Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D

Posts 301 to 320 of 515

pikku

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Oddy wrote:

Pick it up, zezzy. The mighty Hideo Kojima commands so. Oh and pikky does too I guess.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

SamuraiShyGuy

I tend to agree with Nintendo Power reviews more than most reviewers, so a 9/10 is great. And an 8 out of ten from Edge is like a 9 or 10 from anywhere else. I'm starting to think we just got a really cruddy demo. I never understand why demos that are supposed to sell you on a game are sometimes awful.

With that said, there's no way I'm getting this game without a CPP, and that combines to a $60 purchase. I'll wait for year end clearance.

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

blackside

I understand the gfx being better, the textures and models have been slightly improved, not to mention inclusion of 3d. the hd collection is exactly the same as the original just upscaled. I really hope the framerate issues were only in the demo thought.

a fellow on 3ds forums claims to have got the game early and that the frame rate is better thab the demo...

Im so glad this is the only proper mgs I haven't played.

blackside

Retro_on_theGo

Oddy wrote:

I'm glad I didn't get hyped for this game any earlier. You should've seen what BIT.TRIP SAGA did to me.

I was actually pretty damn satisfied with SAGA. I still haven't beat it though, but the lag in runner was no where near as bad as everyone complains.

Edit: After watching the snake eater intro again I have decided I will definitely be picking this up. On sale though. I have too much to play right now to warrant a purchase.
I'm stiiiill in a dreeeam SNAKE EEEATER!

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

the_shredder wrote:

The thing you have to remember is this demo is nearly a year old as it is the same one that was used at E3, I have faith in kojima to get the final product right.

Its already been established that this demo is the final build in earlier posts!

because a guy on the internet said so?

gaming journalism

You know I was just being a jerk when saying he was a lying liar and thought "nah, he's probably right". But I guess not. Go me?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Simmer_E

There's probably something wrong with my eyes, but this looks just as good as good as COD on my 360!

Simmer_E

Nintendo Network ID: Simmer_E | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Ill tell you what. For Nintendo power to give it a 9 is saying something. They have been giving 9.5 to Zelda skyward sword and super Mario 3d land when I thought they would get easy 10s. So it will probably be really good. I guess ill definitely still pick up my copy next week since its already paid off. I wont be getting the cpp so ill let anyone know how it plays without it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

iroxursox

@Tech101 that is impossible, Nintendo power hasn't even released there feb issue if you don't believe me go look

friend code is 0602-6743-0345 i like TRAINS
proud owner of a wii u, 3ds, 2 wiis, and a ps3.
currently playing MGS:3D
proud owner of a minecrat server.

Spoony_Tech

Its what's in the post up above. That's what I'm going off of. I will probably get my issue this week sometime!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Yrreiht

iroxyorsox wrote:

@Tech101 that is impossible, Nintendo power hasn't even released there feb issue if you don't believe me go look

The nintendo power score is on metacritic and it is of 9/10.

I preordered the game yesterday and now im hyped. Anyone knows if it plays better with the CPP or without?

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

BenAV

tynerds37 wrote:

I preordered the game yesterday and now im hyped. Anyone knows if it plays better with the CPP or without?

With, from everything I hear.
I haven't tried playing the demo without it myself.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

romulux

tynerds37 wrote:

Anyone knows if it plays better with the CPP or without?

it plays a fair amount better with it. the cpp is hard to get used to and i didn't like it at first, but it is much better to use a real analog instead of trying to do the same job with digital buttons. it's really grown on me and now i think revelations and metal gear are much better with it. just imagine the exact same control scheme as the default, but a little easier and with more precision.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Bankai

zezhyrule wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

the 3D version is still playable.

You're right teejay, you know, that should be one of the selling points they print on the back of the box.

"MGS3 on the 3DS is playable"

Wow makes me wanna pick it up

Edit: After playing the demo... The graphics are horrible, the 3D is just nasty, and the framerate is bad. But the controls, even without the CPP, feel completely natural. I actually kinda like them, and crouch-walking is awesome. If they fix up some of the issues this wouldn't be too bad a version at all. As long as you play with the 3D off D:

I might just pick this up, I do love the game after all. The demo is incredibly misleading though. In the actual game there is a 30min cutscene before the part where the demo starts, and from the end of the demo to the next playable part there's another like 40min cutscene

This was more or less my experience too. I suspect the people complain about the controls thought this was, like, a Call of Duty pew pew everyone's dead dealie. Rather than, you know, a stealth game. Clunky shooting controls aren't really a problem when a) 99% of the time anyone who you're shooting should be stationary and unaware of your presence or b) you should be avoiding them entirely.

I'm playing through the game on the 3DS now, and it's ok. I'll still recommend people get the HD version first but eh I know that's blasphemy because games can only be fun on a Nintendo console.

Nintendo fanboys should probably give this a proper go and don't go in guns blazing. It's fun that way.

BenAV

romulux wrote:

i the cpp is hard to get used to and i didn't like it at first

For about the first half an hour of Revelations I thought that it felt really weird.
But after that, it started to feel reaaaaaaaaaaaally comfortable.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Odnetnin

@ChocoGoldfish I agree that it's a lot more rewarding as a stealth game and there aren't as many control issues that way, but if it controlled well "Call of Duty pew pew everyone's dead dealie" style in the PS2 version (which I can't know for myself but would assume it did), it's still a flaw of the 3DS controls that they don't work as well for shooting moving objects.

As for me, the only reason I'm not getting the HD version is because I don't own an HD console/handheld (is Vita the first HD handheld with built-in button controls? That's pretty cool), and they're too expensive for me to be owning one very soon. I don't have any misplaced loyalty to Nintendo in that regard.

But yeah, buy this if you don't have an HD console/handheld, a CPP if you don't like the controls, and you'll have a more rewarding experience by choosing to sneak around, all stealthy-like.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

zezhyrule

Actually MGS3's controls are pretty awkward on the PS2 if you're used to modern 3rd-person action games. You can't move while aiming in first person (and can't aim over the shoulder at all), you use R to aim, left analog to move the cursor and square to shoot. It was even worse before Subsistence because the camera was set in place like in MGS2, you couldn't freely move it around. Oh and O/X were switched to Accept/Cancel respectively D:

You get used to it like any other game after a while though, and the same can be said of this version.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

zezhyrule

Was playing through the demo again... C'mon The Boss, why the obvious statements D:

"You can change your camouflage by selecting 'CAMOUFLAGE' in the Survival Viewer. The 'UNIFORM' option lets your change your uniform, while the 'FACE' option let's your change your face paint."

ORLY?

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.