Forums

Topic: MiiVerse Freedom!

Posts 241 to 260 of 337

Klimbatize

The best part of fighting is making up.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

andybunn

I dont see the problem with being able ro play games with people on miiverse. There has to be away of sharing friends codes on there safely. I tjought the idea of miverse was to bring nintendo folk together

Boocooliotastic

Whydoievenbother

stanleecroup wrote:

I dont see the problem with being able ro play games with people on miiverse. There has to be away of sharing friends codes on there safely. I tjought the idea of miverse was to bring nintendo folk together

That was the INTENDED purpose. But only people in japan do that (the animal crossing chatroom is all japanese people doing fanart and asking for tips). AMERICANS on the other hand,(european people do it too, but they don't do it as much) use it for:
Dating
Troll messages
inapropriate jokes
random drawings that have nothing to do with the community
etc;

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

andybunn

Some of the art is actually quite good but most is rubbish and as you say pointless. I did post my fc on miiverse and got a warning. I do enjoy chating to other gamers on there but I find it abit limited. I feel that miiverse is just another advertising tool.

Boocooliotastic

LzWinky

To be honest, I'm a bit baffled by the no FC rule.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

HnD

Hi Mika, I don't think any of us have a bone to pick with you personally. I think - we think - you're pretty nice.

I want to let you know I got in a mini-tiff with OG last night, but am totally over it because, "Whaaa, he copied," sounds and is lame. But it was about all this lifting of our stuff. My congratulatory note got deleted; I'm like, "O.k."

If it wouldn't crush his pride, I'd have him throw Fluffy a bone for the inspiration. Or try to throw an olive branch, or something. It'd probably be a good humility building exercise. It is pretty cool to be emulated. So, thank you, and I'm glad people can join in and get that out of the game and our club(s).

Side-note: If you're mentoring him, you might step in and help him out sometimes in such cases. (Who has time for all that, I know.) But in one particular instance yesterday, I was annoyed that he called out the two EF guys as "unwanted." I tried to set up a place for us to discuss it called the "DMZ" (meaning 'no fighting') but attendance was not there. I've had plenty of episodes of my own, but the "unwanted" was out of bounds coming from the big man. I didn't even do that to Buck on his way out the door after he spent a full 24 hours trashing us. I do notice OG to be growing a bit chilly, and it's a potential opportunity to step in and steer him a bit warmer. He'll see the benefit in the long run.

Back to my day off. Salud.
Dave

Fluffmeister D a.k.a. Hokuto no Dave 北 デイビッド 斗七死騎兵斬 Dave North Dipper Seven Cavalry Thrusting Attack FC 4570-8751-4604 Sub Wars Merciful Keel Smash Over Knee スチールダイバーサブウォーズ慈悲深い膝かけスマッシュキープ glorious technique

Mika1999

Hi Dave... I appreciate you guy don't have a "bone" to pick w/me. Would you believe @ one time I wanted to be in "Fluffy"?? Think of it.. maybe even OG.. too. As 'TM' Ambassador I try my best to get OG to be thoughtful. Some days I don't seem to reach him. We've been under Attack for so long with the double loyalty it's not hard to be distant with peeps.. You guys react the same way too. Even if I could redirect OG to a more positive direction and I do try.. since like I've always said.. there are young peeps on miiv that don't understand the 'BS' of life.

The issue with the copying.. I understand what your saying.. To be copied is the nicest form of flattery.. But like in one of your own posts.. Fluffy was expressing the concern of players not feeling important enough.. High enough position.. or etc.. All Clan's go thru that and as much as we are about having fun and just playing.. OG took it to a different direction for the same reasons as you guys.. We're not that much different... Klimb and I are a like in the way that it's hard to let go of a good chewing.. Don't argue Klimb.. you know it's true We just don't like taking crap.. bottom line, even tho we do sometimes...

Anyway I thought Klimb was having the same knee jerk reaction (no pun intended I promise) as OG.. Because of everyone attacking from all directions.. Peeps are frazzled to be sure.. thinking their all targets.. I am NOT trying on purpose to make Klimb feel attacked or singled out. I don't seem to communicate just right but I keep trying but keep hitting a wall...

Yes to shorthand the English language is wrong... But I'm just trying to keep up with post that are flying off the wall without any thought of what they are saying... I don't think I could be an Admin on MiiVerse.. The restrictions are Bull Cr*p and premature of the ability to communicate are almost stone age at best...

Thanks for your words Dave...

Mika~

Edited on by Mika1999

FC: 3797-6993-0627

NEW: OG's FC: 0662 - 5083 - 5208

Mika1999

Klimbatize wrote:

Only if you bring the drinks... And no kids allowed!!! How many you have Klimb?

J-Manix98

I agree. I've been banned on multiple occasions for "Hateful Bullying" when all I did was say that someone was being a troll (when they obviously were). I was just recently "Permanently Restricted" from interacting with Miiverse altogether because of a troll.

I refuse to be controlled by admins who think trolling is okay, as long as it's "passive aggressive". Also, I think more context should be read by the admins, to ensure there warnings/banning for Hateful Bullying are justified.

Also, since when is a fart joke "Sexually Explicit"? I literally got banned once because I drew a fart joke comic. No bad language, no "Sexually Explicit" images, just a stupid fart joke cartoon!

I know it's just a small, silly, community... But The admins must be put in there place! They can't expect us to give in opinion on games if our opinions get us trolled and banned!

Lets make this happen people!!

"Oh, Gimme that fun-ky milk!"

3DS FC: 1349 - 7754 - 5401

3DS Friend Code: 1349-7754-5401

DefHalan

I don't get the point of this thread. You have to agree to the terms and conditions for Miiverse in order to use it and you guys don't like what you agreed to so you want Nintendo to change it? Is that what I am understanding here?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

J-Manix98

Side note: I just e-mailed Nintendo to see if they would un-ban me. I was wronged by a troll, and then by an Administrator, and the fact that they banned ME is just silly and completely unfair!

I don't want to be the guy who got Permanently banned from Miiverse.

J-Manix98

@DefHalan

No, we're sick of being banned by admins whenever we slip up! We can't always be expected to put on a fake smiley face when people are being jerks, and trolling!

DefHalan

JellySplat wrote:

@DefHalan

No, we're sick of being banned by admins whenever we slip up! We can't always be expected to put on a fake smiley face when people are being jerks, and trolling!

Don't feed the trolls. If people are being trolls they are probably the ones reporting you. They probably find it funny to see your post has been deleted by admins. I know I have reported some people because I felt they were attacking me, even if it wasn't obvious to them. Just be careful. If you aren't breaking the rules then they can't ban you.

J-Manix98

Yes well, I fell for this one particular troll's bait, and got permanently banned. My ONE slip up, and I'm no longer allowed on Miiverse again, EVER.

I E-Mailed Nintendo to further explain my plight, but I doubt they'll help me.

I am just sick of things like: "A drawing that has two round objects in it" getting banned for being Sexually explicit. Or, : Someone reporting you for being a bully, when all you did was say they should stop trolling, and you get banned.

I'm just tired of it, and I'd like to be able to post game screenshots again. (that's all I really used Miiverse for anyway)

PLEASE UN-BAN ME NINTENDO!

Edited on by J-Manix98

Scary_Old_Lady

They should bring an age limit upon Miiverse, nothing too high, just high enough to keep out the over-sensitive children.

Edited on by Scary_Old_Lady

Train Simulator Reskins: http://superalbs.weebly.com/ ;)

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0038-1854

LzWinky

JellySplat wrote:

@DefHalan

There is such a thing as ignoring people on the internet

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Klimbatize

Mika1999 wrote:

Klimbatize wrote:

Three.

That I know of.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

J-Manix98

@WaLzgi

Look, I know what I'm saying sounds immature (and quite frankly I'm not looking for your approval), but don't you think permanently prohibiting somebody from posting on the community ever again because a troll hit a nerve ONCE is a bit extreme?

I'm usually one to ignore trolls, because they are worthless and time consuming. But in this particular situation, the guy was actually trolling somebody else, and since there is no "report option" for trolling, I said in my own post: "Block ____ He is being a troll" and the admins took it down and perma- banned me.

He also "Technically" said nothing "wrong" because he was being passive aggressive. So I couldn't report him for "Hateful Bullying".

I said nothing wrong, I told no lies.

You probably wouldn't understand because you have never been Permanently banned.

It sucks, and I hope I'm redeemed for this stupid mishap (probably won't be though). I want to post my high scores, and trade Pokemon with other gamers again! It's not like I'm drawing pictures of penises or anything

(Sorry if that offended anybody, I'm just trying to be blunt)

Mika1999

Klimbatize wrote:

Mika1999 wrote:

Klimbatize wrote:

Three.

That I know of.

Then Dad/Klimb... you are clearly out numbered!!! At the risk of walking the line.. Who do they listen to better.. You or Mom???

DefHalan

JellySplat wrote:

Look, I know what I'm saying sounds immature (and quite frankly I'm not looking for your approval), but don't you think permanently prohibiting somebody from posting on the community ever again because a troll hit a nerve ONCE is a bit extreme?

I'm usually one to ignore trolls, because they are worthless and time consuming. But in this particular situation, the guy was actually trolling somebody else, and since there is no "report option" for trolling, I said in my own post: "Block ____ He is being a troll" and the admins took it down and perma- banned me.

He also "Technically" said nothing "wrong" because he was being passive aggressive. So I couldn't report him for "Hateful Bullying".

I said nothing wrong, I told no lies.

You probably wouldn't understand because you have never been Permanently banned.

It sucks, and I hope I'm redeemed for this stupid mishap (probably won't be though). I want to post my high scores, and trade Pokemon with other gamers again! It's not like I'm drawing pictures of penises or anything

(Sorry if that offended anybody, I'm just trying to be blunt)

I understand what you are saying but you called him a troll which is a hurtful and bullying statement. You probably could have reported one of his posts for being hurtful or bullying (I don't know as I haven't seen the conversation) even if he didn't say something directly.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.