Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D

Posts 181 to 200 of 515

Odnetnin

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Oddy wrote:

Went through again and did some more camo/stealth stuff. Basic gameplay was more fun, but still not seeing the logic in letting players find weapons but then completely restricting their use. Is this because it's the demo?

I wouldn't know. I try not to use weapons in MGS games.

Because that's the point.

OK, in that case I still maintain that it doesn't make sense to include items that aren't meant to be used.

@tynerds37 I found the gun under the bridge and the one in the red brick building, but even though I entered my backpack all that showed up was the knife, the tranquilizer gun, and the microphone. Are they hidden somewhere?
~don't wanna redownload it just to check~

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

BenAV

Kid_A wrote:

This is the bigger issue: can you see yourself playing this on the train? I just kept thinking, this is fun, but is it really meant to be on a portable? It's like watching Titanic on your iPhone. Sure, you could do it, but why would you want to? It's not really the type of experience which lends itself to the small screen. So...I'm not sold. I was almost definitely going to get it, but now I'm thinking of holding off.

I'm unlikely to play this while I'm out if I get it.
For one, I'll definitely play with the CPP and I don't plan to take that around with me too much.
Also, as you said, it's probably not really the type of game you'd want to play on the train.
That doesn't persuade whether I buy it or not though.
The other thing I love about portable systems as well as playing while I'm out, is that I can play them in bed or play with the TV on in the background which I can't do with my home systems.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Kid_A

BenAV wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

This is the bigger issue: can you see yourself playing this on the train? I just kept thinking, this is fun, but is it really meant to be on a portable? It's like watching Titanic on your iPhone. Sure, you could do it, but why would you want to? It's not really the type of experience which lends itself to the small screen. So...I'm not sold. I was almost definitely going to get it, but now I'm thinking of holding off.

I'm unlikely to play this while I'm out if I get it.
For one, I'll definitely play with the CPP and I don't plan to take that around with me too much.
Also, as you said, it's probably not really the type of game you'd want to play on the train.
That doesn't persuade whether I buy it or not though.
The other thing I love about portable systems as well as playing while I'm out, is that I can play them in bed or play with the TV on in the background which I can't do with my home systems.

That's a good point, actually. You may have gotten me to reconsider. Can't exactly play MGS3 on the TV when other members of the family are hogging the TV watching Hoarders or god knows what.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Yrreiht

Oddy wrote:

@tynerds37 I found the gun under the bridge and the one in the red brick building, but even though I entered my backpack all that showed up was the knife, the tranquilizer gun, and the microphone. Are they hidden somewhere?
~don't wanna redownload it just to check~

no they are not hidden, when you open the backpack menu from the pause menu, you get items and weapons, select weapons and you will see the weapons you said, select an empty space and you will be able to select more weapons, same for items

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

Retro_on_theGo

Meh.
Mixed feelings about the demo. The graphics are ok at best. Frame rate is a bit sluggish, and I really hate using the face buttons as the second control. It's way easier than I remember too.
The game itself is still fun though and the 3D is amazing. I don't think I'll be getting this after all. Probably later.

romulux

hate to say it but i wasn't impressed by the demo either. Kojima said that they remade it for the 3DS instead of just porting it; either he's lying or they did a really crappy job. after revelations the 3DS is obviously capable of much better than that!

i agree with tech that the camera sucks when doing a 180. spinning around only to see snake staring right into the camera at me is dumb. why wouldn't i want to see the new direction i'm moving in?

the 3D is really hard on the eyes in my opinion. it's very strong, but i still didn't think objects stuck out very clearly against the background. it's even difficult having to refocus for 2D when aiming in FPS mode, what the hell is that all about? i had to lower the depth slider to make the transition easier on my eyes, and this is only a 5 minute demo. stressing your eyes out like that for a full session wouldn't be pretty.

i hope that this is a very old build. the revelations demo had some differences from the finished game so there's hope that the full game won't suck as hard, but i doubt it. they really should release demos like this much earlier so that they can get feedback on what the players think, instead of springing a cartridge full of bad decisions on everyone at the last minute. they also chose a pretty dull stretch of the game for a demo, i imagine it'd be a lot more fun playing the later parts.

gotta play a few more times to decide if i still want my preorder....

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

komicturtle

@romulux
Not only that, but Revelations plays smoothly and better for what it's supposed to be. Revelations did a splendid job in the controls department in that you have up to 8 different combinations of how you want to play the game and they all work. I play Revelations without a CPP and even playing with someone who does have that accessory, there really isn't any advantage- maybe strafing without holding the L button, yet I play the game with gyro controls and played campaign with standard control settings with no issues.

I would hope for the sake of the game, the final product has more going for it than what I played in the demo. Right now, I'm leaning on getting the HD Collection on Vita- only if it's as good as the console versions- or at least decent.

komicturtle

Tasuki

blackside wrote:

I wouldn't dare playing a game like this with a single stick anyway. Too frustrating. Played the demo, looking forward to hit. Hope they can sort the 3d out a little though!

edit: why are people so against buying a cpp? just playing through RE:E warranted the purchase for me. I can't imagine how crap it would be to walk around without being able to look different directions, peer round corners and move while aiming etc. I understand that people are pissed that it should have been included on the original system but that's no reason to sulk now and deprive yourself from a better experience. I understand if your never gonna play a game like this or RE:E but otherwise suck it up, it only costs pocket change anyway. Plus as an added bonus for me it makes the system infinitely comfier to hold. I have it on for most games now, and no more hand cramps in TWEWY...! Hoorah!

