Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D

Posts 161 to 180 of 515

Spoony_Tech

Tasuki wrote:

Can you only get the CPP at Gamestop?

I believe so. Download and play for about 30 seconds and you suddenly realize thats the way it was ment to play. I don't think they even try to much of anything else control wise!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

blackside

I wouldn't dare playing a game like this with a single stick anyway. Too frustrating. Played the demo, looking forward to hit. Hope they can sort the 3d out a little though!

edit: why are people so against buying a cpp? just playing through RE:E warranted the purchase for me. I can't imagine how crap it would be to walk around without being able to look different directions, peer round corners and move while aiming etc. I understand that people are pissed that it should have been included on the original system but that's no reason to sulk now and deprive yourself from a better experience. I understand if your never gonna play a game like this or RE:E but otherwise suck it up, it only costs pocket change anyway. Plus as an added bonus for me it makes the system infinitely comfier to hold. I have it on for most games now, and no more hand cramps in TWEWY...! Hoorah!

Edited on by blackside

blackside

Odnetnin

I was worried about content issues, but I should've been worried about control issues. Really boring, dull demo (though for some reason I played through then entire thing, which ends extremely anticlimactically).

And someone give me one good reason why I have to use the stupid tranquilizer gun the entire time when I was able to discover and obtain two other, real guns? I went through all of the menus multiple times and was never able to equip a different gun. Sorry Konami, if I ever play this game it will be through the HD collection on PS3 someday.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

zezhyrule

Yeah everybody skip this crappy port and go grab the HD version, or even the original (subsistence) :3

@Oddy: This is a stealth game, not a shooter. The object is to alert as few as possible and kill as few as possible. If you just go around shooting the crap out of everyone you'll miss the whole point of the game. And a certain boss fight later will be a whole lot longer... Now to stop talking

Anyway, buy this bleh version and a CPP, or buy a superior HD version along with 4 other great games for only $50 :3

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

CerealKiller528

Being a "I don't give a #### about control or framerate issues" person, i easily overlooked those problems and enjoyed the demo. Not sure about every one else though

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

ocarinaoftime

In my opion i dont like this demo at all...the controls just feel sloppy to me...rhe camra angle i just have problems with.... have fun all who do and dont like this demo and happy gaming...

ocarinaoftime

KarrotMan

Downloading the Demo as I type. Judging from all the impressions, yeah this has to be an early build like the Jap version. I mean why would EDGE give this game an 8 when it clearly has problems? This is Konami's fault for releasing an early Comic con Demo, This would be hurting their sales as they should have at least made a more recent demo. Here's what Edge has to say:

Packed with detail, both in terms of it's environments and mechanics, this is a game that pays back investment in spades. MGS3 is a moden classic - the tighest, smartest and most emotional journey in the series - and even the HD update doesn't look as good as this portable treatment 8/10

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

HappyHappy

This game is terrible, controlling the camera is a pain, I can't aim well when I'm trying to use the gun, and half of the time I can't use stealth takedowns.

So many good games, so little money to spend.
3DS FC: 2148-8542-0062 Name:Ram-Z
Add me if you dare!
3DS Games:
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land

Twitter:

TheKingOfTown

Wow, EDGE gave it an 8? This demo must not be how the actual game played.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Bankai

Oddy wrote:

Went through again and did some more camo/stealth stuff. Basic gameplay was more fun, but still not seeing the logic in letting players find weapons but then completely restricting their use. Is this because it's the demo?

I wouldn't know. I try not to use weapons in MGS games.

Because that's the point.

BenAV

I didn't notice any control issues, but I only tried playing with the CPP.
Might end up getting this someday when it goes down in price, but probably not at launch.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Yrreiht

I've noticed that there is a lot of people having trouble with equiping weapons. In mgs 3 you need to manually equip them in your backpack menu. im collected all the weapons available in the demo and i can all use them without problems

Edit: also, i think that the 3D is removed when you target in first person because snake closes one eye to be more accurate.... but that might just be me

Edited on by Yrreiht

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

Kid_A

Man, such mixed reactions to this demo.
The Good
-Over-the-shoulder aiming! Yes! This is a good thing. I really like the idea of taking on those bosses I found so annoying the first couple times around with more modern, intuitive shooting mechanics.
-The CQC is by FAR the best out of all the other versions of the game. So intuitive, so easy to use, so much more fun than fumbling around with pressure-sensitive button commands.
-The crouch walk! Oh how I love it. My favorite addition to MGS4 is now in the best MGS game. Couldn't work better, either. Great addition.
-Clean interface. This is a big one. Having all that pesky HUD info off the top screen is a huge plus, and now I don't have to go to the pause screen to a view a crappy map anymore!
-Using the face buttons for camera control works about as well as it could work. I was surprised at how quickly I grasped it.
-3D looks nice. The foliage and trees really pop.
-It's Metal Gear Solid 3.
The Bad
-It doesn't look great. Yes, the 3D itself is nice, but it's not quite enough. Maybe it's because I'm coming hot off the HD version but it all looked a bit grainy for my taste. I had trouble distinguishing the crocodiles from the mud, and the soldiers from the trees. Yes, that's partially the point, because camouflage plays a big part in the game. But in the end, the graininess is a problem. Makes me think maybe the more-colorful MGS2 would have been a better choice for the system.
-Face-button control for camera control: yes. Face-button control for gun-aiming: no. Not so much. In a way, it encourages you to use stealth all the more, but sometimes a brother needs to use some sleeper darts. And darned if it wasn't needlessly difficult to do so.
-The enemy AI is way stupid. I always thought the AI in MGS3 was almost insanely good...now, not so much. We're back to the "out of sight, out of mind" days of MGS1.
-A bit sluggish, don't you think? The frame-rate never dropped, per se; its running rate is just slow to begin with. Probably something you'd get used to, but it's a shocking transition after the silky-smooth HD collection.
-It's Metal Gear Solid 3. This is the bigger issue: can you see yourself playing this on the train? I just kept thinking, this is fun, but is it really meant to be on a portable? It's like watching Titanic on your iPhone. Sure, you could do it, but why would you want to? It's not really the type of experience which lends itself to the small screen. So...I'm not sold. I was almost definitely going to get it, but now I'm thinking of holding off.

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

BenAV

tynerds37 wrote:

also, i think that the 3D is removed when you target in first person because snake closes one eye to be more accurate.... but that might just be me

If that's why they did that then that's kind of stupid.
Sure, you can't see the 3D on the 3DS when you close one eye, but in real life the world around me doesn't turn 2D when I close one eye.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

warioswoods

Kid_A wrote:

-Over-the-shoulder aiming! Yes!

I'm cool with 3rd person aiming, but one of my biggest grievances with the demo was those truly awful crosshairs. They just float awkwardly in space and do little to suggest direction in 3d.

There's a reason 3rd person aiming often uses something more than flat crosshairs; the lasers in Resident Evil and the staggered boxes of Starfox 64 3D allow you to perceive their depth and angle in 3d space. A single box floating weirdly doesn't work for me.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.