Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D

Posts 441 to 460 of 515

JSimon98

Alright my code is 1891 1653 6368nwhats urs?

3Ds friend code; 3282 - 2375 - 7771
Pokemon Y
Looking for a battle/trade whenever, just want certain Pokemon.

Yrreiht

Gawd the battle against the End is long :I
fun but... very ... veeeeery long xD

sonic11 wrote:

Alright my code is 1891 1653 6368nwhats urs?

Signature down below.

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

turtlelink

ZezOfAstora wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Specifically cry baby Big Boss.

All of your points are extremely valid complaints, but this one especially I wanted to comment on. Kojima specifically made Naked Snake more "human" compared to Solid Snake, since he wasn't a war weapon cloned simply to be the best, like Solid Snake was from the start. He also wanted a contrast from younger and more naive Naked Snake, to the point where he actually became Big Boss, symbolized by those silly flowers that changed their color. From then on, he had one goal in mind--to make true The Boss's legacy and dreams or whatever, which set off the rest of the series. I kinda like things about Naked Snake, the way he has those goofy smiles like when he saw the beehive at the beginning, and the way he's so awkward around EVA
Kojima actually switched out the mocap actors at one point, putting the one for action scenes in the up-close talking scenes, and putting the one who usually does those personal up-close scenes into the action scenes, just as an experiment (because he's kojima). He found that he really liked some of the scenes the action mocap dude did with EVA, since he wanted Naked Snake to be somewhat awkward.
also, when you first meet Granin, his mocap dude wa actually drunk for that scene

Let's not forget Solid Snake's body is rigged with nano machines

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Chrono_Cross

Snake tried to escape Outer Heaven upon completing the mission. However, during the escape he was confronted by one man-- FOXHOUND Commander Big Boss. Big boss laughed at the astounded Snake and told him the truth about his mission. While serving as the commander of FOXHOUND, Big Boss also ran a mercenary dispatch company utilizing his connections and capital from his years as a merc. He was planning to build this company a larger military establishment, and he built Outer Heaven as its base. His purpose for sending the rookie Snake to Outer Heaven was to cause information confusion in the West. However, Big boss miscalculated: he never thought that Snake would it that far... Having lost Metal Gear, Big Boss activated the self destruction system of the underground base.

While the countdown to destruction continued, his scream echoed in the emptiness. "You have gone too far. Too far!" In the 100th-floor basement the battle between two men commenced--free of ideology and politics... The armed fortress nation, Outer Heaven collapsed. The impenetrable fortress, made from the best military technology and occupied by the toughest mercenaries, burned in flames.

Behind him, the flames reached skyward as Outer Heaven fell, leaving Solid Snake all alone...

Previous Operations Metal Gear. I'll post Metal Gear 2 here soon explaining why Solid Snake grew to be such a killer at one time.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Odnetnin

So the game and a CPP are sitting unopened in my living room. I want to play it so bad but but science test I have to finish, piano lesson I have to practice for, math homework I have to do, article I have to write, and a new episode of the Office tonight are all keeping me from it. Tomorrow, hopefully~

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Kid_A

Game is so freakin' good. I'm about to fight the End. I've never beat him before (I always get stuck and let him die of old age) and I'm going for no kills, so I'll have to beat 'em by draining his stamina. Any good tips?

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

zezhyrule

Kid_A wrote:

(I always get stuck and let him die of old age)

Hehe... I never do that...

I still haven't beaten him the proper way, and I feel bad for letting him die without a final good fight ;___;

bezerker99 wrote:

Yeah, why don't you like that game, zezzy??? D: It's much better than the PSone version (imo).

No need to use so many question marks, I've already stated enough to you and many others why I don't like that version. It all lies in that last part of your comment, with the parentheses.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

romulux

i didn't realize you could use the scientist camouflage int he graniny lab until the very end. i started that place with 1 alert on my record... and ended it with 21. a lot of it was my fault, but sometimes a door to a room full of guards will inadvertently open when you press x to lift a nearby body or a guard will hear you through a wall even when you're crawling and come straight for you. then you have to rely on that s****y dart gun and the crappy FPS controls... sometimes i really hate the clumsiness of the stealth and just run through and let the guards shoot me.

in all fairness though, i am extremely terrible at this game.

Kid_A wrote:

I'm going for no kills

how do you do that? i tried tranq'ing the first two bosses after getting their health down to a sliver but it didn't seem to do any damage. i've avoided any other kills outside of bosses, though.

theblackdragon wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

My god. If I wanted some chick screaming in my ear I'd...

you'd what, screw up her order at Starbucks?

well played, madam.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

zezhyrule

romulux wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

I'm going for no kills

how do you do that? i tried tranq'ing the first two bosses after getting their health down to a sliver but it didn't seem to do any damage. i've avoided any other kills outside of bosses, though.

They have a health bar and a stamina bar. iirc, tranqs as well as CQC attacks and rolling reduce the boss's stamina gauges, and attacks with lethal weapons reduce their health bar. So just use tranqs and CQC the whole time to go for a tranq kill, you'll get their camo too

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Yrreiht

Kid_A wrote:

Game is so freakin' good. I'm about to fight the End. I've never beat him before (I always get stuck and let him die of old age) and I'm going for no kills, so I'll have to beat 'em by draining his stamina. Any good tips?

Little trick: if you beat him by depleting his stamina bar, you will get his mosin nagant (sniper)
to get his camo, you have to do a hold up and keep him on the groung for a few seconds, he will then give you his camo.

I'm about to fight the fury, the one i despise the most even tho its my favorite boss in the game xD
No kills so far, and only 1 continue, also, im on hard difficulty. :I

Kid_A

I BEAT HIM
It took two hours, and he knocked me out and took me to prison twice...but it was WORTH IT. Probably the most epic boss battle ever. 10/10. 5 Stars. Two thumbs way up.

turtlelink

I beat The End in like 30 minutes when I first played it... I guess chasing him down everywhere isn't what you're supposed to do haha.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Kid_A

turtlelink wrote:

I beat The End in like 30 minutes when I first played it... I guess chasing him down everywhere isn't what you're supposed to do haha.

No, once you actually find him and start chasing him it's really easy. It just took me a long time to get on his trail consistently.

Yrreiht

I really need to stop throwing myself in the bottomless hole in the battle against the fury....

romulux

Kid_A wrote:

I BEAT HIM
It took two hours, and he knocked me out and took me to prison twice...but it was WORTH IT. Probably the most epic boss battle ever. 10/10. 5 Stars. Two thumbs way up.

yeah, i loved that fight. the first time i fought him in the original i didn't know you could use equipment and just ran around finding him by luck. it was much shorter using all of the devices but it was funner and less random. snagged the old fart's rifle.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Kid_A

The Fury is great but I forgot to grab his Camo
Oh well. Guess I'll just have to do it on anothe playthrough

Spoony_Tech

What demo?! I don't know what you're talking about! :-X

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Papa_Godzilla

i still wonder how people can find this game good on the 3DS. the ocntrols were so crappy.
at least, in the demo. didnt tried the retail, cause i hated the demo.
the controls really killed the gameplay for me. camera with buttons ? ugghh...
aiming was clunky and far from smooth.
ennemies were...really dumb.
anyway, is the retail different from what the demo offered me ? because i really dont get the fun out of this game.

Papa_Godzilla

6ch6ris6

Samholy wrote:

...i really dont get the fun out of this game.

try not be seen by the enemies. shooting should just be used in too difficult situations.
then you wont have so much issues with controlling the camera with the face-buttons.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.