I am not against buying a CPP just the fact that you can only buy it at Gamestop. If somewhere else would offer it than I would buy it from them in a heartbeat but since its only a Gamestop exclusive I wont buy it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Magikarp3

I'm new to the series but it's gotten a lot of praise so I was happy I got to try it out.

I really didn't like how this demo threw you straight into the game without too much instruction. It just gave you a picture showing what all the buttons do (and nobody is going to remember all those without trying them out, especially when you're itching to play the thing) and didn't allow you to customise at all. I liked the RE:R demo much more since even though it was just around 12 minutes of gameplay you could finetune the controls to your liking.

All I have to say is that after playing this through twice, I would enjoy it much more on a console than on a portable. The 3d is quite nice, although when you're swinging the camera around you're going to get really tired fast. While the bottom screen map and hud is great for letting the top screen become unobstructed, it's really not the same as what it would be on a television. For the bee's nest bit for example, I had to turn of the 3d and hold the 3ds really close to my face just to figure out where it was, and the first time through I just gave up and tranquilised the guards there.

Those things aside though, this game is quite fun. I don't think I'll be purchasing it though.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

SanFrisco9er

This game is beasty.the 3d in this game is incredibe when you crawl and the leaves are all on your face.BTW am a new member on nl and igot my 3ds this past saturday.so how do you put the 3ds fc's right there↓?

SanFrisco9er

bezerker99

There are few things I've seen that are more horrid and fugly lookin' than this MGS3D demo - those being Gary Busey's mug-shot, Don Imus (on a good day), and the Battle of Antietam.

/me deletes lame demo - fires up Snake Eater game on PS2 as a reminder of why this game is/was so great!!!

Edited on by bezerker99

zezhyrule

So it's decided. They ruined one of my favorite games ever, giving people who don't have access to other consoles (read: nintenoobs) a horrible impression of this awesome series in the form of a crappy "remake". Great job, Kojima

Oddy wrote:

Also, why is my screen saying "Time Paradox" right now instead of "Snake Is Dead"?

You're playing as the person who will become Big Boss. Think of it as a joke. The MGS series (MGS3 especially) doesn't take itself too seriously, even if it appears to. MGS3 is actually the most lighthearted game in the series~ Until the end
same thing happens btw if you decide to kill Ocelot after that one awesome fight sequence... though I'm not sure if that part is in the demo or not

Kid_A wrote:

-The enemy AI is way stupid. I always thought the AI in MGS3 was almost insanely good...now, not so much. We're back to the "out of sight, out of mind" days of MGS1.

I haven't played the demo myself and I don't really plan to, but from what I know in the original game that all depends on the difficulty. Play on easy and you can get right up next to a guard without them noticing you, play on hard and they can see you across the entire area if your camo index is even below 50%.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

nickcarney

Tasuki wrote:

blackside wrote:

I wouldn't dare playing a game like this with a single stick anyway. Too frustrating. Played the demo, looking forward to hit. Hope they can sort the 3d out a little though!

edit: why are people so against buying a cpp? just playing through RE:E warranted the purchase for me. I can't imagine how crap it would be to walk around without being able to look different directions, peer round corners and move while aiming etc. I understand that people are pissed that it should have been included on the original system but that's no reason to sulk now and deprive yourself from a better experience. I understand if your never gonna play a game like this or RE:E but otherwise suck it up, it only costs pocket change anyway. Plus as an added bonus for me it makes the system infinitely comfier to hold. I have it on for most games now, and no more hand cramps in TWEWY...! Hoorah!

I am not against buying a CPP just the fact that you can only buy it at Gamestop. If somewhere else would offer it than I would buy it from them in a heartbeat but since its only a Gamestop exclusive I wont buy it.

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDi...

You can get it directly through Nintendo.

nickcarney

warioswoods

@SanFrisco9er

To edit the text below your posts, you just need to go to your profile here and edit the text in your Signature, at the bottom.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

retired_account

Tech101 wrote:

This game was obviously designed around using the circle pad pro. It sucks otherwise. If you could aim the way snake is facing then it wouldn't be all that bad. However when you aim to fire you have to swing the camera all the way around. Really bad design choice.

Agreed. Monster Hunter instincts! haha

The demo wasn't too terribly awful, but I'd only buy it in the bargain bin and if I had a CPP.

retired_account

Whopper744

This game seems so interesting, but I think i just suck at it. I keep getting caught in the demo, and they won't leave me alone. That along with it takes precise aim and about 10 shots to take someone down. Never really played Metal Gear games though, so maybe it just takes getting used to.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

OldBoy

Gotta say I hated this demo. Was looking forward to this having never really played a MGS game before (apart from a little of the GC remake) but don't think I'll be getting this now. I found the 3D unbearable to look at (don't usually have a problem with it) but maybe the framerate was the issue!
Also who needs stealth when you can absorb about 50 bullets?! I ran from one checkpoint to another through the whole demo, took a few hits but didn't die, At least the demo was over quicker this way. And those crocs are laughable, I couldn't distinguish them from the ground till I was right next to them , "Oh s**t" I thought, now I'm done for...oh its okay they just swish their tales a bit and just carry on chillin on the lil island. Don't know how these guys have survived for 100million years!
Thank the lord for demo's
EDIT : Forgot to say I played with the CPP, god knows how bad it must play without that!

Edited on by OldBoy

What's this bit for again?

retired_account

The gators are even more laughable after watching an episode of Swamp People.

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.