Forums

Topic: Metroid: Samus Returns

Posts 621 to 640 of 743

maruse

I wish I could be playing this game instead of doing stupid things like working, to be honest...

Nickname/user name: マノロ

Switch Friend Code: SW-0173-2422-2348 | 3DS Friend Code: 1693-6257-5220 | Nintendo Network ID: maruse

Aaron09

Same! I don't have time to play games anymore 😫 @maruse

Edited on by Aaron09

Aaron09

maruse

@Aaron09 I hear you on that! One of the disadvantages of adult life. But there's not helping it.

Nickname/user name: マノロ

Switch Friend Code: SW-0173-2422-2348 | 3DS Friend Code: 1693-6257-5220 | Nintendo Network ID: maruse

Old_Goat_Ninja

Soooo, my dumb a$$ made it to area 3 finally, do some exploring, and it's definitely a harder area (bad guys hit harder and are harder to kill) and I stumble upon a save point. Woo hoo! I save, with only 64 health lol. Everything in either direction is 1 hit killing me... hmmm.... When I get time to play again, I'll have to make a run for a safer area to get health lol.

Switch: SW-8029-5307-6701
PSN: Old_Goat_Ninja
XBL: Old Goat Ninja
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OldGoatNinja

Junizen

@Old_Goat_Ninja You can find a couple of energy tanks if you are in no rush to finish the area early in the game. Start to use the melee, it'll help.

Junizen

Switch Friend Code: SW-7425-3451-1234 | 3DS Friend Code: 1994-2817-5921 | Nintendo Network ID: FyreFlySLYR | Twitter:

Old_Goat_Ninja

@NineJujuBeats Nope no rush. At least not on first play through. I want to learn the maps well before trying to get a good time on a play through, which if anything like old Metroids, is what's important.

EDIT: I have extra tanks, they are just currently depleted where I happened to save it at lol.

Edited on by Old_Goat_Ninja

Switch: SW-8029-5307-6701
PSN: Old_Goat_Ninja
XBL: Old Goat Ninja
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OldGoatNinja

bellow

I got stuck a bit on the fourth metroid in area one. Lost about half an hour wondering around like and idiot, until I went back to the metroid beacon on the map and sussed a bit of tricky platforming to the little bugger. Love it.

bellow

Bolt_Strike

Got to the Ridley battle.

I can't seem to figure out how to get the various expansions blocked by red spikes though, none of Samus' abilities seem to work against them and the Baby doesn't seem interested in breaking them. How do you get those remaining expansions?

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

BLP_Software

@Bolt_Strike Find a wall that lines up with the gap between them. Use your SpiderBall and plant a Power Bomb. Get results.

Edited on by BLP_Software

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Bolt_Strike

BLP_Software wrote:

@Bolt_Strike Find a wall that lines up with the gap between them. Use your SpiderBall and plant a Power Bomb. Get results.

Holy hell I would've never figured that out. Kind of a Guide Dang It really since you wouldn't expect the Power Bomb to work like that. Anyway, thanks.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

meleebrawler

@Bolt_Strike 2D Metroids are always introducing hidden techniques like this. Such as the morph ball shinespark in Zero Mission. But on the note of item completion, it's nice to see the trend of hints continuing from Corruption onwards. Getting them all is no longer a matter of obsessively (power) bombing every square inch or using a guide, just a matter of being thorough in map exploration. Which is crucial these days for making the rewards feel worthwhile to obtain; too hard and most will just look online to see them.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

zyn

Ok so I have done everything on my part now!

I bought the Samus Aran 3DS as my first Nintendo device since the Gamecube.
Also got the Legacy Edition of the game, all four related amiibos and the official guidebook.
Yesterday I also bought Metroid (NES), Metroid II (GB) and Super Metroid (SNES) from the eShop and also got Starfox 64 to get goldpoints to unlock the Metroid Theme for the 3DS.

I don't know but I think I can't show more support right now for Metroid!

Oh and also I really hope they bring out a Switch HD (Remake) of it. Using the 3DS make my thumbs hurt after two hours of play. And the screen resolution...

P.S.: There is really no official way to play the two Metroid GBA games on the 3DS? WTF?

Edited on by zyn

zyn

kkslider5552000

The official way to play Metroid Fusion on 3DS was to buy a 3DS in its first 3 months.

This isn't a joke.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

MarcelRguez

kkslider5552000 wrote:

The official way to play Metroid Fusion on 3DS was to buy a 3DS in its first 3 months.

Keyword.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Sir_Anthony

kkslider5552000 wrote:

This isn't a joke.

You may not be joking, but it's still one big joke... The 3DS is perfectly capable of handling the GBA Metroid games. Regardless Nintendo doesn't bother releasing them on the Nitendo Eshop, even though Fusion was available during the 3DS Ambassador Program as one of the very first virtual console games. Thank goodness I was part of that program, otherwise I would've missed out on Metroid: Fusion, Zelda: The Minish Cap AND Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones.

Why do you have to be like this Nintendo??? The 3DS could've been the perfect system to play every single 2D Metroid game on.

Edited on by Sir_Anthony

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Meowpheel

The games don't look all that nice in person.

They are extra dark for some reason, and the gameplay looks kinda draggy.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BigBabyPeach

Does anyone really appreciate the 2 screen setup for this game? I did at first and thought it would enhance the experience like in the Zelda remakes, but playing it now, I find myself being dashed at by enemies any time I even glance at the map. If I have to stand still to look at the map, they might as well have let us press start. There goes the only supposed advantage of having this on 3DS...

BigBabyPeach

Meowpheel

It's the same in Zelda. The only difference is that there's more enemies here, and they're more agressive. It's like driving with a gps... You really shouldn't be checking it while driving at top speed in a busy highway...

Anyway, the convenience here is that looking down is quicker and more natural than pressing a button to display a map. You can also learn to use your peripheral vision to take quick glances at it when needed.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

roy130390

@BigBabyPeach Or you know... you could kill the enemies that pose a threat before stopping to check the map.

roy130390

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic