3DS Forum

Topic: Mario Tennis Open Discussion

Showing 341 to 360 of 474

AuthorMessage

BenAV

341. Posted:

@ChocoGoldfish Yeah, it's really strange that they didn't use the Join Friend's Game option.
I'll make sure to keep an eye on my friend's list while I'm playing Mario Tennis then. ;)

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

pixelman

342. Posted:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

pixelman wrote:

It sounds like if you can play against someone who's good at the game and has a good connection, it's crazy fun though. For me that'd be worth it. Hopefully they can patch some of these issues up and add some new features and DLC. :3

Problem is that Friends lists is problematic. Like the early 3DS games there's no "Join Friend's Game" option.

BTW Ben and everyone else on my friends list here. If you're online and playing Mario Tennis, and I'm online, I'll set up a friends match. Join me there :)

Yeah, but that feature doesn't make much sense for a game that's mostly going to be 1 on 1 matches. What the 3DS really needs is friend invites.

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Bankai

343. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

pixelman wrote:

It sounds like if you can play against someone who's good at the game and has a good connection, it's crazy fun though. For me that'd be worth it. Hopefully they can patch some of these issues up and add some new features and DLC. :3

Problem is that Friends lists is problematic. Like the early 3DS games there's no "Join Friend's Game" option.

BTW Ben and everyone else on my friends list here. If you're online and playing Mario Tennis, and I'm online, I'll set up a friends match. Join me there :)

Yeah, but that feature doesn't make much sense for a game that's mostly going to be 1 on 1 matches. What the 3DS really needs is friend invites.

Couldn't agree with you more.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Bankai

344. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

pixelman

345. Posted:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

pixelman wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

pixelman wrote:

You just did. D:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

pixelman wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

346. Posted:

As much as I do like the game, as Waltz mentioned, it is limited. I can tell the game was.. well, rushed. For one, right off the bat but not necessairly important are the real time shadows- they're missing. Even the original MT on N64 had real shadows and not a circle blob. Again, not strikingly important, but it's just there. Also, tournament. The fact you can't play against the "hidden" characters really makes for some repetitive matches. Then again, it's just the CPUs- typical with every sports game.

And finally, them chance shots. I'm still figuring out how to volley the ball back without letting my opponent get ANY chances. Apparently, volleying the ball with the wrong return increases the chances of your opponent of getting chance shots , as well as the curve and direction, or just "leaping" at the ball.

Those are my own personal qualms. Otherwise, it's a blast to play. Have yet to play any friend matches. I'm working on getting "star" characters. Haven't messed around with doubles much. Always 1v1...

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

347. Posted:

Wow.. So, this guy in a Tanooki suit beat me 2 matches, and everytime I look for another match, he shows up again...

3rd time, I find his pattern, exploit it. He was going to get a "Game Set and Match" till I made an astonishing come back. Once I "got" him and one that game, he immediately disconnects. Sore loser :/

I got some points though. He was high rank too...

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

BenAV

348. Posted:

On the train today I finally unlocked all the equipment today and bought all the rackets... now I just need a whole heap of coins to buy the rest. :P
The last few costumes will take me a while to unlock though, mostly the StreetPass ones.

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

349. Posted:

Just got the Pink Yoshi QR code! I hope they make all the colors available for all regions.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Chaoslink1

350. Posted:

OMG, I just got Luma unlocked today!!!! it was hard as sh*t but i finally did it :D I also unlocked all the other 3 characters btw.
and now it's just a matter of time to wait for all the other yoshi colors to arive in Europe :)

My favourite games: http://chaoslink1.deviantart.com/art/Top-10-Favourite-Video-Game-meme-Chaoslink1-309965952?q=boost%3Apopular%20%28%28my%20top%2010%29%20AND%20%28by%3Achaoslink1%29%29&qo=0
Retro games, Modern games, all AWESOME!!!

3DS Friend Code: 4210-3973-4461 | Nintendo Network ID: Chaoslink1 | Twitter: Chaoslink1

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

351. Posted:

Any tips for getting 800 points in the ring shot challenge mode?

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Birdman

352. Posted:

So the Yellow Yoshi QR code for NA has been released; it's being hosted on Joystiq, but IGN has also posted an article with it in it.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

353. Posted:

iPancakez wrote:

Any tips for getting 800 points in the ring shot challenge mode?

Try to hit lots of rings together when clustered. It's good to use drop shots as well as a racket that curves. If you're trying to unlock Daisy Costume, you need to play with a friend to do that.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

BenAV

354. Posted:

Finally bought everything from the item shop.
I'm spending way too much time doing pointless things on this game I'd say.

AuthorMessage

akabenjy

355. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

Finally bought everything from the item shop.

I'm spending way too much time doing pointless things on this game I'd say.

Yeah I bought everything a few days ago. I just played Galaxy Rally over and over again. Did you know that you can only get a maximum of 9999 in Galaxy Rally? I think I played you the other night. Ben White Yoshi? You're really good:)

akabenjy

AuthorMessage

BenAV

356. Posted:

@akabenjy Yeah, I read that 9999 was the limit, but my highest is just a bit over 9000. :P
I used to use White Yoshi a lot so yep, that'd be me.
Just noticed that you tried to talk to me on a few articles, sorry that I didn't notice till now.
If you give me your friend code I'd be happy to add you back and we can have a game sometime. :)
I'm from Melbourne too by the way. ;)

AuthorMessage

akabenjy

357. Posted:

Cool:) FC: 240654645602

I usually post on IGN so I don't know many people on these boards. Plus MTO is region locked so it's hard to find people to play Exhibition matches online:(

Edited on by akabenjy

akabenjy

AuthorMessage

Emaan

358. Posted:

@BenAV, there's a white Yoshi? Where's the QR code? :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

BenAV

359. Posted:

Emaan1 wrote:

@BenAV, there's a white Yoshi? Where's the QR code? :O

So far the White and Black Yoshi codes are only for the PAL regions, but they'll come to America eventually so just keep an eye out.

AuthorMessage

BenAV

360. Posted:

@Mahary Yep, we still need Red, Light Blue, Dark Blue, Pink and Yellow I think.