3DS Forum

Topic: Mario Tennis Open Discussion

Showing 241 to 260 of 480

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

241. Posted:

SPOILERS AHEAD

I found ways to unlock Petey Pirahna costume and more.

I'm working my way to get the Boo costume since he's my favorite Mario character next to Wario. Seems like Toad is the hardest of all. There's also Birdo's costume. I'm curious to see if Lakitu has a costume, since I have some items from his set. I also love the Tanooki Mario Racket and Propeller lol

So many items to unlock and combinations. I'm shaping my Mii to be like Boo- tricky and nimble. Seriously, I feel like IGN's review was premature because there are lots of things that are "off" in their review- but an opinion is an opinion.

I've battled online with about 4 people- I beat them all except one who disconnected because he was being served by my "Star" status Boo lol

Mario Tennis has ALWAYS been my favorite sports title and this one really improves on the past titles. I do wish there was an option to turn off "Chance shots" for those REAL competetive games because those things can be "luck" based at times- least, with these CPUs that know where you're going to strike the ball. Of course, it's nothing compared to the unbalanced Mario Kart games..

Again, if you loved the Mario Tennis games, I stress that you check out this phenomenal game. I'd personally give it a 4/5 rating. Another great title added to my growing 3DS library :D

And OMG, the music- Motoi Sakuraba does NOT disappoint! Loved his compositions in Kid Icarus Uprising and I love how he rearranged the N64 tunes in the Special Star cups. Nostalgia at it's best.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

NintendoNaut

242. Posted:

The gyro controls are so annoying--Does anyone know how to switch them off permanently vs. toggling them off every single round? And is there any way to turn them of in MP mode? I can't even find that.

NintendoNaut

Nintendo Network ID: NintndoNaut | Twitter: nintendonaut

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

243. Posted:

@Nintendo-Naut
Yup, go into Club House and in the "Options".

As for MP, you won't know if someone is using it if that's what you're talking about.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

244. Posted:

There's a Koopa Troopa costume?!?! I may get the game after all..

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Terave

245. Posted:

God, you're all making me very excited for it, even though I'm not getting it. (I think) But tell me: Do you think you'll keep playing this game after a while, and is there good replayability? If THOSE are good, then perhaps I'll get it. PERHAPS. :)

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

246. Posted:

I know I'm playing for awhile. Things to unlock, rankings online as well as getting star status on all characters

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Joshers744

247. Posted:

If I haven't said it before I'll say it now. I am impressed with this game. I really wasn't expecting too much.
I'd give it a strong 8 out of 10, and even that sounds just a little harsh right now (maybe a 9 if there was an RPG mode). This one is hard for me to put down.
Plenty of items for your Mii to unlock at least. Really makes you feel like you have owner ship of your customization when there is so much to choose from.

(SPOILERS AHEAD CAPTIAN!)

Right now my Mii is sporting a Fire Mario costume (until I get a few more items to buy) and a Super Star racket.
Just beat the Ice Flower Cup with Yoshi this morning, and made some progress with others. Him and Baby Mario are my other Star Players so far.
Still don't have Dry Bowser though. I'll get him soon enough though. Those minigames give some good challange!

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
XBL : Jataylor744

My 3DS friend code is : 4639-9014-2585Online games i have right now : MK7, Mario Tennis O, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sonic Generations, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Animal Crossing : New Leaf

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

Emaan

248. Posted:

Content wise, I guess I don't really need that much from this game. As there's a bunch of other 3DS games I plan on getting this Summer, I don't need anything too excessive with things to do. I'll ask for this for my birthday :)

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Joshers744

249. Posted:

Ug. Having some series trouble with just the second level of that Ink Splat game...it's not the ink, its my stupid opponent, and then how they cheer when I fail and become aggravated everytime makes it worse. :p
I've been at least level 3 on the other games, but this one...ugg...

My 3DS friend code is : 4639-9014-2585Online games i have right now : MK7, Mario Tennis O, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sonic Generations, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Animal Crossing : New Leaf

AuthorMessage

BenAV

250. Posted:

The more people compliment this game, the harder waiting for Thursday (which is tomorrow now, actually) gets.
Wednesday's my day off so usually that'd fly by... but I have an assignment to do. D:

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: Teikoku | Club ID: EF002F9BC

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

CosmoXY

251. Posted:

@Joshers - Yeah, that Ink Splat is the trickiest for me too. Had a hard enough time getting the bronze in that one.

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061
Rock Safari - Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

AuthorMessage

cheapogamer4life

252. Posted:

Still working on passing the first level of the ink splat game :/
Did i miss something here. Is their anyway of pass the mario world mini game without dying? I see that you can add time by hitting the enemies but their doesn't seem to be enough time to perfect that mini game.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

AuthorMessage

Joshers744

253. Posted:

cheapogamer4life wrote:

Still working on passing the first level of the ink splat game :/
Did i miss something here. Is their anyway of pass the mario world mini game without dying? I see that you can add time by hitting the enemies but their doesn't seem to be enough time to perfect that mini game.

It's possible. I was able to get through all four levels of it.
Just make sure you know what each type of hit does. For example, I'd use the B button to hit enimies low on the screen. Also, be sure to hit around the screen some if you don't see anything. There may be coin blocks that you can't see.
Also, if you hit some pipes, you will go down them to a bonus like area, usually with many coins for time.

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

254. Posted:

Does anyone else find the online rankings system incredibly dumb? I currently have a rating of 2622 (29th in the world) and I sometimes lose rating points even in victories now. I essentially have to shut people out in order to gain ranking. Also, for whatever reason, the monthly leader-board score is based on how many matches you play which I don't understand at all.

Edited on by TheBaconator

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

CowLaunch

255. Posted:

To those that have played this game a while, I have these questions 2:

Does this version play more like N64 or Power Tennis?

How much do the coloured circles dictate play?

Thanking you in advance, CowLaunch.

CowLaunch

AuthorMessage

MetalMario

256. Posted:

Does multiplayer work as well as Kid Icarus Uprising?

Mario is my homeboy! It matters not how you play. What matters...is how you fall.[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's momFor friend codes, check my backloggery.VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

AuthorMessage

Joshers744

257. Posted:

So after I bought the super expensie Super Star racket and shoes, I decided to try to buy the uniform when it came in....that was a mistake.. :p I bought it anyway to be funny, but.....yeeeeahhh...let's just say I can be seen with this on..

AuthorMessage

Not-Another-Ad

258. Posted:

I hope there's a Birdo costume in the game.

PSN- Crossword-Man
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage

Joshers744

259. Posted:

Nick-Clegg wrote:

I hope there's a Birdo costume in the game.

If there is, it may make me feel more manly then my super star uniform.. :p

AuthorMessage

BenAV

260. Posted:

Woo, the wait is nearly over!
Can't wait to play this game tomorrow.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: Teikoku | Club ID: EF002F9BC

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV