Forums

Topic: Metroid: Samus Returns

Posts 341 to 360 of 716

Samus7Killer

^^LoL
Id love remakes of all the 2D Metroids. Even Zero Mission.

Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

I liked Rouge One. My Fave Star Wars film ever.

Samus7Killer

roy130390

Does that mean that there's a Darth Ridley and a Jar Jar Brain somewhere out there?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

JaxonH

Very few franchises have the ability to make me schitz out over an announcement. Fire Emblem... Monster Hunter... Xenoblade... Splatoon... and Metroid, which is right there at the top of the list.

When they announced Prime 4 at e3... I was running through the lab at work screaming, giddy like a schoolboy. My 60 year old coworker just gave me the look... he could never understand, so I didn't bother trying to explain it. In all my years as a gamer, I don't remember ever being as happy as I was when Metroid was announced. Such is the power of a great game that's been MIA for too long.

And Samus Returns, despite being on 3DS (My only real complaint) looks perfect. Like the ideal 2D Metroid. Prime style music, Chozo lore, spider ball reminiscent of magnetic rail sections (though I hear Spiderball was present way back in the original)...

I need this game. I don't care what's going on when it drops. Splatoon 2 can wait. Mario + Rabbids can wait. Even Monster Hunter XX can wait... as well as Monster Hunter Stories. Metroid is getting its time in the spotlight. No exceptions.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Samus7Killer

I own the the "new" 2DSXL; Will i be missing out on 3D much? Will my version look ok?

Samus7Killer

Eel

Samus7Killer wrote:

I own the the "new" 2DSXL; Will i be missing out on 3D much? Will my version look ok?

It will look exactly the same as in every other 3ds console. Just without the effect of depth from the 3D.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haruki_NLI

@SLIGEACH_EIRE id say great but not ground-breaking. Remember the scale starts at 1 not 7.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

Famitsu gave Uncharted a 9/9/9/10, so I doubt it had anything to do with Japan not loving Metroid or whatever. Nobody gives a rat's arse about Uncharted in Japan.

And 8/8/8/8 sounds like a great game to me. I'd be more interested in what they actually have to say about the game though.

Octane

-Green-

The video game scale is like an actual grading scale (like in school) now. Anything below a 7 is failure, 8 is good, 9 is great and 10 is perfect-ish. It's weird.

Unless you're on Metacritic, in which case you'll see mostly 10s and 0s.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haruki_NLI

@SLIGEACH_EIRE But on a scale, that means 7 is ok, 6 is also ok but slightly lesser, which are "average" in qualititative terms. So what is 5 and below?

Thats my issue with these scales. Its weighted heavily.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

FX102A

8 is kind of what I expected. I never expected it to be groundbreaking or a massive high for the series. Still its good enough for me.

I expect my enjoyment factor to push it to a 9 for me personally.

FX102A

Namco

@FX102A
I know my personal liking for metroid will push my overall enjoyment as well. Being able to hunt down metroid in a side scrolling adventure does that for me. 2D Metroid games have a solid foundation in their design which I don't get tired of.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

roy130390

Octane wrote:

Famitsu gave Uncharted a 9/9/9/10, so I doubt it had anything to do with Japan not loving Metroid or whatever. Nobody gives a rat's arse about Uncharted in Japan.

And 8/8/8/8 sounds like a great game to me. I'd be more interested in what they actually have to say about the game though.

Actually, the series became more popular with each entry on Japan with Uncharted 4 topping the japanese charts. The last Uncharted entries have been more succesful than the Metroid Prime games by a considerable amount.

https://m2k2.taigaforum.com/post/the_overall_metroid_sales_da... in case anyone wants to see how bad the Metroid games sell there.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Tyranexx

8 is still gr8, m8. This is an enhanced remake, so I wasn't expecting BotW-level scores. I'm curious to see how it'll fare with other reviewers.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Samus7Killer

Pretty much the 3DS Swan Song.

Samus7Killer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic