Forums

Topic: Metroid: Samus Returns

Posts 661 to 680 of 716

meleebrawler

@bellow The best ending requires that you finish under 4 hours...

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Ralizah

@bellow How did you get 21 hours out of this? I got a little over 11, and that was after some pretty extensive exploration that unlocked most of the map!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

I did it in 10. Don't know how. Also just got 100% in Super for the first time just over 4 hours.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

bellow

Ralizah wrote:

@bellow How did you get 21 hours out of this? I got a little over 11, and that was after some pretty extensive exploration that unlocked most of the map!

I really don't know, although on my Switch it says I've got 30 hours or more on shovel knight, and I only played the main campaign and spectre knight. Maybe I should do you tube vids in how to get more hours out if your games.

bellow

Spoony_Tech

bellow wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I really don't know, although on my Switch it says I've got 30 hours or more on shovel knight, and I only played the main campaign and spectre knight. Maybe I should do you tube vids in how to get more hours out if your games.

Play the game the way you want to. I can almost guarantee I will be over 20 hours as well as I'm still only in the 3rd section. I take my time with my games as I'm rarely in a hurry to finish them.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

bellow wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

That's how I am with books: it takes me forever to read the things. I think I savor them more that way, though: speedreading kind of destroys the appeal of reading in the first place.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

meleebrawler

Do remember that the game doesn't track time spent while paused or (hopefully) in cutscenes, so the in-game indicator is likely to be a good deal smaller than the real time spent playing.

RR529

My official completion time was nearly 19 hours (18:55). Even if I shaved off 10 hours I'd still get the "bad" ending, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

meleebrawler

I wonder, if this game just answered the question Space Pirates have struggling with throughout the Prime games regarding Metroids: what exactly IS the energy that they drain from their victims, that ends up killing them? Perhaps, it is Aeion. Every living being generates this, but perhaps the life-forms of SR388 were particularly rich with it, drawing the Chozo there to learn more about it and how it could be used.
Then they discover (or accidentally create) X parasites, beings composed entirely of this energy. In response they create Metroids designed specifically to feast on this energy to counter them, as well as being able to turn that Aeion into more conventional energy for their own uses

Even if Aeion never gets mentioned as such again outside this game, it's an interesting way of seeing things.

Jhena

Spoiler regarding a boss fight.
Man the giant robot boss fight was really hard for me. I had to watch a youtube video to beat him. But the way samus blew his robotic eye away was worth the frustration.

Right now i played almost 9 hours. Im not gonna try beating the game in under 4 hours.^^

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Tyranexx

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting the "bad" ending my first time through. I don't tend to rush through my games, and when it comes to Metroid I like to get all the Energy Tanks.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Bolt_Strike

meleebrawler wrote:

I wonder, if this game just answered the question Space Pirates have struggling with throughout the Prime games regarding Metroids: what exactly IS the energy that they drain from their victims, that ends up killing them? Perhaps, it is Aeion. Every living being generates this, but perhaps the life-forms of SR388 were particularly rich with it, drawing the Chozo there to learn more about it and how it could be used.
Then they discover (or accidentally create) X parasites, beings composed entirely of this energy. In response they create Metroids designed specifically to feast on this energy to counter them, as well as being able to turn that Aeion into more conventional energy for their own uses

Even if Aeion never gets mentioned as such again outside this game, it's an interesting way of seeing things.

Yeah, they do seem to be implying that the Metroids are designed to drain Aeion. I wonder why the Space Pirates weren't capable of identifying Aeion and the Chozo were?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

meleebrawler

@Bolt_Strike Chozos are just better than everyone at everything, that's why .

That said, everyone including the Pirates and the Federation at least are aware of the Metroid's ability to provide useful energy. They just can't identify the source because they have no ability to manipulate it like the Chozo, only the byproduct left by Metroids. Prime 2's log of U-Mos mentions that he can "generate and manipulate energy on par with that of the Chozo". It's not unreasonable to assume this extends to Aeion.

Wait a minute... could Aether's planetary energy be a form of Aeion as well?

Edited on by meleebrawler

TuVictus

That'd be a proper mind freak

TuVictus

kkslider5552000

Bolt_Strike wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Also, people telling me it is better than AM2R, the game I've enjoyed most in the past 2 years...probably not a good idea. I...doubt it will live up to that. It's unfair to expect nearly any game (arguably even an official Metroid) to those standards.

You should know pretty soon if you're enjoying it more than AM2R, a lot of the praise for this game relates to the new mechanics, the 360 degree aiming, the Melee Counter, Scan Pulse, teleport stations, etc.

That's funny, because most of that I really like, and Scan Pulse especially I think I would've appreciated in AM2R. But nope, still prefer AM2R.

Not a knock against this game though. This could be the Spirit Tracks of Metroid, and I'd still probably love it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

FX102A

Finally finished the game last night after 13.5 hours and 100% item completion. Was hoping it would decide on ending based on completion rather than speed but guess its not the case. At least it allowed me to unlock the Chozo files.

Also 4 hours max for best ending?!? Is that even possible??? I was thinking 6-8 hrs would be needed min. May give it a shot but may need a full map for guidance.

Overall i enjoyed the game, the musix and atmosphere was good and the Metroid bosses where fun. The only bosses that really annoyed me were that robot (due to the insane damage every attack did and how the final segment offered no chance for energy picks ups) and the Queen Metroid due to one attack i could never dodge. I only beat her by outlasting her in terms of damage. The lack of variety in enemies and the overuse of the counter system were minor annoyances (not every enemy needed to aggressively charge you).

Still, overall a very fun game and a nice updated experience to this part of Samus' story. Do hope they build upon it further.

FX102A

Spoony_Tech

Just finished this excellent game. Worse hand cramps ever though and I've never said that with any other game.

For 100% do you get the best ending or is it only if you beat it in under a certain amount of time?

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

@Spoony_Tech 100% is best ending. Speedruns just determine ending screen.

And...hand cramps people? Come on. Metroid Prime Hunters.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TuVictus

I make a tiny amount of progress each weak. Too many other games that require more attention, but I'm super happy with it. I hope it did well enough to not be put on franchise back burner again

TuVictus

Spoony_Tech

@BLP_Software Yep hand cramps. The worst coming with these last few Metroid and boss fights. Too much holding shoulder buttons down while moving and shooting.

To my surprise I beat the game In just over 16 hours. I was sure I would be over 20. Only 62% of items found. Is there suppose to be another spider ball upgrade? I never found one and am guessing I need to go back with the items I have now to get it.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic