3DS Forum

Topic: Mario Tennis Open Discussion

Showing 281 to 300 of 480

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

281. Posted:

I was hesitant about the game but I got it anyway and it's actually quite fun! People online are crazy good and I kept losing so badly D; If anyone wants to add me, please go ahead, I could use some friends to play with.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

CosmoXY

282. Posted:

Does anyone else love when Daisy says, "I'm so sure" after you score? That's probably my favorite bit of dialogue right now.

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061
Rock Safari - Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

AuthorMessage

Joshers744

283. Posted:

If no one else has noticed, after you beat the first 4 cups with one person, you don't have to do the first 3 all over again to make someone else a star character. You can go straight to the Champions Cup if you want. I have 5 stars now (only 1 who I skipped the first three cups with so far).

CHARACTER SPOILER:

Green Yoshi
Baby Mario
Luma
Mario
Red Yoshi

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
XBL : Jataylor744

My 3DS friend code is : 4639-9014-2585Online games i have right now : MK7, Mario Tennis O, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sonic Generations, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Animal Crossing : New Leaf

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

284. Posted:

Duney wrote:

Does anyone else love when Daisy says, "I'm so sure" after you score? That's probably my favorite bit of dialogue right now.

I like it when Wario says, "Someone's cheated. I can't lose!" when he loses a match, which he also said in Mario Power Tennis. In fact, I'm surprised nobody's noticed that the voices in Open are almost the same as in Mario Power Tennis.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Joshers744

285. Posted:

NintyFan wrote:

Duney wrote:

I like it when Wario says, "Someone's cheated. I can't lose!" when he loses a match, which he also said in Mario Power Tennis. In fact, I'm surprised nobody's noticed that the voices in Open are almost the same as in Mario Power Tennis.

Yeah. Kind of wish they would have updated more. Oh well.
I never could hear what he says except for I can't lose! :p

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
XBL : Jataylor744

My 3DS friend code is : 4639-9014-2585Online games i have right now : MK7, Mario Tennis O, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sonic Generations, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Animal Crossing : New Leaf

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

Birdman

286. Posted:

@Joshers744 - Thanks for that tipm now unlocking star characters and achievement costumes should take even less time ... ;)

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Henmii

287. Posted:

It was said that people would get 250 stars on top of the 250 stars you usually get when you register a game (in Europe). But I did register the game, and I only got 250 stars. What did I wrong?

Anyway, my first impression is that's it another fun Mario tennis! And it seems you can unlock lots of stuff to make your Mii character more powerful!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

Mercury9

288. Posted:

Henmii wrote:

It was said that people would get 250 stars on top of the 250 stars you usually get when you register a game (in Europe). But I did register the game, and I only got 250 stars. What did I wrong?

Anyway, my first impression is that's it another fun Mario tennis! And it seems you can unlock lots of stuff to make your Mii character more powerful!

I registered it earlier today and initially got my 250. I went hunting online for QR codes. Then I went to close the Nintendo website and I noticed my other 250 stars had been added. I don't think you get notified. I didn't.

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

289. Posted:

I got my Boo costume :)

Not liking the online portion mostly because of people seeming to be pulling a Funky Kong crap combo from MKWii but instead Mii and Superstar. Played 4 today with same set up (beat 3 of 4) with the same lame serve strategy.

Some doofus wanted to be cheap and not serve for almost a minute and moved forward to lakitu and he served it so fast- desperate lol

Shame I beat him so bad though (with Wario). Typical lame Mario sports online community :/

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Mercury9

290. Posted:

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

Not liking the online portion mostly because of people seeming to be pulling a Funky Kong crap combo from MKWii

Completely agree.

I unboxed game.
Play some offline to get the controls etc for a few hours
Go online
Get completely owned by a spamming, taunting *** ***ser :P
Swore
Switched off!

AuthorMessage

BudrSbastig

291. Posted:

I love playing with my collection of celeb mii's, its funny watching jesus and hitler run around in there P.E kit. plus when people beat me.....which happens quite a lot they get a celeb medal for there collection! hee hee

BudrSbastig

AuthorMessage

CosmoXY

292. Posted:

Can any character become a Star player? What are the requirements? I won the Championship trophy with Red Yoshi and Mii so far, but only the Red Yoshi was given the option to become a Star.

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061

AuthorMessage

alex167

293. Posted:

Duney wrote:

Can any character become a Star player? What are the requirements? I won the Championship trophy with Red Yoshi and Mii so far, but only the Red Yoshi was given the option to become a Star.

That´s because Miis can´t become Star Player.

I read that Diddy / Donkey Kong costumes can be obtained by meeting 20 / 50 Mii characters via StreetPass. Is that the only way to get'em or can be bought with game coins? same way Shy Guy costume needs winning 20 street pass matches.
For me it´s hard to find people to street pass so those costumes might be almost impossible to unlock.

FRIEND CODES:
Wii:2531-7440-8433-6504
Mario Kart Wii:5241-3460-6377
Dr. Mario Online RX:9404-3380-5430
Tetris Party:0474-1183-3104

AuthorMessage

CosmoXY

294. Posted:

alex167 wrote:

That´s because Miis can´t become Star Player.

That answers my question, thanks. I wonder why though...

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061

AuthorMessage

Mercury9

295. Posted:

This game is pretty hard and it doesn't need to be.
I hate the Super Mario Tennis minigame. It drives me up the wall! It took me over an hour (no joke) to beat Bowser and then another hour to beat Diddy Kong in the cups. Every shot was returned about 98% of the time.

Bowser is broken :P

AuthorMessage

Birdman

296. Posted:

Anyone else notice that, in Single-Player Tournaments, unlocked characters are never the computer participants? I just find that to be weird.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

297. Posted:

I unlocked Dry Bowser and Baby Mario. If I can't have the Donkey Kong costume until I streetpass 50 people who own this game, then I might not get it. That requirement is too steep for where I live. The Wario costume, however, might be doable, as I have to collect 800 coins in Super Mario Tennis level 1-4 to get that.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Zach777

298. Posted:

Does playing on the internet have huge delays during play (like game-altering delays such as missing the shot trajectory)? Am I the only one experiencing this? I honestly am having a tough time playing against anyone on the internet...

Wii Friend Code: 5530-6075-2319-8028
3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794
Poke'Mon White 2 Friend Code: 2065-7000-4226
WiiU NNID: Zach777
AC:NL Dream Address: 4500-2207-2260

AuthorMessage

BudrSbastig

299. Posted:

I've had a few matches with lag, but most have been fine, really liking this online, the game play is quite tactical and deep!

BudrSbastig

AuthorMessage

BenAV

300. Posted:

There's one particular person that when I play it always lags.
Gives them an advantage too, because I'm pretty sure they're used to it. D:
Apart from that though, it's usually pretty good I've found.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV