3DS Forum

Topic: Mario Tennis Open Discussion

Showing 201 to 220 of 480

AuthorMessage

TruthBeTold

201. Posted:

I am getting it day one! :D

And I agree with the statement made by @K964. I think when playing other humans, the chance spots can be used to be kinda tricky! I don't know how the AI works in the game, so I dont know if they will react before or after you make a shot (as in, will they place themselves on the court due to the chance spot that appears or the shot you hit?)

I also heard it said that there will be a daily leader board, That's awesome! It's something I wish SSB or Mario Kart would mix in! Make it more competitive!

My Backloggery!
NNID: Punch
3DS FC: 2836-0160-7264

AuthorMessage

Joshers744

202. Posted:

Daily leaderboard you say?? hmm...maybe one day...in the next couple years...I will have my day!!! ....at least in the top 50!! :p

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
XBL : Jataylor744

My 3DS friend code is : 4639-9014-2585Online games i have right now : MK7, Mario Tennis O, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sonic Generations, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Animal Crossing : New Leaf

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

TruthBeTold

203. Posted:

Whoops! It's monthly, sorry guys! But I agree! I think in a few years when not many people are playing I will get up on that leaderboard! Hahah

My Backloggery!
NNID: Punch
3DS FC: 2836-0160-7264

AuthorMessage

CosmoXY

204. Posted:

Who am I kidding? I'm getting it after midnight tonight. Looking forward to that new game smell!

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061
Rock Safari - Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

205. Posted:

I think I will pick this one because I haven't played a good 3DS game since March. It does look at bit light on content, but it should hold me over for while. Hey everybody please post your first impressions here tomorrow when you get the game I want know EVERYTHING.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

206. Posted:

I hope this will at least allow you to play with friends outside of your region, since playing with random people has been confirmed to be reigonal.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I help keep these threads updated: New 3DS VC games in Japan, Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, and Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

Emaan

207. Posted:

Square-enixFan wrote:

Hey everybody please post your first impressions here tomorrow when you get the game I want know EVERYTHING.

I second that, whoever's getting this tomorrow, tell me everything :D
Maybe I might get it, if I hear good things from everyone on here.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Edlicious

208. Posted:

It's AMAZING! god the graphics are so nice, for like the first time ever I dont agree with nintendolife's review on it, im having a total blast with it honestly, and the retro mario level is really fun actually!

3DS FC; 2191 7816 0194

MK7, RE:R, KIU, lets play?

http://www.facebook.com/Throwinguprainbows

AuthorMessage

BenAV

209. Posted:

I want it now, don't wanna wait till Thursday! D:

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: Teikoku | Club ID: EF002F9BC

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

210. Posted:

Loving it. The music is fantastic (rearrangement of Good Egg Galaxy!)
So thrilled that doubles are online with friends at least. I thought IGN said there was no option at all- huh?

Unlocked Baby Mario and Dry Bowser. Luma is going to be a pain to get though. But I can't stop trying to beat the 3rd Level of that Galaxy Mini game.

If you love MarionTennis, get it. Especially if you enjoyed the original on N64. There's a real neat reference to Waluigi's victory pose from N64 that had me laughing :)

As for online- very basic but completely functional and does its job. Sure people will try to climb the ranks akin to Mario Strikers Charged. My online quick match was smooth for the most part. Jittered once or twice for a split second... And I won :D

7-1

Those chance circles, you shouldnt always rely on them, like that guy did.

Anyhow, still more to uncover. I believe if you use a character through all cups they get a STAR status like in the past games.
My choices: Boo, Mii, Wario and Daisy.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

211. Posted:

If Motoi Sakuraba did the music, I may have to listen to the soundtrack, if nothing else.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

212. Posted:

So is online region locked or not? Be kind of pointless for me to get this even for cheap if it is.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

BenAV

213. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So is online region locked or not? Be kind of pointless for me to get this even for cheap if it is.

Apparently so.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

214. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Apparently so.

Dang, I keep seeing people say different things. A giant chunk of my friend list is apparently outside of the U.S. so I won't bother getting this. Maybe at a garage sale. I don't buy games just for their online, and the extra modes in this do look fun, a lot of fun, but I'm just not interested and am very very low on cash. :(

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

BenAV

215. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo Same for me, but the other way around. A lot of people on my friends list are from America, but I'm not. :P
Doesn't bother me too much though, as I'm happy enough playing against strangers.. Just hoping the lag isn't unbearable.
I'm sure I'll also get a lot of fun out of the single player mode too, and hopefully I'll be able to play local multiplayer from time to time too.
Even if I didn't want it any more, I paid for my copy ages ago so I'll be getting it as soon as it's out here on Thursday.

AuthorMessage

Emaan

216. Posted:

Hmm, to get or not to get. I was already going to wait until my birthday in June to get it before I changed my mind. Need more opinions :p

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Bazly

217. Posted:

THIS GAME IS AWESOME! I just got it a couple of hours ago and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Honestly, I find all of the reviews are a bit misguided: if you like Mario Tennis, you'll like this game. It's pretty much that simple. It's a fun Mario Tennis game.

Also, one thing that I find kind of funny: in the Special Games, the game "Ink Showdown" is described as "Swing for the balls spit at you!" Grammar fail? Anybody else notice that? lol.

My Pushmo and Crashmo Levels
My "The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave" QR Codes
My "The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves" QR Codes
3DS Friend Code: 5370-0572-6471
Miiverse Username: iBazly

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

218. Posted:

Is this a good game to get if you are new to the series? I think I am going to take the plunge and use a Gamestop Powerup rewards coupon for $10 off any game and then I will be able to get it by early June. So let me ask this for hopefully the last time Super Mario Tennis the full NES game or just a few levels? Also how is the online?

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

JJOR64

219. Posted:

Got the game and it's pretty good so far. Here are a few things I would have liked to see:
*Like some reviews have said, the game is light on content. Having more options, especially in Single Player mode, would have been nice.
*Each character having their own High Score for the Special Games would have been great.
*Wish the online netcode was better. You can feel the lag.
*Being able to compare your items for you Mii would have been nice. Like comparing racket A with racket B and compare the stats.

GiantBomb.com It's a website about video games! http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/jjor64/

Twitter: JJOR64

AuthorMessage

Emaan

220. Posted:

@Square-enixFan, I've said it like 3 times now. No, its not the full Super Mario Bros. game in Super Mario Tennis. Just the first 4 levels.

Still contemplating on getting this game :O

The Emaaloggery