Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D

Posts 501 to 515 of 515

lonlon-milker

Apparently the 3ds version has a Nintendo power issue in it.

HadukroPUNCH= awesome battle cry

6ch6ris6

oh after beating the game once you get a camera and can take 3D screenshots saved to your sc-card. so you can then use those screenshots for other programms like letterbox. i really like that. every game should have this feature

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Whopper744

Well, looks like I have once again changed my mind. haha.
I think I will get the 3DS version. I'd like to put focus on one at a time anyway (not that I couldn't do that with the collection really).
I hope the story isn't too difficult to get into if I haven't played the others, but I'm sure it will be fine.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

6ch6ris6

MGS3's story is very easy compared to the other titles. story begins with MGS3 so you can't go wrong with that.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Whopper744

cool. Well since it is my first MG game, any good tips??

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753

Spoony_Tech

Yeah you should download the demo and get use to the controls first. It can be a bit annoying at first. Once you get a hang of it it really is a great game. Just don't think you are going to play this game guns a blazing. Its mostly sneak!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Odnetnin

6ch6ris6 wrote:

oh after beating the game once you get a camera and can take 3D screenshots saved to your sc-card. so you can then use those screenshots for other programms like letterbox. i really like that. every game should have this feature

Alternatively, you can pick up a camera in the Grozny Grad (sp) prison building (the one with the SPOILER torture room) and have it before the end of the game.

Joshers744 wrote:

Well, looks like I have once again changed my mind. haha.
I think I will get the 3DS version. I'd like to put focus on one at a time anyway (not that I couldn't do that with the collection really).
I hope the story isn't too difficult to get into if I haven't played the others, but I'm sure it will be fine.

Snake Eater 3D is my third-favorite game of all time, but after beating it I wished that I had a PS3 and the HD Collection instead. It's a phenomenal game any way you play it, but I can almost guarantee that you'll still want the HD Collection after beating this.

Joshers744 wrote:

cool. Well since it is my first MG game, any good tips??

1) Try out the demo, like Tech said, and decide if you can adapt to face button camera controls. Otherwise get a CPP/go with the HD Collection.
2) Do not use a walkthrough. This game has so many amazing secrets to uncover, and none of them will be as fun if you use a guide.
3) Mild Spoiler: This comes down to how you want to play the game, but there is a tangible incentive for not killing enemies. You don't have to be a pacifist on your first playthrough, but there is one part near the end that will have you thinking, "I wish I never killed anyone."

Oh, and enjoy.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Whopper744

Interesting @Oddy. Does tranquillizing enemies count as 'killing' them? I've done that to several in the demo.
I have made it to the end of the demo without getting shot at (almost got caught once or twice). I guess that means I should be able to handle it.

6ch6ris6

Oddy wrote:

Mild Spoiler: This comes down to how you want to play the game, but there is a tangible incentive for not killing enemies. You don't have to be a pacifist on your first playthrough, but there is one part near the end that will have you thinking, "I wish I never killed anyone."

maybe the best moment in the game. so genius. only kojima can do something like this^^
love it when you press R during cutscenes (bossfight with volgin)

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Whopper744

I keep trying to bring myself to buy this game this week, but Kid Icarus Uprising is like, keeping me from getting it. I want Metal Gear, but I can't put down Uprising. I'm afraid I'd get Snake Eater, and still play Kid Icarus instead.

Whopper744

Well I gave in a bought it for 40 bucks....Now if I could just keep my mind off of playing Kid Icarus Uprising....uuuuug. I hope I didn't waste 40 bucks.

6ch6ris6

i only payed 30€ on amazon (germany)

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Whopper744

Got to start playing this last night for a good bit. Seems like a really nice game. I am a big first party Nintendo fan, so it is different for me, but it's nice for a change of pace. The story seems interesting...I just wish I could understand it a little bit better. I'm sure my attention span is partially to blame for that, with the super long cut scenes.
So I've seen two Yoshi's so far by the way, and I shot them and they just made that old Yoshi sound...is there anything else I need to do with them, or is just shooting them enough?

6ch6ris6

just shooting. but you have to find all of them in one playthrough. kinda impossible without a walkthrough. but it is kinda funny sometimes, when you risk being seen just to shoot some yoshi-figure.
save the world from nuclear-holocaust or shoot a yoshi? xD

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.