Forums

Topic: Metroid: Samus Returns

Posts 701 to 716 of 716

kkslider5552000

So I 100% the game and my feelings are...exactly the same. I did like how they did late game item collection more than most Metroid games and it kinda had a Zero Mission twist to go along with that (though not quite as cool).

But otherwise, it's a good game that is only mildly disappointing considering the high standards of the games that followed the original Metroid.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

Very near the end now. Onto the last area. It's been a great game and an essential addition to the already-godlike 3DS library.
I think I'll probably sell it as soon as I'm finished though. It doesn't feel at all replayable.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Henmii

Now that I am almost at the finish (1 Metroid to go, and of course item collecting), I must say I quite like it. I wasn't impressed at first, but I liked it better and better the farther I got. Its not Zero mission/fusion level but it certainly isn't bad. I appreciate how big it is (easily the longest 2d Metroid).

Henmii

Henmii

Update: Beat the endbosses yesterday. They where hard (especially the very last boss). Overall the difficulty was spot-on.

I wonder what's next for Mercury steam regarding Metroid (assuming Nintendo let them make another one, I don't know anything about sales). Will they do a totally new sidescrolling Metroid, or a Super Metroid remake (most likely the latter)? It could also be a Fusion remake though because the after credits scene shows a creature that gets taken over by a x-parasite

I wonder if they are capable of doing a first-person title, a good one. If so, and with a proper budget it could be a really strong game. I'll say this because I feel they can do better then Samus Returns, with the right backing.

And about the real endboss I liked what they did with Ridley's color. He was blue-ish, but thanks to baby metroid sucking (lol) he turns more the red/purple color he has in Super Metroid. A nice touch. What I hate though is that if you haven't fully explored the starting area you can't do this anymore after the first endboss, because Ridley is waiting at your ship. The result: I have ugly blank spaces on my map. And I did have one soft-lock during the fight. During one attempt the game froze while Ridley was falling. Luckily I could enter the menu and go back to the last checkpoint!

Also, the last piece of artwork definitely teases another Metroid game whether it will be a sidescroller or Prime 4. will it be about evil Chozo?

I found every item today, some I had to look up though. It took me almost 19 and a half hours. Diggernaut was possibly the coolest boss

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Ninfan

Suppose someone said this before but are they not making the new metroid game first person .don't think I'll bother playing it . Really is bad news though

Ninfan

yokokazuo

Recently started Fusion mode to try for a speed run of that, but judging by my playtime I won’t be hitting the first ending if I continue... I saved sometimes during an area, but also after finishing one and both area 1 and 2 took about an hour each. Is there a recommended time for each area I should try to hit?

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Dogorilla

@Ninfan Are you talking about Metroid Prime 4? There hasn't been any footage of it yet but it will almost certainly be first person just like the other 3 Metroid Prime games.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Ninfan

Yeah I was confusing metroid Prime 4 with the new 3DS metroid. The metroid prime 4 will have to be a big step up from metroid on the gamecube as that game itself was not just big step but brilliant.

Ninfan

Ninfan

Also the 3DS version should be FPS is what I mean.

Ninfan

Dogorilla

Apologies if this has been linked here before but I just watched this video and it's very interesting:

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Abby_LS

Playing this currently and loving it very much!

Abby_LS

ahmed01903

Can anyone help me, please?
I am playing Samus Returns on 3DS and have destroyed 36 Metroids. In Area 6 got to a huge robot with massive upper body and three drills on each hand. He seems susceptible to missiles when rotating the laser beam, but just rests for a while before starting up the sequence again. My only escape has been to spin/jump away.
When the robot is 'resting' the drill bits turn round and judder etc, but I cannot find a way of inflicting any final damage at all. My last attempt took me about an hour of solidly playing this single screen until I gave up and allowed Samus to be crushed to death.
I would much appreciate some words of wisdom as to how this Metroid(?) can be defeated.

ahmed01903

Tyranexx

@ahmed01903 You must mean the Diggernaut boss. That fight works almost like a puzzle in some phases and took a lot of my patience and some trial/error. Without telling you outright, pay special attention to those rotating drill bits - notice how they line up - and keep all of Samus's upgrades in mind.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ahmed01903

Thank you so much to Tyranexx - I will try again. Also admire the reluctance to give too much away.

ahmed01903

Tyranexx

@ahmed01903 No problem! Once everything clicked into place, I found the fight to be fun. But I definitely struggled with the same part of the fight you're on.

Good luck!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

gcunit

Finished my first playthrough of this last night. I enjoyed the challenge of the boss fights as several of them took some time to probe and develop strategies for. I also enjoyed the visuals and animation, a great looking 3DS game.

I did find the game maybe dragged a bit and I'd have been happy to reach the final section one or two map areas earlier. In my playthrough it seemed there was a bit of an imbalance to the upgrade distribution. Maybe it was my style of play where I tend to go for extended periods between play sessions and lose focus as a result, but it felt like I was slogging around for quite a while without much progress, then all of a sudden I seemed to be getting an upgrade every few rooms.

The counter mechanic is cool but it does get repetitive and the game suffers a little from monotonous gameplay. The addition of the EMMI zones in Metroid Dread to add gameplay variety certainly seems a good idea based on Samus Returns monotony. Because of the slog factor I'm not sure if I'll go for more playthroughs of this or not, but certainly don't feel like it now having put over 20 hours in over the last couple of weeks. Too many other games to play.

But despite the monotony it definitely has the Metroid cool factor in the way Samus controls and is animated, the visual effects and the cutscene moments.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic