Forums

Topic: Minecraft on 3DS ?

Posts 81 to 99 of 99

Justaguest

Geonjaha wrote:

Justaguest wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Lol...we're here as gamers. We game to have fun.
But as soon as theres a possibility that a game is so fun that you just put a lot of time into it - it must be disregarded? Lol
Anyway - my answer is no. 3DS doesnt need Minecraft. PC version is the best - if you want to play it, play it there.

[/div]

Its not good for game to be endless in my opinion. i love minecraft but i also know i waste too much time on it as its up to you where to go and what to do. It just doesnt end. Its hard to stop. In Mario, you know that you are done after few levels. In Minecraft one simple idea can be turned into many hours.

Play what you want^^ There are still some people that dont dedicate their time entirely to games though. And i wanted to warn them a little bit. Not good for folks who like to spend their time outside hehe.

[/div]

Wow - you implied I dedicate all my time to games and dont go outside....burn?
No. If a game doesnt end and offers limitless fun - then it's all a game ever needs to be. Assuming of course that you're only paying for this game once and not following a subscription, a game that lasts a very long time is what all games should aim to be. All you need to do is control yourself and the time you play on games. If you dont have the self control to not play a game all day then you have issues whether or not you buy the game...

WOW! Calm down. Sorry I forgot you are perfect and have absolute self control not ever having trouble getting of your computer chair playing this game. For those not so perfect (like me) this game is kind of dangerous as its really addictive and could make you spend the whole weekend inside(WOW IT HAPPENS ZOMG). So yea for those imperfectionists with less discipline than Geonjaha. It can get very addictive. I guess im referring to casual players who havent tried this.. surprise.

Justaguest

theblackdragon

@Justaguest: No need to get nasty over it, Geonjaha does have a point — if you're spending all your time playing any one single game and doing nothing else at all, you do have a bigger problem at hand than just the game itself, but for those who are capable of setting limits for themselves and abiding by them, there's no problem with a limitless game like this. If you're having trouble with it, perhaps setting a timer would help you to keep better track of how long you're spending playing this game exactly? Or if your problem is truly serious, if you've got Windows you can go ahead and set the parental controls to not allow you to play certain games beyond a preset approved time limit each day — that could help to curb your habit maybe :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Chris720

Minecraft on 3DS... I could see this happening. But then I think of the wide open spaces and hordes of monsters which might cause an enormous amount of lag... but it could well work, after all the iPod Touch can handle it so surely the 3DS should be able to, yes?

Regardless of whether it can or not, I just don't see it ever coming to the 3DS in the first place.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

ElementalChaos

The 3DS simply isn't powerful enough to run full Minecraft, but a Pocket Edition-esque version could probably be done.

Well, MAYBE full survival mode could be done if they rewrote the game entirely, but it depends. The 3DS has no more than half the processing speed and RAM of an average smartphone these days.

But I don't see it happening either way, because apparently Mojang (makers of Minecraft) signed a contract with Micro$oft so that Minecraft could only be ported to the Xbox.

Edited on by ElementalChaos

My Squirtloggery

3DS FC: 0989-1731-9311

Squirtodile

ElementalChaos wrote:

The 3DS simply isn't powerful enough to run full Minecraft, but a Pocket Edition-esque version could probably be done.

Well, MAYBE full survival mode could be done if they rewrote the game entirely, but it depends. The 3DS has no more than half the processing speed and RAM of an average smartphone these days.

But I don't see it happening either way, because apparently Mojang (makers of Minecraft) signed a contract with Micro$oft so that Minecraft could only be ported to the Xbox.

Nice avatar and nice signature. (I've never seen you.)

And Minecraft would be awesome, but i'd be afraid of the run-time.

3DS FC: 2664-2122-1495

Mii Name- Matt

Squirtloggery

Geonjaha

Squirtodile wrote:

Nice avatar and nice signature. (I've never seen you.)

And Minecraft would be awesome, but i'd be afraid of the run-time.

Darn. Now I'll have to remember which one of you is which. >:3

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

atariman

I think that if Minecraft came to 3DS that would be very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but Mojang said that they will probably not because they don't know how to make it 3D.

atariman

Justaguest

theblackdragon wrote:

@Justaguest: No need to get nasty over it, Geonjaha does have a point — if you're spending all your time playing any one single game and doing nothing else at all, you do have a bigger problem at hand than just the game itself, but for those who are capable of setting limits for themselves and abiding by them, there's no problem with a limitless game like this. If you're having trouble with it, perhaps setting a timer would help you to keep better track of how long you're spending playing this game exactly? Or if your problem is truly serious, if you've got Windows you can go ahead and set the parental controls to not allow you to play certain games beyond a preset approved time limit each day — that could help to curb your habit maybe :3

I do have a point too. I meant to warn people with lack of self-control. But whatever.. I will stop now. Sorry if I overreacted.

Justaguest

EpicMonster

[quote=Samholy]ouch ! i agree, tnt in minecraft could give hard time to the 3ds. even my pc couldnt handle such madness.

they will surely put restrictions for this....
If nintendo found a way to make a screen pop out in 3D without having to ware special glasses, i think that they can find a way to make TNT work without any restrictions.

EpicMonster

3DS Friend Code: 1719-3826-0085

AlexSays

Ancient thread.

There are lots of bad ideas on this site (really though, like a ton).. but this is a good one. Even if the game has to be restricted like on mobile platforms, the portability and 3D nature would lend itself well to this sort of game.

With that said, until they make worlds available across different platforms, I've invested too much time in the PC version to care either way.

AlexSays

RyanOehrli

Isn't there a somewhat scaled down version available for iOS?

I write reviews and features for www.highscorereviews.com and www.pushsquare.com

Twitter:

Joeynator3000

All this necroposting...ugh.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

SkywardLink98

EpicMonster wrote:

If nintendo found a way to make a screen pop out in 3D without having to ware special glasses, i think that they can find a way to make TNT work without any restrictions.

If my PC has 8GB of RAM and can't handle lot's of TNT properly, the 3DS has no chance. Seriously, modern, high-end gaming PCs can't handle some of the TNT in it. The 3D really has nothing to do with this >.<

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

sugarpixel

I guess they need to find a way of making the TNT less memory-intensive, huh?

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

It doesn't HAVE to be exactly like the PC version, you know, lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

AutumnStars

I'd love to see starbound on 3ds instead of minecraft

AutumnStars

DawnOverALilly

3Ds minecraft would be fun but they would need to tone it down quite a few versions.

Even the 360 can't handle the full PC version.

Edited on by DawnOverALilly

Flandre- "I've been in the basement. For about 495 years."
Marisa- "That's sweet, I only get weekends off."
_
Marisa- It's so hot, I'm gonna die here.
Reimu- If you die, I'll feed your corpse to the birds.
Remilia- My, it'd be fine if you'd let me take care of tha...

ZombieEyes

BY THE WAY TERRARIA IS NOT ONLY ON XBOX ITS ACTUALLY BEEN ON PS3 FOR AWHILE,and if they could build a MC on 3ds it would sell like hotcakes
on sunday

ZombieEyes

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.