Forums

Topic: Mario vs. Donkey Kong not being picked up?

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

Cipher

Hi all,

I'm having a very strange problem. Last week, as with maybe a couple of other people, I got a 3DS on launch day. I've played a couple of DS games on it since - Pokémon SoulSilver, Golden Sun, Animal Crossing and Mario Kart. Today, though, I put Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! into the 3DS and it wouldn't recognise that there was a game card in at all. It's a legit UK copy bought from GAME online a few days ago, and the 3DS was also from GAME.

Anyone had any similar problems, with this game or any other? It's not a big deal to me as I've got a DS and a DSi as well, I just thought I'd share. Can't be the only person it's happened to, I'm not THAT unlucky.

Cipher

Tried both - neither works. That said, if I keep the game card pushed down, the 3DS will read it - but as soon as I let it go, it won't. Even when it reads it, this happens:

Untitled
Untitled
[2D IMAGE OF A NINTENDO 3DS GAME] (taken without turning the 3D off as well, bwah)

The game still plays fine in my DSi as well, the save file's not corrupted or anything. Plays absolutely fine.

Edited on by Cipher

theblackdragon

lol image description

that said, try contacting Nintendo with this oddity. perhaps they can figure out what's going on :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

theblackdragon

Cipher wrote:

Will do, I'll send off an email tomorrow. Quite looking forward to seeing what they have to say about it.

indeed, it sure is interesting. don't forget to let us know what they say :3

BEST THREAD EVER

moosa

I have a friend who's had this happen to her before with her DS Lite, so I doubt it's a design flaw with the 3DS, though it's possible there could be a problem with your particular 3DS.

Stop complaining and GO PLAY GAMES.

Cipher

Well, I just went and left this out in the sun to shrivel up, didn't I?

I sent off an email to Nintendo UK a little while back and this is the response I got:

Dear Jack, thank you for your e-mail.

I have to say I have not seen anything like this before and our copy of the game does not do this with our 3DS unit. Are you having any other issues with games playing in your 3DS? If not it suggests a problem with your copy of the M-v-DK game. I am more than happy to replace this for you if you wish. Let me have your full name and address detail together with a telephone number and I will send a pre paid label to you to get it in.

Kind regards,

Your Nintendo Team

I've replied to thank them and accept their offer - I've been itching to play it at times when I've been out, and since I've had my 3DS with me, I haven't been able to.

Very quick response from them as well, haven't had to contact Nintendo UK in a while but it's nice to know their customer service is as good as ever.

JohnDoe123

You seem very lucky. When my Pokewalker broke they wanted me to buy a new one. I declined, but would have liked for them to have given me a new one, seeing as I am a loyal Nintendo fan that gives them hundreds of dollars, it wouldn't have hurt them to give me an $8 pokewalker for free.

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

Starrebirth

I'm unsure, but did Nintendo ever say the 3DS was 100% backwards compatible? Regardless, they'll probably release a sequel to that game on 3DS within a year or two.

Edited on by Starrebirth

The can is open, but the worms are surrounded by fish hooks. Current faves: Batman: Arkham City, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection

theblackdragon

EmpireIndustries wrote:

You seem very lucky. When my Pokewalker broke they wanted me to buy a new one. I declined, but would have liked for them to have given me a new one, seeing as I am a loyal Nintendo fan that gives them hundreds of dollars, it wouldn't have hurt them to give me an $8 pokewalker for free.

it would've been another thing entirely if you had been sold a legit copy of Pokemon HG/SS complete with a pokewalker that turned out to not communicate with your game like it should've, even with a brand new battery in it and everything. If the problem is theirs, Nintendo is usually more than happy to make things right, but you breaking your pokewalker isn't their problem. They even gave you the option to purchase a separate new pokewalker instead of having to rebuy the entire game to get one... sounds like a deal to me.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

komicturtle

You can even buy the Pokewalker for $5 on their online store. I remember the Pokemon Pikachu 2 pedometer being $20 and that had less features than the Pokewalker.

komicturtle

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.