Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D

Posts 261 to 280 of 515

abraxas13

in the eShop the video for Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D - towards the end he spots a Yoshi up in a tree...

3DS friend code: 5429-8747-2547

Kagamine

Did anybody else hate the demo? i've never played a metal gear game honestly, so maybe i'm playing it wrong. To me just seemed bad, i didn't like the camera, how you aim, the fact that your stun gun fails sometimes (seriously whats up with that) and its way to easy yo get away during the alerts. It just seems to bad.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

Poppupian

I played the demo and the only, serious problem with it is it's camera controls but CPP fixes that so I might get this with a CPP

3DS Friend code: 2148-8132-9022
Favorite 3DS game right now: Fire Emblem Awakening
The 3DS game that i want right now: Mario and Luigi Dream Team

19Robb92

Some_Chords wrote:

To me just seemed bad, i didn't like the camera, how you aim, the fact that your stun gun fails sometimes (seriously whats up with that) and its way to easy yo get away during the alerts. It just seems to bad.

Same here. The demo was pretty crappy. Along with what you mentioned I also got noticeable framerate drops, the gyro controls where horrible and the graphics don't look good tbh.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

the_shredder

The thing you have to remember is this demo is nearly a year old as it is the same one that was used at E3, I have faith in kojima to get the final product right.

You are here because the outside world rejects you. THIS is your family. I am your father. I want you all to become full members of the Foot. You are my eyes and ears; find them. Together we will punish these creatures. These... turtles.

Retro_on_theGo

19Robb92 wrote:

Some_Chords wrote:

To me just seemed bad, i didn't like the camera, how you aim, the fact that your stun gun fails sometimes (seriously whats up with that) and its way to easy yo get away during the alerts. It just seems to bad.

Same here. The demo was pretty crappy. Along with what you mentioned I also got noticeable framerate drops, the gyro controls where horrible and the graphics don't look good tbh.

There's no stun gun that early in the game. Are talking about the tranquilizer? It doesn't't knock the person out the second you shoot'em. That's only if you get a head shot. Anywhere else you have to hit multiple times. It's always been like that.

Spoony_Tech

the_shredder wrote:

The thing you have to remember is this demo is nearly a year old as it is the same one that was used at E3, I have faith in kojima to get the final product right.

Its already been established that this demo is the final build in earlier posts!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Tech101 wrote:

the_shredder wrote:

Its already been established that this demo is the final build in earlier posts!

because a guy on the internet said so?

gaming journalism

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tasuki

I wasnt that crazy about the controls with the demo mainly having to use the ABXY buttons to move the camera. For me for now its a rental from GameFly.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SamuraiShyGuy

The demo was okay. I kind of like the stealth gameplay but some things about the demo were ridiculous. Aiming without the CPP is a chore for one, but parts of the game's design also seems poor. Like the animatronic crocodiles. And the idiotic guards. And the fact that Snake can take about 1,000 bullets from an AK-47 and walk away. I hope that last part is just for the demo. Sometimes they make demos really easy so people can get through them. Does anyone know if Snake was this invincible in the original game?

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

Retro_on_theGo

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

The demo was okay. I kind of like the stealth gameplay but some things about the demo were ridiculous. Aiming without the CPP is a chore for one, but parts of the game's design also seems poor. Like the animatronic crocodiles. And the idiotic guards. And the fact that Snake can take about 1,000 bullets from an AK-47 and walk away. I hope that last part is just for the demo. Sometimes they make demos really easy so people can get through them. Does anyone know if Snake was this invincible in the original game?

He has a health bar for a reason, but yeah, he's always been like that. Just recently me and him fought a giant robot in PW an he took like 2 minutes of a flamethrower before he even regained health and took 2 more minutes.

Spoony_Tech

Yeah the use of gyro control the way it was implemented was totally unnecessary!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

EvilLucario

Loved the demo! This was my second Metal Gear game I've played (first one was Ghost Babel, and that was a fantastic game), and I really enjoyed the demo. Aiming and controlling the camera weren't really problems for me, contrary to other people's experiences.

In fact, the only places I had a problem with was the $***** alligator part, the lag (has it improved compared to E3?), and pressing against walls. I would always get stuck on walls and try to get out of that formation. It's so annoying!

However, I'm not getting this game. Too many other great games, like Kid Icarus: Uprising, is demanding my money. Also, I may have a chance to get a PlayStation Vita for my birthday, so if I pick that up, I'll also get the MGS HD Collection. Five games for the price of one? Awesome!

Still, my reactions to the demo is positive. I hope to see it doing well in retail.

EDIT: Oh crap, I forgot about the gyroscope implication. Yeah, that needs to leave. SMH Konami.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

SamuraiShyGuy

The gyro when on a tree branch was fine but the bridge was kind of dumb. I wish you could use gyro controls to aim like in RER. And now that someone has confirmed that Snake is in fact borderline invincible in the MGS games, I have come to the conclusion that these games must be severely overrated. I mean, there's absolutely no realism. How can people be okay with this?

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

kkslider5552000

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I have come to the conclusion that these games must be severely overrated. I mean, there's absolutely no realism.

My problem with this fictional video game is it's too fictional and too much like a video game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SamuraiShyGuy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I have come to the conclusion that these games must be severely overrated. I mean, there's absolutely no realism.

My problem with this fictional video game is it's too fictional and too much like a video game.

Ha ha. You're missing the point completely. If you're going to use realistic things in your games, such as the KGB and AK-47's, and then degrade them into the equivalent of children with marshmallow guns, I have a problem with that.

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

Chrono_Cross

But Naked Snake isn't invincible. How can you even come to that conclusion?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

SamuraiShyGuy

I already said how I came to the conclusion that he was "borderline invincible." I couldn't die if I tried. You might as well walk right past the KGB agents while dressed up like Cee Lo Green because they aren't going to kill you.

And I asked if all the games were like this and someone confirmed that, yes, they are all like this, even saying he took a flamethrower for two minutes without dying.

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.