can Wii U players play with 3DS players with that special app you can get?

It's confusing really. If you have a 3ds player connected to the wii U for online xthen the wii U version can't be played. The 3ds player has to have a wii U to play it online plus the modem to connect to the internet. Now locally you can play with a 3ds and a wii U out of the box I believe!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

105. Posted:

Fivescore wrote:

Some thoughts on the 3DS game... being able to organize items and view the map on the bottom screen is a great convenience. The only thing I found hard to adjust to is the circle pads placement (above the d-pad compared to below it on a PSP/Vita). But of course it's something I'll get used to. And we WILL be able to customize the touchscreen d-pad to our liking in the full game (both size and position)! It should suffice until I can get a hold of a CPP XL.

d-pad above circle pad wouldnt make any sense. that's why i dont like the dualshock controllers anymore.

too bad we couldnt try out the adjustments to the touchscreen in the demo. it is a really nice feature!

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Fiv3Score

106. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Fivescore wrote:

d-pad above circle pad wouldnt make any sense. that's why i dont like the dualshock controllers anymore.

too bad we couldnt try out the adjustments to the touchscreen in the demo. it is a really nice feature!

I agree, but that's just what im used to from playing on the psp. Hurt your hands like hell after a while though..

Mario Kart 7

AuthorMessage

Irysse

107. Posted:

I'm pretty sure someone's already asked this, but will there be any multiplayer-only quests? It's gonna suck to have these awesome quests I'll never be able to play unless one of my friends miraculously also picks up the game.

Currently playing: Style Savvy: Trendsetters, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Waiting for: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Kuuko

108. Posted:

I'm not sure if there's multiplayer only quests in 3U, but I do know Tri had some quests that could only be completed with the help of other players due to time constraints. One quest involved delivering several wyvern Eggs within 15 minutes which could not be accomplished alone, while another quest had you gather a numerous amount of materials within the same time frame.

Capcom-Unity: BAKA

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

109. Posted:

Astraea wrote:

I'm not sure if there's multiplayer only quests in 3U, but I do know Tri had some quests that could only be completed with the help of other players due to time constraints. One quest involved delivering several wyvern Eggs within 15 minutes which could not be accomplished alone, while another quest had you gather a numerous amount of materials within the same time frame.

There's a couple of downloadables where you fight multiplayer versions of certain monsters. I think there's one for one of the Jhen's (can't remember which one) and Stygian Zinogre. I think I heard there's on for Brachy too, not sure.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Kuuko

110. Posted:

You mean multiple monsters? I already knew that. Besides, most of those quests significantly reduce the amount of health of the monsters to compensate for their numbers.

Edited on by Kuuko

AuthorMessage

Fiv3Score

111. Posted:

http://www.ebgames.ca/3ds/games/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-wit...

In case anyone hasn't noticed, ebgames is now offering a free digital guide with the pre-order of either version of mh3u!

Edited on by Fiv3Score

Mario Kart 7

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

112. Posted:

Astraea wrote:

You mean multiple monsters? I already knew that. Besides, most of those quests significantly reduce the amount of health of the monsters to compensate for their numbers.

No, the most popular example is the Stygian Zinogre quest at the Volcano...you can solo it, but it is very hard...he was built for multiplayer. It's basically what he would be like if he was Tri's High Rank online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFduV6tPVPc&list=PLC5CABFC...

If this was regular Stygian, he'd probably be dead in like...5 minutes or whatever, lol.

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

Kuuko

113. Posted:

...So you can still solo them. Like people soloing High Rank Jhen or Mega Alatreon. He was asking if there were multiplayer only quests and I provided him with examples from Tri.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

114. Posted:

Oh, well when I think multiplayer quests for Ultimate, that's what I'm thinking. Monsters with increased health and attack.
And yeah you can solo him, but its going to take you like...almost the entire quest most likely.

AuthorMessage

Dan-Jo-Dan

115. Posted:

I tried the demo on my 3DS XL and found the text really hard to read, Anyone else?

Dan-Jo-Dan

AuthorMessage

Fiv3Score

116. Posted:

The text seems fine for me on the 3ds xl. Is it the 3D that's making it hard for you to read?

Edited on by Fiv3Score

Mario Kart 7

AuthorMessage

Gustoff

117. Posted:

Has anyone else thought of how cool this is, that next week, we'll be playing a game that was made for the Nintendo Wii. I never really thought of it that way, we're playing what was essentially a Wii game, on our handheld system. WOW! How long we've come. Another example of this is Metal Gear Solid 3D, which I have, in that it is a game made for the Playstation 2. I know these are ports and all, but i welcome these awesome games on my awesome portable 3DS. :) Can't wait for the 19th!!!

3DS FC: 1805-2174-4646
3DS Name: Gustoff
AC:NL Dream Code: 4000-2538-6016

AuthorMessage

Irysse

118. Posted:

As a new MH fan, I gotta say I'm also really excited. Can't wait to gun down every single walking thing, especially with a friend or two!

Currently playing: Style Savvy: Trendsetters, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Waiting for: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

BenAV

119. Posted:

Does anyone know what time the European eShop will be updated with this on Friday?
I'm in Australia, downloading from somewhere in Europe and want to make sure I download as soon as it's up so I can get some grinding in before our launch on Saturday. :P

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

andreoni79

120. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

Does anyone know what time the European eShop will be updated with this on Friday?
I'm in Australia, downloading from somewhere in Europe and want to make sure I download as soon as it's up so I can get some grinding in before our launch on Saturday. :P

Usually the eshop updates only at 3 pm, at least in Italy. that means 10-12 pm in Australia...

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0122-8322